“Good breakfast, quiet, clean room with dated bathroom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   61 West King Street, Pottstown, PA 19464 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Burkburnett, Texas
“Good breakfast, quiet, clean room with dated bathroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed one night here. The room was clean, comfortable and affordable. The free breakfast included scrambled eggs, various breads, yogurts, coffee and juices. Pool looked OK. Our only gripe was the bathroom (comode/shower/tub) was in need of renovation. Otherwise, the hotel was certainly a "returner".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you, so much for taking the time to reveiw our property. We take all guests comments both positive and negative seriously. We strive to be exceptional in all departments. We are headed in the right direction. I am glad to see that we have made some positive changes.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Alicia A. Gillard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
stoneboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is an old Holiday Inn (stayed there in the 80’s), and the layout is much the same as it was back then. I have stayed there a couple of times since conversion and they have remodeled with paint, fixtures, and carpets. Can be a bit noisy but the AC unit typically makes enough white noise to drown out the party animals unless they are in the next room. Prices have increased dramatically since the big outlet mall went in a few miles away but still cheaper than the Comfort Inn (have stayed there a lot) AND the Comfort Inn has gone down hill a lot and appears just grubby. If you must stay in Pottstown, check out the Comfort but stay at the Quality if you’re into Choice brand hotels. One problem we had was the housekeeping staff seem to call off on a regular basis leaving folks shorthanded. Front desk staff friendly and try to cover but breakfast was canceled one day except for pastry and hard boiled eggs due to call off & one poor lady had to do clean the hotel as everyone else called off. She was a sweet heart and took care of a special request even if buried.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, for your kind words. We appreicate your trueful review that recognizes all of our hard work, on a daily basis. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with the Quality Inn & Suites. Guests like you make our job a pleasure every day.

I hope to see you again at the Quality Inn and Suites. Please let me know when you are in town again.

Alicia A Gillard
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a really nice stay! The pool was clean and cool. Special Thanks to Guest Services Jen and John with the quick check in/check out. And the woman that kept the breakfast area clean, well stocked and ready for us.I know dealing with the public can be a little difficult at times but they all did it with a smile! Thanks Quality Inn for having such a nice team and giving me a nice experience! I will definitely stay here again next year and refer my friends as well! Keep you the great job!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you for such a rewarding review! We were pleased to read that you were made to feel welcome from the very first moment. Our front desk team were thrilled and excited to read your review. I am delighted to announce our new addition " Homemade Belgium Waffles " served with assorted fruit and whip cream. I welcome you back to sample our scumptious waffles next time you are in town.

I am proud of our hospitality team and rejuvenated from their energy. We try to create magic moments for all of our guests. There is no better motivator than the praise of a job well done!
Please stop by next time to say hello.

State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Tired old roadside inn, trying to hang on. Polite and friendly, attentive staff. Rooms open directly onto parking. Easy to hear parking lot conversations and music when trying to sleep. Some small patches of mildew in room, but it was physically clean. Good wifi. They rejected my debit card at check in, and told me it might be their system. I was able to find my bank on the other side of town and get cash. At the bank, they were shocked that it happened, but less so when I told them where. They said it's got to be the hotel system. VERY inconvenient and stressful after a long drive, and the hotel could do nothing. After driving around the downtown area I'm surprised there even is a hotel, so all things considered, it was an adventurous but okay stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Quality Inn and Suites.Please know that we take all feedback very seriously in all departments. While we appreiate your kind words regarding our staff. I am very sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced with our check in system. I understand how frustrating this would be while traveling.We strive to anticipate your stated and unstated needs. Our system is not perfect and at times we do have our challenges at times.
Thank you for joining us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Kane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

After reading the reviews, I was a little afraid, but once we checked in, we got a newly renovated room, with a microwave, and fridge, the TV was nice, and the check in staff was very very friendly. Even though there IS a bar at the hotel, it's only open a few nights a week, and we heard no noise from the bar, as it was opened one night during our stay. The breakfast was good, and the staff serving breakfast was very sweet. I considered knocking off a star, but only because my bf is 6'4" and had a difficult (but amusing ) time showering, it was kinda like a shower limbo! But that was my ONLY complaint, and it's not like we weren't able to shower, the shower was just small. The pool was nice, even though we didn't use it, we will stay here again when we go to Pottstown. Another reviewer said that the walls were thin, the only thing we heard from neighboring rooms was water running, so it wasn't a big deal! We had a good stay at the Quality Inn, and don't know why some other reviewers have to be so picky! Our room was clean, there was no noise from near by Route 100, Breakfast was good, The Staff was very friendly, we even took a few minutes to joke with the manager, the vending machines and ice machines seemed to be in working order, and the prices didn't seem too bad, but we paid with name your own price on priceline, so we were very very happy with our stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your glowing comments.We are pleased to read you enjoyed the services and amenities in our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with exceptional service and standards. It is guests like you that make our job fulfilling.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I paid way too much for that cheap motel!!! No wonder it was almost empty!!!

Here's some facts and pros and cons:

Pros: decent breakfast, good wifi Internet, nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave...

Cons: thin walls; we can hear neighbors so put the fan on all night or bring earplugs, room not clean with old carpet, bathroom need upgrade-cleaning-renovation, bad smell from fan and ac unit, uncomfortable bed, mildew or some kind of moisture in room giving headache and sneeze, motel room type : parking next to first floor rooms, room not well designed, hard to walk with chair that can't fit under the desk... Very bad area and very bad restaurant/bar next to hotel... Not a very safe area :-(

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I am very sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay with us. As far as our carpets, they are all brand new carpets put in all the rooms in the last year. We can not help if other guest are loud in their rooms. The hotel was built back in the 60's and I am sorry the room was not built the right way. No one has ever stated about the room or the desk and chair in the way. As far as the mildrew we change our filters ever month. Our bar/restaurant is a very quiet and small. As the general manager I can not help if you think the area is not a safe place. Police are always in our parking lot making arounds for us to keep everyone feel safe.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel seems great for the price I paid. The room has a somewhat of a moldy smell but nothing too bad.
The Renovation seems great, well I didn't see how it was before.
The TV doesn't get much channels which was somewhat of a bummer.
The pool is great by the way and 9 feet deep!
The complimentary breakfast is great, a lot of choices to choose from.
The fridge is great, plenty of space for food and beer, and a microwave to heat some snacks.
I didn't get any bad experience here, if I do comeback to Pottstown I stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you. The pleasure was all ours to be a able to host you. I am delighted you were able to enjoy are blissful pool. We have just included " Homemade Belgium Waffles" to our continental breakfast.
I encourage you the next time you are in town to stop by!

Alicia Ann Gillard

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!