I stay in a lot of budget/mid hotels while traveling with my dog(s). Finding good pet-friendly accommodation is an iffy business. Wherever I stay, I always try to leave the place as clean/cleaner than when I arrived....I cover all bedding and furniture with my own blankets in case dogs get up on beds etc. I feed/brush/clean up my dogs outside, I wipe paws before entering the hotel, I pick up my dog's poo, I don't let them pee on anything people will touch, you know, all the stuff I'd do at home or if I was a guest at someone's house. Generally, I am not picky about pet friendly accommodations, I just expect them to be decently clean and have the bare minimum of amenities. I've had some good experiences and some not so good....But the Days Inn Pottstown hit an all-time low. As soon as we entered through the side door a stench of feces and/or vomit hit us like a brick. The room 2 doors down from ours was open for all the world to see...and smell. We were told by the kid at the front desk that the toilet overflowed. It smelled like some crack head OD'd and loosed his bowels all over the place. The bedding was stripped and a fan was in the room and I bet the place will be febreezed to death but...I PITY the next person who gets that room. There was dried urine behind our toilet, and the mirror was “cleaned” with what appeared to be a grease-smeared dish-rag. After the first night, nobody came in to clean at all. They just tossed some shampoo and coffee into the room, replaced our towels and that was it. Beds were not made, carpet was not vacuumed, nothing was cleaned, no attempt was made to make up our room at all. And we were gone with the dogs all day, we left the room neat and organized, so they can’t use that as an excuse! We complained to the manager and the 800 #, but they would not discount our stay at all. Bye bye Days Inn. Never again.
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pottstown
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Pottstown
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Pottstown 2*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The guest rooms at the Days Inn Pottstown offer beautifully appointed furniture, a comfortable and well lit work workspace and all include 32 inch flat screen TV, complimentary wireless internet access, microwaves and refrigerators, and coffee makers. Hair dryers, irons and ironing boards are also provided in every guest room for your convenience. We invite you to take advantage of other amenities including a seasonal outdoor pool, fitness center, and business center. Join us in our lobby every morning for a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. There is ample parking for cars, trucks, and buses. Meeting and banquet space is also offered for your next business function or family gathering. We proudly welcome your pets on our property. Call us today and ask about our wedding and shopping packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Pottstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Pottstown Hotel Pottstown
- Best Western Pottstown Hotel
- Pottstown Best Western