“Charming Old Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Pocono Manor

You added The Inn at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
The Inn at Pocono Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Manor Drive, Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (Formerly Pocono Manor Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Elgin, Illinois
“Charming Old Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this Inn and found it charming. Its old so if older/historic is not your thing don't stay here. Floors are uneven and the elevator is under construction which it should be based on the squeaky noise. With that said we enjoyed our room which was tastefully decorated, comfortable beds but not Queen size. The bathroom is small but what else would you expect from a hotel built in 1902. We stayed in the Towers and it may not date back that far but I would say at least from the 1930/40s. The grounds of the hotel are lovely and what we could see of the golf course (rained heavily the day we were there) its beautiful. There are many activities for old and young alike. Because of the rain we went to their Movie Theater and watched a movie. They were very accommodating but when asked a question about dining in the area the staff member couldn't answer. I am always amazed when a hotel desk clerk can't answer such a simple question so bring your own list of restaurants if you wish to dine off site. Overall I would return to this hotel and hopefully play golf on our next visit.

Room Tip: Stay in the Towers on a higher floor for view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review with regard to your recent stay! I’m pleased to hear that you had the ability to enjoy your time with us. Although it seems you were happy with your experience here, it does strike me odd that our staff was unable to help with your question. Maybe I will pop quiz our staff members to determine what we need to do to strengthen their knowledge! Thank you for staying at The Inn at Pocono Manor and I look forward to hearing about your next experience with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Central New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked rooms for a girls weekend reunion of childhood friends. 7th floor rooms were clean, comfortable with lovely mountain views. Corner rooms with king beds were larger with 2 views of mountains. Bathrooms were small with door barely closing within inches of toilet. No counter space for toiletries. Water pressure was weak and temperature was OK after fiddling with faucet. Room AC was cool but during night it got warmer and we needed to adjust thermostat. Bed was very comfortable. Plenty of covers and pillows.
Staff was wonderful and accommodated our every need. We had a DVD we wanted to view and they asked what time we wanted to see it. They set it up for our private screening in their theater.
Dining was pleasant . Dinner in one restaurant and breakfast in the other. We enjoyed drinks and lunch in the cafe/bar. Buffet Breakfast was delicious with omelette made to order. We included breakfast when booking our rooms. We had 2 dinners, one was very delicious (rack of lamb), but the other was disappointing (prime rib was tender and cooked exactly to order for me but overdone for my friend. It was tasteless. Probably was frozen beforehand). Wait staff was friendly and helpful.
Biggest problem was elevators undergoing a renovation. Only one working . It was small and took forever. People would get on anywhere, just to be on it and eventually reach their floor. It only fit one bellhop with luggage cart and 2 guests tightly. Slow as molasses! I asked when elevator would be fixed since we arrived early Fri. June27. I was told next month. We checked out Sunday and it still wasn't fixed. I noticed previous reviewers had same problem, so this is ongoing. It was only a major inconvenience during check in, check out and meal times.
There was a wedding Fri. And a family reunion but the Inn was never crowded and we had plenty of private space.
Facilities were great with plenty to do. Our small group enjoyed our weekend and we would love to return in the future, hoping the elevator is fixed by that time.

Room Tip: Top floor 794 a double and 796 king were great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I regret that some of our bathrooms are small in the Tower Section but I am glad you found the views enjoyable. Our elevators are undergoing a 1/2 million dollar modernization project. Its not convenient but necessary and I am happy to say the project will be completed in the coming weeks. We do hope you visit with us again. You should see how spectacular the views are in Autumn!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night this past Friday. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, but then again we aren't so picky to the point where we let little things get to us.

We arrived a couple of hours early in order to enjoy the pool before check-in at 4, which they had no problem with. The pool area was very nice and relaxing, and there is a new cabana bar which was a nice touch. Not many drink options and no drink menu, but they did have a decent beer selection. I believe this bar is a very new addition, so maybe as the weeks go on they will have more drinks available.

Our room was ready at 4 and we were on the 2nd floor. The first time up we waited for the elevator, and came to learn that taking the steps was about 200x faster. They are putting new elevators in, but the one still in use is SO SLOW. But, no biggy. Only a few steps to climb.

The rooms were really nice! Tip: ask for an updated room. There standard older rooms get really bad reviews. The beds were really comfortable, however the walls are PAPER thin. I thought we would have a problem sleeping because there was a wedding party staying at the hotel and you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the halls, but we slept really well. Not sure if they called it an early night or what, but this could be a problem. Also, the water pressure in the shower was not that great and the water temp can easily go from hot to cold with no in between. But, it wasn't something that would cause me not to return.

The hotel is in a great area, and we took a nice hike to see a small waterfall (follow the blue trail to the falls) and were in a few miles of food spots and a walmart for necessities.

We had dinner in their Lamplighter Lounge downstairs and it was great. Live music and the burgers were very good. Also very convenient as we could walk right back up to our room and go to sleep.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Everyone needs to keep in mind this is a very very old hotel, so some issues are hard to be resolved. But they have done a great job with updating and providing lots of fun things to do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. It brings a smile to my face each and every time that I hear about a guest that enjoys their time with us. Our pool bar (PocoCabana) is a brand new addition to our property and provides a wonderful way for our guests to enjoy a day in the sun! The location of our property is very attractive to most. Activities are endless throughout our property, and our area as a whole. I hope you can come back in the near future to enjoy some of things that you were unable to get to this time around!
Reading
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a grand old place built in 1903 and could have the charm and elegance of that bygone era but unfortunately is lacking in oh so many ways.

