“Great weekend!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Pocono Manor

You added The Inn at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
The Inn at Pocono Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Manor Drive, Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (Formerly Pocono Manor Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Suitland, Maryland
“Great weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I came for our 12 year wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day (Fri & Sat), stayed 2 nights. The Inn had received a ton of snow before we came and more on our first night. They did a great job keeping the parking lot plowed as much as they could since it snowed almost non-stop on Sat. The parking really wasn't an issue for me since w/any hotel on a holiday weekend the early parkers get the closest spots.

Being a young couple from Maryland and the city I wasn't really sure what to expect. I really loved the old charm of the Inn and it was beautifuly kept up. I also loved seeing the dogs in the lobby area and through out the hotel. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a beautiful view! We had a 3 course meal included w/our room for both nights and the food was very good and fresh! The breakfast buffet was great as well, and I am a picky eater on a diet!

I do have to say we had an issue w/our room not having heat the first night. When I called the desk they brought a space heater up which helped out and it really wasn't a big deal since we were at the bar until late (Great bar too!)
The next morning on the other hand moving about the room and trying to shower, it was just too cold to do that comfortably so I called the desk and asked to be moved. We were able to get another room but lost our view which I didn't mind since the new room was warm and just as comfortable.

We had a great time dog sledding and snow tubing on Camelback. Already planning a fall trip back to the Inn. It's so beautiful and quiet I can't wait to see it in the fall.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Congratulations on your 12 years of marriage! We have had a lot of snow this year and thank you for commenting on the terrific job our snow removal crew does. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience staying with us and taking advantage of the winter recreation we have here in the Poconos. I do apologize for the heating issues and we are in the process of replacing all our HVAC units this year and expect that to be completed by years end. We look forward to your return visit this fall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We planned our trip to Camelback and needed a place to stay. On a whim we picked this place. Very nice! Dog Sledding was awesome. Staff very friendly. Room was very comfortable. Pull out bed was too! We added the breakfast to our stay and it was excellent. Well worth it. The Inn is very large and covers a lot of grounds. I wish I could return in the spring/summer to do more activities. Just needs some activities at night for the kids besides the indoor pool, but we were so tired from the great skiing that we didn't have time to do much more than watch TV and fall asleep. They need to fix the issue of having to agree to the WiFi every time you move around the Inn, but that was not a deal-breaker, just a pain in the neck.

We will certainly return as my kids want to make this an annual trip!

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor so it was a bit noisy when we went to sleep and got up, but it wasn't...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the winter activities that we have to offer! I will explore some options for nightly winter activities. I will also mention your Wi-Fi concern to our Director of IT. I hope you can return next season to partake in some of the numerous other activities we have to offer!
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Liked how our room had two full baths. Everything was clean. Exchange restaurant was good; so was breakfast buffet. Interesting place. The kids loved it although I wish they would have had some more younger kid friendly games in arcade. Prices were good. We will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. I’m pleased to hear that we had the ability to make your family comfortable for the duration of your stay. I do hope to hear of any future experiences you may have with us!
Belleville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here this past weekend with my boyfriend (and dog!) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel provided my pup, Mr. Bigg, with a complimentary doggy bag that included treats, a food bowl, a new toy, and doggy bags. I don't like using one bowl for his food and water so the guy at the front desk was nice enough to give me an extra one. They could have stopped the great service right there and my weekend would have been made. But of course they didn't ;-). We went to the hotel lounge 2 nights in a row - loved the DJ and the bartenders (the were very friendly and offered great service). I especially liked that the manager was at the lounge late on Saturday to ensure everyone was having a good time. Then came the complimentary shuttle to the casino - a win!! Do I need to go on? The breakfast, free coffee, snowmobiling, everything was GREAT! The only 2 things I will say was that I was bummed I couldn't make it to the spa. You have to book early in advance, lesson learned. Oh and when the heat kicks on, it can be kind of noisy. But My boyfriend and I were so tired that we fell asleep soon after it came on. Can't wait to book our trip back for the summer! Thanks for the great hospitality.

