“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   61 West King Street, Pottstown, PA 19464 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am so glad we stayed here on our way to a family reunion weekend. The hotel and staff were excellent. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was wonderful. Room was clean and housekeeping was prompt in responding to us for any extras that were needed. We left a good tip. I recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012
Alicia G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for such a rewarding review. Your kind words are most appreciated. So many many times we only hear the negative comments. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed the service and the amenities in the hotel. Our team and I appreiate your trueful review that recognizes all of our hard work, on a daily basis. Guests like you make our job a pleasure every day. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Many Thanks,
Alicia Ann Gillard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I looked up the prices on-line. Then called the hotel for rates. Both quoted 89.99 per night. I get there and this man named John behind the desk quoted a high price of 119.99+tax. Now this was not a weekend this was mid-week. The lot looked almost empty. I tell this John about my earlier quote. He tells me the price just went up but he could give me a break by taking 10% off. Suddenly, I find myself in a bidding war for a room at this shabby hotel. He refused to go lower then 99.99. This was Crazy. I walked away and ended up at The Comfort Inn a block away. I told them about my visit to the "Quality" and they laughed saying they hear lot of crazy stories about that place. They gave me a great deal with no HACKLING and had a much better experiance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alicia G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
“Hackling the price”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 NEW

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Value Service Was this review helpful? Yes Problem with this review?
Review violates guidelines

Review is suspicious

Review posted to wrong locationThank you. We appreciate your input.
Alicia Gillard, General Manager at Quality Inn Pottstown, responded to this review
August 16, 2012
I truly apologize for the inconvenience and confusion during your check in. Unfortunately, at times we do have our challenges regarding our rate center on line. We are currently working with a rate management company to ensure our productivity effectively. I have followed up with the front desk team regarding our oversights do not happen in the furture. However, our front desk clerk's are unable to reduce any price rate below 99.99 + tax without a manager's approval. I would of been happy to rectifiy the situation at the given time.

The Comfort Inn and The Quality Inn work under the same Choice properties umbrella. We have a very good relationship with the Comfort Inn & Suites. We also, continue to refer one other on a regulary basis.

We appreiate our guest's comments, only to strengthen our guest satisfaction.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The stay was ok...staff was very friendly and helpful...we had to be moved 3 times because the air conditioner didn't work..rooms were really small..tvs half worked..in need of an upgrade..rooms were pricey but not worth it at all

• Stayed July 2012
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Kristen,

Thank you, for taking the time to reveiw us on TripAdvisor.I am sorry you were inconvenienced by having to move three times.We strive to provide exceptional service along with incomparable comforts to our guests. However, at times we do have our challeges.Our internal rooms have been renovated back in 2011. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement.

We appreciate our guest's comments postive or negative to enhance our customer service and reputation.

Alicia A Gillard

Burkburnett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed one night here. The room was clean, comfortable and affordable. The free breakfast included scrambled eggs, various breads, yogurts, coffee and juices. Pool looked OK. Our only gripe was the bathroom (comode/shower/tub) was in need of renovation. Otherwise, the hotel was certainly a "returner".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you, so much for taking the time to reveiw our property. We take all guests comments both positive and negative seriously. We strive to be exceptional in all departments. We are headed in the right direction. I am glad to see that we have made some positive changes.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Alicia A. Gillard
stoneboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is an old Holiday Inn (stayed there in the 80’s), and the layout is much the same as it was back then. I have stayed there a couple of times since conversion and they have remodeled with paint, fixtures, and carpets. Can be a bit noisy but the AC unit typically makes enough white noise to drown out the party animals unless they are in the next room. Prices have increased dramatically since the big outlet mall went in a few miles away but still cheaper than the Comfort Inn (have stayed there a lot) AND the Comfort Inn has gone down hill a lot and appears just grubby. If you must stay in Pottstown, check out the Comfort but stay at the Quality if you’re into Choice brand hotels. One problem we had was the housekeeping staff seem to call off on a regular basis leaving folks shorthanded. Front desk staff friendly and try to cover but breakfast was canceled one day except for pastry and hard boiled eggs due to call off & one poor lady had to do clean the hotel as everyone else called off. She was a sweet heart and took care of a special request even if buried.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, for your kind words. We appreicate your trueful review that recognizes all of our hard work, on a daily basis. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with the Quality Inn & Suites. Guests like you make our job a pleasure every day.

I hope to see you again at the Quality Inn and Suites. Please let me know when you are in town again.

Alicia A Gillard
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a really nice stay! The pool was clean and cool. Special Thanks to Guest Services Jen and John with the quick check in/check out. And the woman that kept the breakfast area clean, well stocked and ready for us.I know dealing with the public can be a little difficult at times but they all did it with a smile! Thanks Quality Inn for having such a nice team and giving me a nice experience! I will definitely stay here again next year and refer my friends as well! Keep you the great job!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for such a rewarding review! We were pleased to read that you were made to feel welcome from the very first moment. Our front desk team were thrilled and excited to read your review. I am delighted to announce our new addition " Homemade Belgium Waffles " served with assorted fruit and whip cream. I welcome you back to sample our scumptious waffles next time you are in town.

I am proud of our hospitality team and rejuvenated from their energy. We try to create magic moments for all of our guests. There is no better motivator than the praise of a job well done!
Please stop by next time to say hello.

State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Tired old roadside inn, trying to hang on. Polite and friendly, attentive staff. Rooms open directly onto parking. Easy to hear parking lot conversations and music when trying to sleep. Some small patches of mildew in room, but it was physically clean. Good wifi. They rejected my debit card at check in, and told me it might be their system. I was able to find my bank on the other side of town and get cash. At the bank, they were shocked that it happened, but less so when I told them where. They said it's got to be the hotel system. VERY inconvenient and stressful after a long drive, and the hotel could do nothing. After driving around the downtown area I'm surprised there even is a hotel, so all things considered, it was an adventurous but okay stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Quality Inn and Suites.Please know that we take all feedback very seriously in all departments. While we appreiate your kind words regarding our staff. I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced with our check in system. I understand how frustrating this would be while traveling.We strive to anticipate your stated and unstated needs. Our system is not perfect and at times we do have our challenges at times.
Thank you for joining us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Alicia Ann Gillard

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!