“Would not return” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Pocono Manor

You added The Inn at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
The Inn at Pocono Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Manor Drive, Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (Formerly Pocono Manor Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocono Manor
massanutten,va
“Would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

The hotel room was drab, with a soiled beadspread. The lighting was dim and there was no information in the room about the amenities offered. The food was OK. The hotel caters to golfers and many talked and yelled loudly into the early morning hours,i.e. 3:30 AM. We could hear noises from other rooms as well. We would not go back

• Liked — the lobby
  • Disliked — The room and the noise at night which the hotel allows
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

I had the most amazing weekend at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I decided to throw my best girlfriends’ bachelorette party at the Inn with seven of her closest girlfriends -- it seemed like a great meeting spot; conveniently located to most of the Northeast. My first experience at the Inn was when I was a teenager – we had a family gathering – this was before the magnificent SPA!! I really didn’t have any recollection regarding the grounds but upon my arrival this time around I was blown away with the facilities and activities the Inn offers. Everything exceeded my expectations. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful making our girls’ week a success!!! I had such a great time that I decided that before the weather changes I will run away for another weekend at the Inn but this time take my boyfriend -- I only had time for nine holes of golf this past weekend so I’m looking forward to getting back out on those amazing golf courses!!

• Liked — SPA
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

We arrived at the Pocono Manor Inn on Saturday 8/30/2008. We were greeted by the same inexperienced desk clerk I spoke with on the phone to make the reservation. She had a perplexed look on her face, kept biting her lip and repeating "this can't be right". After hearing her say this 3 times we inquired what was wrong, her response..."oh nothing". She then asked one of her co-workers to come and assist her since she was having trouble. This able clerk, Lana, came and assured us all was ok and told Rachel to go and get us keys to our room. She came back with the keys to a room in the Laurel Bldg and directed us how to get there. We left the main lobby, which desperatley needs updating and general cleaning at the very least to find our room which was across the parking lot, up a long flight of outside steps to a bldg with no elevators and another two flights of steps. We arrived to our room, panting and out of breath only to find that our electronic keys did not work. Back to the main desk, they accused us of having put the keys near our cell phones and demagnetising them (they never left our hand). Back to the room again, only to find they didn't work again. This time I called down to the lobby and told them to come with new keys. They sent someone from maintenance to open the door and he had to use a master key to get us in and promised to return with working keys. He let us into the room, which smelled horrible according to the maintenance worker because it was over the spa and the steam caused the room to smell. He offered to Febreeze the room which we accepted. He came back with working keys, we decided to walk around the property and see the hotel. When we returned to our room, keys didn't work again. This happened 6 times before I complained so much they changed our room. We were moved to a room in the main bldg which was very old and in desperate need of renovation and cleaning. The a/c made so much noise we had to turn it off. The TV remote was so dirty I had to clean it before using it. This room was located directly outside the elevator and that noise rattled all through the night. In the morning we went to the buffet which I had paid $10.00 p/p for, I should have skipped it and went to a diner, the food quality was awful. We left breakfast and headed to the Rod and Gun club which is what attracted us to the resort in the first place. We were early and they were able to accomodate us right away. We soon learned why, the sporting clay course was terrible, the stations were poorly maintained, with many not working at all, the trail to get to the course was like an untraveled road that we had to navigate in a golf cart! We finished shooting, cancelled our scheduled time for the next day, went back to the hotel and requested to be able to leave because we were so unhappy and they allowed us to no problem, the clerk apologized saying she knew the place needed renovation and understood completely! I highly recommend NOT ever staying here!

• Liked — leaving the place
  • Disliked — how dirty the hotel and surrounding buildings were
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Liverpool, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed at the Inn for two nights in August for my husband's birthday. We were wowed by the massive size of the structure upon driving up to the Inn and as we entered the lobby, we got the feeling of being transported to another era. There is a sign in the foyer indicating that the property is on the National Register of Historical Places. The lobby itself is just huge and so comfortable. We had a 5th floor mountainview room with a sweeping view of the pocono mountains. I really enjoyed the ambiance of an elegant and historical property. Every staff person we ran into was polite and helpful. We enjoyed having drinks in the Lamplighter bar, and free Starbucks coffee in the morning. We booked massages at the Laurel Spa which can only be described as heavenly. The Spa is lovely, soothing, and smells like peppermint and lavendar! It was a wonderful mini-vacation and we very much enjoyed ourselves at the Inn. I recommend the Inn at Pocono Manor to anyone who enjoys visiting historical properties and especially recommend booking a mountainview room.

• Liked — The fact that it is a historical landmark
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Reno, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

The facility is tired and although it has great potential the proper updates are not being done. Rooms are small - one person width between end of bed and TV cabinet. Bathrooms are even smaller with low ceilings and green linoleum floors. Many water stains in ceiling tiles. Touch up painting does not match original paint color. Some rooms still decorated with furniture from the 60's. Rooms are not equipped with hair dryers or irons. You must ask for items at the front desk because the hotel is not wired properly. Our hair dryer caught fire a few seconds after being plugged in!!! Staff is also very tired of continually dealing with guest complaints. We do not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The game room next to the bar.
  • Disliked — The misrepresentation of ameneties and room quality on their website.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

The Inn at Pocono Manor had the most amazing service!! Our room was beautiful and provided the most amazing view of the mountains. The room was bright, clean and best of all quiet, which is exactly what I was looking for this vacation. The service is what really impressed me and there is nothing better then being on vacation and receiving such excellent service.

• Liked — The Service provided by the staff
  • Disliked — The suite I was in had a beautiful shower, however no tub.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this venue for 2 nights in July to attend an event. The location is lovely and easy to get to, but, as I stated above, the rooms are just ok. By ok, I mean average. The accommodations are sufficient. The food is satisfactory, but not outstanding and the spa is passable. I cannot say that I was overly impressed with the hotel. Save your money and stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The hotel rooms; the food.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Inn at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!