“good time good deal...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Bucks County River Country, Inc. "The World's Tubing Capital", has been in operation since 1967 offering Awesome family fun adventures on the Delaware river renting Kayaks, Canoes, Tubes, and rafts to the General public, and Groups. Led by charismatic "RiverDan" (Daniel Breen), River Country has 1 main goal, Offer a great family fun that is affordable on the most historic river in the US. RC offers affordable trips for all ages, and is extremely family friendly. Offering 6 different styles of Kayaks and 8 different types of Tubes (not the old fashioned inner tubes), Rafts and the ever classic "Old Town" canoes, there is a little something here for everyone seeking the peace and beauty of the beautiful Bucks County scenery. There is a full service cafe that is run by Culinary instructors. so there is plenty of good eats! We are OPEN from Mid May, to October 26th! The fall foliage is AMAZING!
NY
16 attraction reviews
“good time good deal...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

we had a great time ...we got on Groupon two for 22....nice ....the facilities the porto-potties were not very clean ...and the young kids running the operation are running around smoking not so cool ....bring your own string to tie the tubes together because they charge you 2$ ...They drop you off up river and the end is at their location...very nice and convenience...but if you go with kids make sure you know nobody helps you getting into the river or out of the river ...you are on your own .....we had a great day ....

oakleafmold
4 attraction reviews
“Had A Great Time After All--We'll Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've wanted to visit the Delaware River for a while and finally got the chance. We very nearly booked with a competitor across the river in NJ, but found this place instead and I'm sure glad that we did.

It didn't look good at first. It rained all morning on the way in, and the air temperature was only about 75 degrees, and when we got there the first thing we saw is that they charge extra to park, which made me grumpy and paying almost $90 for four tickets. It seems kind of petty to tack on a parking fee, especially on an overcast day with rain in the forecast.

The young people working here turned things around swiftly. When I balked on paying to park up front, the lot attendant invited me to go ahead and park, then come back and pay if we decided to stay. Wow! At the registration, we discovered that I'd clicked the wrong tab and ordered reserve tickets for the next day, not the day I was there, but the girls at the desk quickly fixed me up, offered advice on how the weather looked, and never pressured us to go. Their good attitudes and helpfulness got us in the right frame of mind, so we went for it.

Happy employees are usually the mark of a good company.

We picked our tubes--I appreciated the XL size that hold hundreds of pounds. I'm a big man, but could sit in these like you mortals sit in your normal tubes.

The trips come in 2, 3, and 4 hour tours--all cost the same, it's a matter of how far upstream you let the bus take you before you put in the river. We chose the 3 hour trip, because of the weather. Should have taken the 4 hour trip, it was so nice. It goes fast, too. On a hot day it would have been bliss. As it was, we had a fantastic time and already plan to return with more relatives.

As a final note, do not confuse this outfitter with the other one. We talked to some people later in the day who made the same complaints I see on this site--and that muddy slope at the take-out is a real widow-maker. We had a nice picnic before we left and a snack when we were done. Who needs a free hot dog?

Livingston, New Jersey, United States
“Great Operation and Amazing Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went tubing with the whole family on Friday and it was not crowded at all. The parking lot is very close to the changing rooms, porto-potties, restaurant and area where you pay. We walked right up to the counter, paid and got our tubes and the kids were hanging out with River Dan!! 15 minutes later we were on the bus to the 3 hour drop off point. Easy entry down the stairs into the Delaware River and the rest was a great ride down it. There are some slow parts, fast parts and small rapids. At the end of the ride there is a rock beach which makes it very easy get out and then carry the tubes to the return location. I would highly recommend River Country to anyone who is planning on tubing down the river!!

Belleville, New Jersey, United States
“Don't bother even thinking of going to the other outfitter, This is the better choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was contemplating going to the "hotdog man" outfitter because that was all that came up when i Google tubing on the Delaware. Very glad I chose River country instead. No hidden fees, and no disappointments.

My son (7 years old) and I started by parking the truck, which cost $6 and I was well aware beforehand. We had already printed out our liability waivers from the website. I had printed coupons but choose not to use them because once my son seen the tubes, we both wanted the deluxe tubes. It cost us $50 for both tubes since no discounts applied, which I was also well aware of before the trip. We waited about 5 minutes to pay, not bad at all. I also added the meal deal to our outing. This was a great deal for $4 you get 2 hotdogs or a cheeseburger, bag of chips, and a soft drink. The food was great, I was very surprised, cheeseburger was juicy, and not the hockey-puck I was expecting. I also bought a BBQ pork sandwich which was very good also.
I waited about 30 seconds to board the bus that was waiting to take us up river. We chose the 4 hour trip. The whole day was pretty straight forward; you get on the bus, they drop you off, you float down river, you get out and drive home. There isn't much to say about the floating, there are a few sections that my son liked that had some very small rapids. We stayed to the left on one of the islands and got some real good rapids going back into the main river. I would suggest bringing some cash because there was somebody selling food in the middle of the river, but I heard that the food was pretty bad from a few people I talked to. This was the "hotdog man" from the other outfitter. I was glad I waited to get my food from River Country. As we walked up to the landing site of Bucks County River Country, there was a nice beach area with sand to eat your food. it was a very smooth process getting out of the water. I also witnessed the nightmare people were having across the river with the other outfitter falling down the muddy hill. My son said to me "daddy I'm sure glad we didn't have to try and climb that hill, look at all the people falling down". I too was very glad we choose River Country.

After we ate our meal, I met with the owner (River Dan) and he was very nice and asked my son how he liked the trip, and although my son was being a little shy he opened right up to Dan and told him we had a great time. I will be returning to River Country for all my tubing trips in the future. It was a great day, priced right, and there was no disappointments. They had a clean changing area, very clean area to eat your meal with picnic tables in the sand, My son and I really enjoyed ourselves with the help of BCRC.

The whole day with parking, food and the deluxe tubes came to $64 for the both of us. We could have saved alot by using a standard tube, but the deluxe tubes are very nice since they have a bottom and that was very convenient for my son and I so we could just chill down the river.

Thanks River Dan, YOU ARE THE MAN!

nj
“tubing down the delaware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

disliked that there was no onemonitoring the waters. 6 of us took the 4 hr trip down . The bus leaves u off at the top and then bye-bye..My friend got in the water and his tube deflated. had to ask a stranger to call down and have them bring us another tube..15 min later....

Visited August 2013

Been to Bucks County River Country? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bucks County River Country, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.