“Food good but not the service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Food good but not the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

When we entered it seemed we waited way to long to be seated. The hot roast beef sandwich was enough for two people as we're the fries. My brother is a big eater but could not finish his steak sandwich. After we finished we had to track down the server to get our bill. It just isn't what it could be.

• Visited August 2013

Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Quaint little place with good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Been wanting to try this place for awhile, heard many good things from friends. On a whim we decided to stop in. It's very easy to get to off of the highway- parking is limited. I was a little concerned at first, my initial feeling of the atmosphere was uncomfortable. Walked in through the bar and got the "you don't belong 'round these parts" look. We were seated rather quickly (330 on a sunday afternoon) and our waitress was right to us getting our drinks. Once we were settled in it felt much more comfortable. The dining room is small and kind of tight, but the food is def worth it! The prices are a little on the higher side but the portion size is at least worth it! You should not be leaving here hungry. Our waitress was very attentive and fast. Actually, the entire time we were there all of the staff was constanty moving - they seemed very on top of things. I would recommend a visit here, especially if you are looking for a local place to eat! We will be back for sure.

• Visited June 2013
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Decent food, dismal service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I heard this was a great place to go for steaks, so we made reservations. We went with another couple on a cold Saturday night in February. Upon entering the premises (bar area) and after waiting for several minutes, no one greeted us. We thought we would take a peek in the dining room and see what the protocol was here. As soon as we stepped into the dining area, a man at the bar turned around and gruffly said, "Just wait here, they'll be with ya!" Then, they seated us exactly in front of the door the servers use to go in/out of the kitchen. Needless to say, we wanted a different table. It was extremely cold inside and when my friend asked why it was so cold, a rude server abruptly replied, "What do you expect, it's an old building!" and walked away annoyed. Hence, the "dismal" portion of the title. Now--on to the food...everyone in our group ordered steaks. Honestly, they were delicious. Nice and juicy! Done just right. All of the sides were quite bland, though. My mixed vegetables du jour looked like overcooked mush from a can. Bleh! We usually enjoy relaxing and dining with our friends, but the good news here was that it didn't take long and we couldn't wait to put on our coats and get out of there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Food, Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently visited the Port Clinton with several friends. I was excited to partake in the awesome food I had heard all about from friends that had attended previously. However I just couldn't get past the terrible service I received once in the restaurant. To start we made our way to the bar, which seemed nice enough. However the bartender was a miserable guy not very eager to wait on us at all. In fact from the moment we walked in it seemed like we were just in the way. The bartender even told my friend to move from her seat at the end of the bar telling her, "Honey you will just be in the way" eventually when he had a break he came and sat at the seat he had her move from so he could watch a little TV! Once we sat down we were "greeted" by our waitress. We were actually greeted she basically read us a list of specials and took our drinks orders. However the way she talked to us as a table (I might say we were a table of 8) was as if we needed to make sure we followed her rules or we would be in trouble. I felt like I had done something wrong before I even ordered my first beer. Our drinks came, and she brought the wrong drink to me. Everyone else's order was correct. I was already nervous because of how she treated us from the start so I just stayed quiet and drank what she brought me. Eventually she took our food order. I am a waitress and I know what its like to take an order from a large table however all of my friend were very straight forward and articulate about what they wanted when they ordered. Nonetheless when the food came out, she didn't remember what any of us ordered and must have relayed the info to the kitchen incorrectly because several people in our group had to wait approx. an extra 10 minutes for their food while the rest of us had our meals. I was extremely disappointed with the way I was treated at Port Clinton, it was a little busy but our waitress failed a couple times to ask about drinks. I had to go to the bar to get my own, I didnt want to get the wrong drink again. The only plus side the food was pretty good. I definitely will say that for the kitchen! Our waitress lacked professionalism and the ability to accurately take our orders along with the fact that she was incredibly abrupt lack any pleasantness to her demeanor (If you ever get Gloria as your waitress I recommend asking for another person)

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Ya gotta love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Huge cheese steaks, one order of fries is enough keep the state of Maine solvent for years! It's just a bar on Rt 61, but you must wait for a seat if you get there late for dinner. Everybody is local, and the always come back. Enough said.

• Visited October 2012