“Pleasant enough, but not to my expectations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Allegany
The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast
You added The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
115 E. Maple Street, One block off Route 6, Port Allegany, PA 16743   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Anderson, Indiana
“Pleasant enough, but not to my expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I always hesitate to write a less than stellar review, so keep in mind that my standards are high as are my expectations.

First the positive: I stayed for one night and making reservations was easy and the owners communicated well. It was easy to find and very convenient for the trip I was taking. The room was clean and comfortable and the facilities had nice sitting porches.

However, now the other side: For the money, I was expecting more from the stay. With everything included, it was $118 a night. My room was not in the actual main B&B home - but a short walk away down the block on the corner. This I did not care for. Perhaps I missed someplace in the listing where I would have had that information. Both properties were older style with what I would call "homey" decor. The flooring, the furniture, seating etc, were all sort of second hand store looking to me. They had a few nicer pieces, but overall, there just wasn't a sense of any pampering or luxury - more like Grandmas house. The bath in my room was very small. No counter space for toiletries and the shower was a little claustraphobic. But it all operated fine and was very clean.

On the day I stayed, it was rather warm for fall and the room was just a bit stuffy. There was no A/C (I saw a window unit in the closet so I'm assuming that goes in during the summer) so I had the windows open which was not very peaceful.

The Internet was not working in my room. Also, I use ATT for cell service and there was no service at all ....although the owners did forewarn me about that. Since I had no Internet AND no phone, I had to walk down to the main house to ask about the Internet. He said he knew it wasn't working. If I had known this in advance I would have made other plans or perhaps asked for a room in the main house. As it was, some work I had planned on doing had to wait.

Breakfast the next morning was three apple-cinnamon pancakes and sausage links along with juices, coffee etc. Hardboiled eggs and muffins were also available. Not bad, but certainly not above average.

The town itself seemed to have little to offer. I had some late dinner at a pizza place around the corner because they had wifi. It was pretty tasty.

I passed several cute looking motels along the way which probably would have been a better value for the money. I am willing to pay the extra for a bit of a splurge, but this was just average at best.

Room Tip: You might want to make sure you know if the room you request is in the main house or the "annex...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MapleStreetBnB, Owner at The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We're pleased we were able to accommodate you for the room that you personally chose. The location is our pet-free area and at the corner of the block. With your photographer's eye you did notice all of our second and third generations furniture. We even have a few pieces from my great-grandmother! Also we appreciated your offer of services but as we explained before we had decided to pass.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our second time in a B & B. we loved every minute of our stay. Breakfast was very good. Nice room, very clean. Even our dog got a goody bag. The bed was comfortable. The innkeepers were very friendly. Would recommend the Inn On Maple Street to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliments. We're glad we met your expectations in comfort and good food. Our pet visitors are always met with a Welcome Goodie Bag when they check in. We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Best business trip accommodations I've had in years. I felt welcome at the start to the family style Inn & never started my day without a smile and breakfast despite the early hour. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2012
We understand how traveling for business can be exhausting. Our business guests know we want them relaxed and refreshed to face the challenges of their day. We're looking forward to your return. Thank you!
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was our first time at a B&B. The charming house and in keepers made for a perfect stay and a good nights sleep. The breakfast was fantastic, more than we expected. We would definitely stay at The Inn on Maple Street the next time we travel to Port Allegany.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
It is so great to hear from our first-time-B&B guests that they enjoyed everything. We want to make your stay with us so good that you'll be spoiled and want to come back again and again! Thanks for the compliments.
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A very pleasant stay in all regards! The Inn was very clean with a comfortable room with nice amenities. The breakfast was terrific and Share and Jay are super friendly and gracious innkeepers! If ever in their area again, we would definitely rebook. Even our black lab was treated as a VIP.

Whitey Buesing
Center Valley, Pa

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
All of our guests are very important to us so we're glad you got the VIP treatment! Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We're looking forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a great bed and breakfast, they do a great job updating without losing the charm of the house. We are already booked for year. Take a path less traveled and enjoy relaxation in Port Allegany, PA.

• Stayed September 2013
We're so glad you reserved your stay a year in advance. The word is out about us and more of our return guests are doing the same thing. It ensures everyone they can get exactly what they want (since each guest room is different). Of course the breakfasts are always different too so I hope we can surprise you with some new recipes! See you again and thanks!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was our first stay in a B&B, and it couldn't have been a better experience. Jay and Sharen made us feel very comfortable. The rooms were clean and stocked with everything we needed and much more. Tucker happily greeted us everyday, which helped fill the void of missing our own dogs back home. Breakfast was amazing and we can't wait to visit again when we are in in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucker is our best greeter at the door and enjoys all the extra ear rubs he can get! We hope you can join us again and spend a little more time to enjoy the area. Thank you!

Been to The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!