-one six foot by six foot elevator slower than pond water was working and used by both the guests and staff.

-A/C not working in 7th floor room, maintenance had checked it out before our arrival and said so to front desk but they checked us into the room anyway then offered to open the window and put a fan in!!! took them 2 hrs to get us into another room.

-friend was checked into room only to find the room was not cleaned from previous guests and took 45 minutes to get into their room.

-Parking is terrible and very difficult.

-Friend's wife got locked in her room when the batteries on the electric lock failed and took them 1 1/2 hours to get batteries replaced.

-lounge area had 2 waitress' for about 75 people at 5PM. Took 1/2 hour for drink (one diet soda) and then another 1/2 hr for sandwich.

-NO COFFEE, anywhere, after 10AM except some burned foul swill at the aforementioned lounge which then cost me $2.12 plus tip!!!!

-hotel and grounds are in need of alot of work. Driveway rutted and needs paving, stones coming out of beautiful old walls, paint work needs to be done both outside and in, and I could go on.

-outdoor pool was dirty with debris floating and on bottom.

This is and could be a very beautiful and elegant hotel but is not up to what it should be. Many of the other guests had complaints too. They do have 2 golf courses and the golfers said they were in great shape. Friends went shooting and fly fishing and had wonderful experience. Wife said spa was very nice. The grounds are beautiful but not very well maintained. Blue walking trail VERY nice. What it could be...but is not.

Room Tip: all rooms have full (not queen) size beds, two beds per room, but very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your review with regard to your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. We do everything within our power to provide the best possible services for our guests. With that said, we are in the process of making a number of improvements. Our elevators are currently undergoing major updating, one elevator at a time. This is stated in reservation conformations that are sent to all our guests. The HVAC units are receiving most important inspections and renovating in order to make each individual unit as effective and efficient as possible. I’m sorry that we were unable to move you to another room immediately, but pleased to hear that our staff did do everything they could to accommodate your request. We take these reviews quite seriously, so I will personally look into finding solutions for your concerns. I hope you return in the future to find that we in fact have made numerous improvements.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked a weekend getaway for my husband and I for his bday celebration. It was our fist time visiting the Pocono Mountains and Pocono Manor as well. After many reviews I read I chose this hotel for the following reasons: great and friendly staff, people who work here are always very polite, smiling at all times and knowledgeable of their property. Great room, we stayed in the King View Corner and wow I was speechless when I walk in, the view of the mountains was spectacular as well as the room, very clean, no smelly at all and very spacious the only complaint I have it's about the shower, it was making a weird, loud and annoying sound when it was turned on, we didn't call reception or anything like that since we are not that kind of people that is looking always for perfection so we handled our 3 days with that sound but we dont know how it went away after the second day. About food I bought the American plan and OMG!! Lots of food for breakfast and also dinner so I do feel like my money was well spend. The hotel was very clean and even thought just 1 of the 2 elevators wasn't working for maintenance and remodeling the wait wasn't long. The outside pool is nice and well maintain and having a pool bar makes it A+. I definitely recommend this hotel for people who want to visit the Pocono Mountains and don't want to drive long for outside activities, this hotel is very close to all main highways but with the spectacular and peaceful greeting of the mountains all around it.

• Stayed June 2013
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is always great to hear about the positive comments that come from our guests. Our staff understands that they are a great factor in whether or not a guest has a pleasant stay. We do everything within our power to make you feel just at home. The friendliness, the food, and the activities are only a few things that keep our guests happy. Please return in the near future to discover all the joyous charm that we have to offer!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked a room 11 months before arrival - somehow our reservation got lost. That was sorted out quickly as we arrived on a Sunday there were plenty of rooms. We had the golf package which entitled us to two rounds, two dinners and two breakfasts each. We played the East course (Donald Ross) first and it was a treat. Lots of elevation changes and hidden greens and lots of undulation in the greens. The west course was ho hum - too many long par 4s for this senior. The dinners were very good. Only complaint would be there was too much food. The breakfast buffet had lots of selection. We had a lunch in the bar and it was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review! Our golf courses attract numerous players from many areas. I’m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay in its entirety. I hope you return in the near future to partake in some of the other outdoor activities that we have to offer.
East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

For the last eight years I've put together a group of about 16 golfers from Connecticut and we go to Penn for a weekend of golf. Every year prior to this we had to find a hotel and golf courses in that area. The weekend usually ended up costing each player about $300 or more.
This year we went to the Inn at Pocono Manor in Pocono Manor, PA. They put together a package for us which which ran each golfer $226. This included large, CLEAN, comfortable double occupancy rooms. It also included a fantastic breakfast buffet with an omelette station. All fees and taxes were also part of the package. We played 18 holes of golf on Friday, 36 holes on Saturday and Sunday with carts on two completely different and challenging courses. We did have to pay and additional cart fee of $10 for the second 18.
It was just a great weekend. The hotel, dinning room, and golf course staff were all great. We will absolutely be returning for another golfing weekend in the near future.

Room Tip: Can't help you here. The rooms we were assigned were just fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your review with regard to your recent getaway here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I’m pleased to hear that we had the ability to accommodate your group during your annual Pennsylvania golf outing. Our sales team is always more than happy to help groups create packages that will fit their exact needs. It seems as though you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. It is our pleasure to serve you, and I hope your group returns in the future to enjoy many more weekends!

Been to The Inn at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!