“AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Wayne
“AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been meaning to write this for a while but in dec of last year I was at this place for a night on business. I have never seen a place so dirty and dingy! My bathroom had pubic hairs all over the toilet seat. The halls ways smelled like someone was smoking! The front desk never answered
Any calls when I needed towels. Spoke to the manager Kelly in the morning when I checked out and it seemed liked this was a routine complaint and brushed me off. Never again! Cheap place but there are options please look elsewhere

Room Tip: My room was dirty
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Michael B,
I apologize that you were left with such an unfavorable opinion, not just of the property, but of your conversation with me personally! I would like to better discuss with you your experience and offer you a complimentary return stay. Please accept my apology and I hope you will give us a second chance to leave you with a much better impression.
Warm Wishes,
Kelly McCurdy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Stanton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I do a lot of traveling for business and stay in many of the chain hotels. I do not care if I stay in a 5 star hotel or a lower price hotel,the staff from the front desk to the house keepers can leave a lasting impression about the hotel. The staff at this hotel has always made me feel welcome. One front desk clerk stands out "ROBERT". He has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome. I was very impressed that when I am the lobby, I noticed he has taken the time to learn and then addresses each guest that walks upto or past the front desk by their name. If there has been an issue with a room, the staff has always gone out of their way to correct it. That means a lot to me that the employee of this hotel take pride in what they do. This hotel might not be the newest hotel out there or the one with the most rescent upgrades, but the staff more then makes up for it. If you are traveling far from home and want to feel welcome at a hotel, try this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and kind review. It is our hopes that our staff can provide that ‘home away from home’ feel for all of our guests. I have shared your kind words with Robert and the rest of the staff. Please do not hesitate to call me directly the next time you are visiting our area.
610.327.3300
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

the day of my arrival was a chilly 28 degress evening 20 degrees - I arrive at hotel at 10pm - had shared on the phone after I booked my reservation - I was concern the rrom would be cold - I came from TX and 75 degree weather. - the room had NO heat turned on til I turned it on. it was Slooooooow warming it up and the floor being cement - never got any warmth. it was the far corner room - so it was chilly

and ...even though I know it's difficult to do. I can't stand the bathroom with other peoples hair on the floor or wall. even though I know it was washed - the remaining pieces of hair is still gross.

the pieces of furniture were really worn with dark stains -maybe a steam cleaning?

all was placed and tidyly placed - well arragned and good decor -
I'm not saying I wasn't satisfied - just giving my opinion of what could be improved ...as you asked - I am being honest.

All the staff was Super friendly and generous - they need to be applauded and given recognition.

I didn't use the breakfast room -
Thank-You

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Nicole F,
I appreciate your helpful and kind review. Thank you for your suggestions. Please call me directly the next time you visit our area. I promise to personally turn the heat on for you before you arrive.
Warm Wishes,
Kelly McCurdy

Been to Days Inn Pottstown? Share your experiences!