“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
PAWTUCKET
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We have stayed there on several occasions (most recently April 27&28) - it is convenient when bringing our spaniel to compete in Field Trials/Hunt Tests nearby. Plenty of parking, nice area for the dogs. Rooms I thought were very nice - my must haves are a fridge (theirs is fairly large), nice TV, and complimentary breakfast - theirs is nice. I don't need a pool or any of that stuff, just a nice clean room with those things I mentioned. In fact I have recommended this hotel to others who travel to dog-related events over the recommended places to stay listed on the premium.

Last stay received a shock when checking in that there was a $100 pet deposit (refundable after room inspection). Whereas it was refundable I wasn't worried but the website does not mention this fee. Unfrotunately they say that the fee isn't refundable for 3-4 days after the stay so that concerns me that it won't be refunded in full (although the room was impecable when we left). We have a reservation again this weekend (hopefully the same room) so I will update at that time.

Unfortunately there aren't any nearby restaurants - we like to return to the room and not go far to find a place to eat

Our other "complaint" was the noise of a little league team staying at the hotel and playing corn-hole in the hallways - the parents should have not allowed. Considered calling the front desk but it was quiet after 11pm

Room Tip: For dogs - ask for a room in the back - we had a great corner room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
I apologize for the shock of finding out about our pet deposit upon your arrival. This information is available on our website www.daysinn.com/pottstown (as well as other popular booking sites), however it is not very prominent, nor is it included directly in our room descriptions. I am hoping this will be addressed the next time our website is updated.

Our pet deposit is 100% refundable and should appear on your statement 3-5 business days after your departure. Exact timing depends on your banking facilities individual policies. I personally do not feel it should be an inconvenience to travel with your pets and will make adjustments to our policy as needed according to our guests' feedback.

Thank you for the positive review. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

610.327.3300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Carlisle, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Chirag We love what you did to the hotel. The place is very nice and clean. Nick took care of any requests we had. Still a good price. Staff is very friendly. This is still a great place to stay we will definately be back. we have stayed here off and on for 10 years
Have a great day Mike Sites

Room Tip: They are all good rooms but if you want to pay a little extra the rooms at the end of the hall are a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mr. Sites,

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments. We value your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to call or email me directly if I can be of any assistance.

thepottstowninn@gmail.com
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I came here worried that this place was going to be like all the rest of them in Pottstown....boy was I mistaken....this place was really nice!!!.....The staff was very courteous and friendly....the room itself was tight....clean.....everything in place.....the only reason I didnt give it 5 stars is because there really wasnt much selection as far as television channels were concerned....couldnt even get scy-fy.....i mean c'mon.......lol....but the price was great and I have to tell you it will be my place of choice from now on when I need a room in the Pottstown, Pa area!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great feedback. I will look into expanding our tv channel selection. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to arrange your next visit. I would enjoy meeting you the next time you are in town.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I do not understand all the good reviews on this hotel. The people were pleasant but the overall stay was poor... I had prompt and courteous check in... The rooms were average size..Cleanliness of rooms was just okay.. there were a few dirty areas in the room.. Bathrooms were tremendously small, hardly no room to move in, the tubs drain would not stay open, I had to use one of their small bars of soap to prop open the drain... The room to the door was very hard to latch shut, I had to make sure that I pulled hard to shut it as I was leaving the room or push it hard to shut it as I was in the room...This did not make me feel safe at all... The noise in the hotel was horrible.. I heard slamming of doors all night long, I could actually hear guests in the room beside me laugh, the walls were that thin PLUS I could hear the highway traffic all night, very hard to sleep with all the noise.. The comfort level of the beds was the worst ever I have stayed in a hotel....the mattresses were horribly thin and hardly no support at all.. I would have been more comfortable on an air mattress... I stayed for one night only.. I will not be returning to this place again or recommend this place to anyone..unless some serious upgrades are completed... They did have coffee available all night long in the lobby, and their continental breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, make your own waffles, a choice of two cereals, bagels and breads...

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel ask for the side not facing the highway
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your honest review. I wish I had known of your experience before you departed from our property. Please call me to further discuss these inconveniences.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stay at many hotels traveling with my small business and I have found this hotel to be the best value for your money.
From the hotel manager, Kelly, to the front desk associate, I was treated with respect and courtesy. Due to a small room problem I came in contact with the hotel manager, Kelly, who not only fixed the problem immediately, but she did so with a friendly, efficient manner.
This hotel offers every amenity that other more costly chains charge with a fraction of the cost.
I fully intend to recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and will stay here whenever I am in the area. Very convenient location and the price is right.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review and the compliments. I wish that everything could go smoothly for our guests 100% of the time, but that is just not possible. I am happy to know that when you did run into an issue we were able to not just make it right, but do so in a way that encouraged you to return. We look forward to seeing you during your future trips to the area.

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a nice place at a very reasonable price. The accommodations are comfortable if somewhat basic. Don't expect anything luxurious, but it was clean and a continental breakfast is provided which is comparable to any other hotel chain in the area. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location is very close to Philadelphia Outlets and King of Prussia Mall. The most surprising thing was the price. It is substantially less than other accommodations in the area. I would recommend booking through a travel service such as Expedia or Hotels.com as they may offer a discount on the already low rate.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, they will accommodate for an extra security deposit, but if not I would requ...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for the considerate review and for providing some valuable information to our future guests. We do offer handicap accessible rooms on our first floor. These rooms are also available through all internet websites including Expedia and Hotels.com. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to call anytime if I can be of further assistance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

When vacationing, I look for 4-star resorts. But when visiting family, I focus on the five C's: comfort, convenience, cleanliness, courtesy, and cost. Days Inn Pottstown hits the mark on all five. Before booking, I was concerned because the cost was significantly lower than the other comparable hotels in the area. But I needn't have worried. Convenient to Rts. 100 and 422, with free wireless, free continental breakfast, free parking, and a microwave and minifridge in the room, it met all my needs. Restaurants and shopping are close by. The staff was friendly and helpful. I've already booked my next stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DaysInnPottstown, General Manager at Days Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you. This is one of the nicest reviews I’ve read yet. You easily described the experience we are hoping to provide to all of our guests - “comfort, convenience, cleanliness, courtesy, and cost”. I hope to meet you and thank you in person during your next visit. Please call me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.
610.327.3300

Been to Days Inn Pottstown? Share your experiences!