• Stayed February 2014
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments! I’m extremely happy to hear that you were able to have such a wonderful time! I will pass all of your comments on to our staff and I can assure you that we will continue to provide exceptional hospitality to each and every one of our guests!
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had a room here for a ski weekend with my friends. Our room was adjacent to the main lobby building and we had to walk outside to get to it. Apprarently, if you do not want an upgrade with a mountain view, this is where they stick you.
We paid close to $200 for our room, and once we got in, we realized it looked worse than a $65 room at the Holiday Inn. The room was probably last updated in the 1950’s. We literally had an old style TV, no flat screen, with chipped wooden furniture. Our shower was a stall with a curtain around it. Much like the showers at my gym. We also had no WIFI signal in our room. This was clearly not a room worth almost $200! I called the front desk to complain about the lack of WIFI (they said its there, just slow) as well as the gross showers and overall condition of the room. The front desk told me that the main building was recently renovated, and hence about $20 more per room, and ours was not a renovated unit. I left my room, walked across the outdoor walkway to the front desk and told them that I don’t mind paying $200 for a room, but don’t put me in a $60 Comfort Inn room. I refused to pay full price for our room. The management finally gave me a discount but I was really bothered that they even had the nerve to have such rooms on their premises, especially when their prices were so high! You are better off staying at a holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, or some other economy level hotel – you will have the same rooms!

....just look at my picutres and tell me if it's worth the price!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write your review. I am sorry your accommodations did not meet your standards on this particular weekend. You are correct in that we offer 192 recently renovated guest rooms in the main Inn but we also offer accommodations adjacent to the main building as well. Those guest rooms are located either in the Laurel or Spruce buildings. They have not recently been renovated but they are clean and comfortable. February is a very busy time here and once we sell out the main inn we then offer the remaining rooms at a discount. Our standard practice is to inform prospective guests that the only remaining guest rooms are not in the main inn and that they have not been recently renovated. I’m not sure how the booking process went for you but if you would like to call me to further discuss I would be happy to hear from you. I do hope had a wonderful time skiing.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband, my two children (12 and 14) and I stayed at this historic inn this past weekend and had a good time. I was really worried when we arrived because the front desk staff advised me that I actually reserved the room for the following weekend! Tracy was very nice and found a cancellation so we grabbed another room. We had an ok room, though very small for four people. The pillows and beds were comfy and clean. Bathroom was somewhat worn (rusty drain dusty corners but generally clean). The best part was the morning breakfast buffet. The food was so delish, abundant and well organized! Beautiful fire places and leather furniture in common areas on the Terrace level with views to the mountains. You must visit the Terrace area! We didn't notice it until we were leaving. Overall, great place to stay with family and friends. It's not modern but its beautifully done.

Room Tip: Make sure you try the breakfast buffet! Check out the Terrace level as soon as you arrive for beaut...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I appreciate your recent review. It is good to hear that our Front Desk staff was able to assist with the date discrepancy. It also seems as though our Food and Beverage operation was a highlight of your stay as well. I will reinforce to them that they are doing great work. I hope to hear of any future experiences you may have with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor!
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend with a group of friends and had a great time. The hotel was immaculately clean, the staff was all friendly and we really enjoyed. i had a room with a parlor which was so comfortable and spacious i recommend it to everyone (if it's in your budget). the staff always greeted us when they passed by in the hallway and housekeeping did a superb job keeping our room clean and fresh.
i will definitely be back, this beats any big name corporate place.

Room Tip: upper floor back has great views and is quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. We do everything we can to ensure each and every guest an exceptional stay. Thank you for noticing the TEAM effort! We will continue to offer the most exceptional hospitality to all of our guests. I hope you can return during other times of year to enjoy some of the activities that we have to offer on property!

Been to The Inn at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!