“Nice Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Pocono Manor

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
The Inn at Pocono Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Manor Drive, Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (Formerly Pocono Manor Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Pocono Manor
Suffern, New York
“Nice Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We booked our stay here after reading some reviews of resorts in the Poconos and were specifically looking for one that offered prenatal massages. We didn't feel the rooms were very pricey. We arrived late Friday night and it was a bit hard to find the property as it was rainy and VERY foggy. I was surprised that their main sign out on the main road was not lit up as it was extremely hard to determine where to make our turn onto manor road. Check-in was easy and we were very pleased with our room. We were provided with a room in the tower that had windows on 2 sides of the room....AMAZING view. We were also happy with the size of the room, the gigantic closet, comfortable bed and the rest of the room decoration. The room was extremely hot though...the thermostat read at 80 degrees. We tried putting on the air conditioner but it just made the room hotter. We called the front desk, they told us the air had not been turned on yet as it was still cool at night and that maintenance would come up. Maintenance suggested we turn off the system completely, turn on the (very nice) ceiling fan and open up the windows for a nice cross breeze.....it worked! Just glad the hotel had windows that actually opened..most don't.
The next day we enjoyed brunch down in the restaurant and we were very happy with the quality & selection of the food for the price ($13pp). Later that day I went for my massage and manicure at the Laurel Spa...highly recommended!! My husband stayed in the room. Later in the afternoon we were leaving to check out some places in town and stopped at the front desk to let them know we were leaving and that we'd like our room made up. They assured this would be done....we were gone for 4 hours....the room was not made up when we returned. We contacted the front desk and all we got was an apology. Otherwise the rest of our stay was nice & uneventful. When we checked out, we were told that we were charged $10/day for the refrigerator we asked to have in the room for medical purposes....the fee for having a fridge was NEVER brought up when I made the reservation or when we checked-in...so this was a surprise cost that we weren't happy with.
Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay and have discussed visiting again at some point.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view room if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your review! I agree that we offer very good value for the price. I’m sorry about the fog and the rain. Our mountain-top location can provide for some interesting weather. On the other hand as you noted, you are rewarded with exceptional views by being on top of the mountain. I will review with our front office & reservation team our policy on in-room refrigerators and how we offer them to our guest’s. Good luck with the birth of your child and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back here in the near future.

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Visit this beautifull hotel for a Church Retreat and had an amazing time. The beds are very comfortable and temperature in our room was perfect and easy to control. I know other floors had some heat issues but that didn't affect us. The Front Desck Staff was very helpful at check and attentive at the Retreat Dinner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a nice review. I do agree! We provide the perfect setting for a church retreat or any other type of social or business gathering. It is amazing how many comments we get from guest’s who want to know where they can purchase one of our comfy beds. We are sorry for the inconsistency your group experienced with the heating system. We are currently in the midst of a $1 million HVAC upgrade which will be completed very soon. We look forward to having you and your group back next spring.
Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our first visit was for pleasure; a long weekend away. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and professional. I cannot say enough about the service in the restaurants. Sunday brunch is excellent. Food was beautifully presented, fresh and hot. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays and we enjoyed the fireplaces, pool, and ping pong.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the terrific review. It’s true, whether you are here for pleasure or business; we provide a beautiful property, delicious food, lots of amenities & activities along with a great staff. We work very hard as a team to ensure that we not only meet our guest’s expectations but that we exceed them. We’re glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit.
Westtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were impressed by the hotel and found the staff very pleasant. It was exactly what we were looking for, a quiet get away in the mountains. Unfortunately it was raining during our stay so we could not enjoy much of the grounds but we would love to bring our children back in the nicer weather. I especially loved the time period decor and cozy fireplace.We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for the very nice review. With so many out-door activities is was unfortunate that with all the rain you weren’t able to enjoy them. We are very happy with our recent renovations to the lobby, all the public space and guest rooms. I’m glad you enjoyed them. Hopefully when you return with your children the weather will cooperate and you and your family will be able to enjoy all of our out-door activities.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

It was a last minute plan to stay here with my gf for her birthday. I wanted to get her a relaxing massage, she has been dying to go horseback riding and have a weekend getaway. This place had everything. The Inn had gorgeous views of the mountains and was in a quiet area. Both restaurants were excellent and the drinks were made spot on (I enjoyed many martinis). The massage was excellent and relaxing indeed. Most fun I had was the horseback riding. The riding itself was awesome but the best part was hanging around the stable before the ride, petting different animals (goats, cats, rabbits, horses and a pony). I loved chatting with all the people at the stable as they were extremely friendly and welcoming. Thats not to take away from the staff bc all of them were great. The upscale restaurant even sang happy birthday to my gf, which was a surprise to her. All in all it was a great experience and I would like to come back in the warmer months to see what else there is to offer. Maybe a horse back ride by their waterfalls. Only bad experience I had was getting a flat tire due to a HUGE crater of a pothole. I didn't have a spare and EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday in Mount Pocono. But even that didn't ruin the excellent time I had.
Note: The Inn is a historic building so do not expect to have really upscale 5 star rooms. I certainly didn't but I've seen some complaints about the decor and such. The bed was comfy, everything was clean and ac/heat worked just fine. With so much to do there, why would you need to be in the room anyway lol

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the terrific review and I’m very sorry about the flat tire. As soon as the snow melted we were out patching what seemed to be a thousand pot holes. My guess would be that we haven’t had that many pot holes to fill since we had dirt roads around here. I’m glad you enjoyed our restaurants, spa, horseback riding and everything in-between. We look forward to seeing you here this summer.
Astoria, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Traveled the weekend of March 28 with 40 college students for a leadership retreat. The staff at the Inn were very nice and accommodating. The rooms were comfortable but could use a bit of sprucing up. As we were a large group we ate all meals in the buffet restaurant. The food was plentiful but some dishes did lack seasoning. The brownies and cheesecake were a big hit. My one regret was the weather. The rain kept us all indoors and we did not get a chance to experience the property at all. Beware of hidden costs. Students wanted to play basketball and were told it was a $10 per person charge, a game of pool $1 a game. Maybe I am wrong but to charge $10 a person for a basketball seems very high.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. I do remember your group and we were very excited that you chose us again for your weekend leadership retreat. We do offer so much out-door recreation options that it is a shame you could not enjoy some of them. I am surprised that our food was not seasoned to your taste. Normally we get good feedback on our buffets. I will definitely look into what and how your buffets were done. A dollar for a game of pool these days is the average rate unless it’s free. Also with so few in-door basketball court options available, in our area, that is the typical fee they are able to charge. The next time you and your fellow students decide to come back, if given enough time, we can work out a group discount for you.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel has so much to do on property. I will be coming back to use the beautiful pool this summer and want to ride horses at the stables. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are cozy and the convenience of the bar & restaurant make dining extremely pleasurable. The Crossing's Outlet is very close. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I’m excited by your terrific review. Our staff continuously works hard to provide outstanding guest experiences. It’s always much appreciated when our guests take the time to comment so positivley. Thank you and we look forward to your return trip this summer.

Been to The Inn at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!