“STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Pottstown
New Stanton, Pennsylvania
“STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I do a lot of traveling for business and stay in many of the chain hotels. I do not care if I stay in a 5 star hotel or a lower price hotel,the staff from the front desk to the house keepers can leave a lasting impression about the hotel. The staff at this hotel has always made me feel welcome. One front desk clerk stands out "ROBERT". He has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome. I was very impressed that when I am the lobby, I noticed he has taken the time to learn and then addresses each guest that walks upto or past the front desk by their name. If there has been an issue with a room, the staff has always gone out of their way to correct it. That means a lot to me that the employee of this hotel take pride in what they do. This hotel might not be the newest hotel out there or the one with the most rescent upgrades, but the staff more then makes up for it. If you are traveling far from home and want to feel welcome at a hotel, try this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and kind review. It is our hopes that our staff can provide that ‘home away from home’ feel for all of our guests. I have shared your kind words with Robert and the rest of the staff. Please do not hesitate to call me directly the next time you are visiting our area.
610.327.3300

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

the day of my arrival was a chilly 28 degress evening 20 degrees - I arrive at hotel at 10pm - had shared on the phone after I booked my reservation - I was concern the rrom would be cold - I came from TX and 75 degree weather. - the room had NO heat turned on til I turned it on. it was Slooooooow warming it up and the floor being cement - never got any warmth. it was the far corner room - so it was chilly

and ...even though I know it's difficult to do. I can't stand the bathroom with other peoples hair on the floor or wall. even though I know it was washed - the remaining pieces of hair is still gross.

the pieces of furniture were really worn with dark stains -maybe a steam cleaning?

all was placed and tidyly placed - well arragned and good decor -
I'm not saying I wasn't satisfied - just giving my opinion of what could be improved ...as you asked - I am being honest.

All the staff was Super friendly and generous - they need to be applauded and given recognition.

I didn't use the breakfast room -
Thank-You

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Nicole F,
I appreciate your helpful and kind review. Thank you for your suggestions. Please call me directly the next time you visit our area. I promise to personally turn the heat on for you before you arrive.
Warm Wishes,
Quebec
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stay in a lot of budget/mid hotels while traveling with my dog(s). Finding good pet-friendly accommodation is an iffy business. Wherever I stay, I always try to leave the place as clean/cleaner than when I arrived....I cover all bedding and furniture with my own blankets in case dogs get up on beds etc. I feed/brush/clean up my dogs outside, I wipe paws before entering the hotel, I pick up my dog's poo, I don't let them pee on anything people will touch, you know, all the stuff I'd do at home or if I was a guest at someone's house. Generally, I am not picky about pet friendly accommodations, I just expect them to be decently clean and have the bare minimum of amenities. I've had some good experiences and some not so good....But the Days Inn Pottstown hit an all-time low. As soon as we entered through the side door a stench of feces and/or vomit hit us like a brick. The room 2 doors down from ours was open for all the world to see...and smell. We were told by the kid at the front desk that the toilet overflowed. It smelled like some crack head OD'd and loosed his bowels all over the place. The bedding was stripped and a fan was in the room and I bet the place will be febreezed to death but...I PITY the next person who gets that room. There was dried urine behind our toilet, and the mirror was “cleaned” with what appeared to be a grease-smeared dish-rag. After the first night, nobody came in to clean at all. They just tossed some shampoo and coffee into the room, replaced our towels and that was it. Beds were not made, carpet was not vacuumed, nothing was cleaned, no attempt was made to make up our room at all. And we were gone with the dogs all day, we left the room neat and organized, so they can’t use that as an excuse! We complained to the manager and the 800 #, but they would not discount our stay at all. Bye bye Days Inn. Never again.

Room Tip: The trash bin outside will be cleaner.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Fiona,

I would normally not question the authenticity of a review, and I do not mean any offense to you or any future travelers who may be reading this response, however I have not been able to find any customer care cases that resemble what you are describing for our property in the last 12 months. Additionally what you are describing does not match our properties description: we have no side door other than an employee exit that opens directly into our laundry room, which after 20 years of use, understandably smells strongly of detergent and softener. I mean no disrespect and am eager to further discuss this with you in person. Please call me as soon as possible at 610.327.3300 ext 154.

That being said, I am happy to address these unacceptable conditions. An overflow in the bathroom happens occasionally. My team is thoroughly trained on how to properly clean and sanitize these situations quickly to assure that other guests are not affected. A door should remain open only for team members to enter and exit the room. We use the proper chemicals to clean and sanitize both the tile floor in the bathroom and the carpet in the guest room if necessary. Additionally a machine is used in the room that sanitizes the air.

The housekeeping service you are describing is unacceptable, far from standard for this property, and justifies compensation. Again, I urge you to contact myself or our corporate office as soon as possible to further address this.

Kelly McCurdy

Been to Days Inn Pottstown? Share your experiences!