“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Pocono Manor

You added The Inn at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
The Inn at Pocono Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Manor Drive, Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (Formerly Pocono Manor Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocono Manor
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked a weekend getaway for my husband and I for his bday celebration. It was our fist time visiting the Pocono Mountains and Pocono Manor as well. After many reviews I read I chose this hotel for the following reasons: great and friendly staff, people who work here are always very polite, smiling at all times and knowledgeable of their property. Great room, we stayed in the King View Corner and wow I was speechless when I walk in, the view of the mountains was spectacular as well as the room, very clean, no smelly at all and very spacious the only complaint I have it's about the shower, it was making a weird, loud and annoying sound when it was turned on, we didn't call reception or anything like that since we are not that kind of people that is looking always for perfection so we handled our 3 days with that sound but we dont know how it went away after the second day. About food I bought the American plan and OMG!! Lots of food for breakfast and also dinner so I do feel like my money was well spend. The hotel was very clean and even thought just 1 of the 2 elevators wasn't working for maintenance and remodeling the wait wasn't long. The outside pool is nice and well maintain and having a pool bar makes it A+. I definitely recommend this hotel for people who want to visit the Pocono Mountains and don't want to drive long for outside activities, this hotel is very close to all main highways but with the spectacular and peaceful greeting of the mountains all around it.

• Stayed June 2013
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is always great to hear about the positive comments that come from our guests. Our staff understands that they are a great factor in whether or not a guest has a pleasant stay. We do everything within our power to make you feel just at home. The friendliness, the food, and the activities are only a few things that keep our guests happy. Please return in the near future to discover all the joyous charm that we have to offer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked a room 11 months before arrival - somehow our reservation got lost. That was sorted out quickly as we arrived on a Sunday there were plenty of rooms. We had the golf package which entitled us to two rounds, two dinners and two breakfasts each. We played the East course (Donald Ross) first and it was a treat. Lots of elevation changes and hidden greens and lots of undulation in the greens. The west course was ho hum - too many long par 4s for this senior. The dinners were very good. Only complaint would be there was too much food. The breakfast buffet had lots of selection. We had a lunch in the bar and it was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review! Our golf courses attract numerous players from many areas. I’m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay in its entirety. I hope you return in the near future to partake in some of the other outdoor activities that we have to offer.
East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

For the last eight years I've put together a group of about 16 golfers from Connecticut and we go to Penn for a weekend of golf. Every year prior to this we had to find a hotel and golf courses in that area. The weekend usually ended up costing each player about $300 or more.
This year we went to the Inn at Pocono Manor in Pocono Manor, PA. They put together a package for us which which ran each golfer $226. This included large, CLEAN, comfortable double occupancy rooms. It also included a fantastic breakfast buffet with an omelette station. All fees and taxes were also part of the package. We played 18 holes of golf on Friday, 36 holes on Saturday and Sunday with carts on two completely different and challenging courses. We did have to pay and additional cart fee of $10 for the second 18.
It was just a great weekend. The hotel, dinning room, and golf course staff were all great. We will absolutely be returning for another golfing weekend in the near future.

Room Tip: Can't help you here. The rooms we were assigned were just fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your review with regard to your recent getaway here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I’m pleased to hear that we had the ability to accommodate your group during your annual Pennsylvania golf outing. Our sales team is always more than happy to help groups create packages that will fit their exact needs. It seems as though you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. It is our pleasure to serve you, and I hope your group returns in the future to enjoy many more weekends!
Rye, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed with my 3 friends this weekend. We had a great expirience from the time we arrive to the time we departure. The staff is friendly, the food was good and the activies were great. We hope to comeback soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review! Traveling with friends is always a great way to enjoy any time away from home! I’m glad we had the ability to make your stay with us as wonderful as possible. I hope to hear about your next trip to The Inn at Pocono Manor!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I consider this a secret diamond in the rough. The hotel has massive grounds with many, many activities and amenities, including both indoor and outdoor pools, a game room, a restaurant and separate bar/pub, spa, a library room, a movie theatre, golf, horseback riding, hiking trails with a waterfall, and more. The room fee is very reasonable and they are beautiful. Our upgraded King was quite comfy and loaded with multiple large pillows. The staff is courteous and friendly. I definitely plan on returning asap! (The one and only issue was the fact that the hallway doors slam close, which will no doubt wake you up during the morning.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your time at The Inn at Pocono Manor. It’s great to see that you have acknowledged all of the wonderful things we have to do on property! Upon your return, I hope to hear about all of the activities that you partook in. Once again, thank you!
Fort Meade, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I went to this hotel after booking and experiencing one night at Cove Haven Resorts (also in that area). This hotel is everything Cove Haven was not! Classy, elegant, secluded, and definitely romantic. The hotel staff was so courteous, friendly, and helpful and went out of their way to make our 10th anniversary trip so special (especially as we were coming from a horrible place!). We stayed in room 696 and our room had a beautiful view. The decor was elegant and the bed was so comfy. There is so much to do in the area - we went hiking at two different state parks and also enjoyed some of the amenities of the resort. We did eat at the hotel and the meals were excellent. Breakfast is definitely a must as they make some things to order in addition to having the full continental style breakfast. We did eat the restaurant (there are three restaurants, we went to the a la carte one) one evening and the food was phenomenal as well as affordable. Overall our trip was so special. It was definitely worth the money spent--which comparing it with how much our original "resort" was (speaking of our first night at Cove Haven) staying at the Inn at Pocono Manor was much cheaper -- even with the meals we took there! I can't say enough good things about this place. Go there for yourselves and enjoy!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites have a great view overlooking the valley. No noise issues that we noticed at any time...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your review. I’m pleased to hear that we had the ability to help save your 10th anniversary and make it everything you could hope for! Our staff knows that each and every guest is a special guest, so we treat everyone with the same extraordinary service. Congratulations on your anniversary, and I hope you return in years to come to celebrate many more!
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in a regular room at the inn on a Saturday night. The place is impressive...the grounds are beautiful and the staff was really friendly. They were more than willing to give us directions and suggest places to go for fun. The inn itself had a nice bar area which we went to later in the night. The food was great in the bar and prices were reasonable. The staff was really great throughout the inn which can make all the difference.
The room itself was pretty average...not very big but we had a great view.
We also went to the Mount Airy Casino which was only a few miles away. The inn offers a shuttle service that would take you there and back for 5 dollars. The shuttle goes until 3 in the morning! The casino was not very big though or that entertaining.
Overall, the inn was really nice, the staff were wonderful and the bar area was a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Some rooms are pet friendly so I made sure that we stayed in a room that was not going to cause alle...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I’m pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. It is always great to hear that our guests participate in activities that our area has to offer. The casino is almost always the first choice. There are endless things to do in our area, and I hope you return to do a bit more exploring!

Been to The Inn at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!