“You will not be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Pocono Manor

You added The Inn at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
The Inn at Pocono Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Manor Drive, Route 314, Pocono Manor, PA 18349 (Formerly Pocono Manor Golf Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Hudson,Oh
“You will not be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at the Inn at Pocono Manor over the week-end of Sept. 29th. We were not very familiar with the Poconos but we made an excellent choice staying at the Inn at Pocono Manor. At first we thought we might eat elsewhere but ended up eating
lunch, dinner and breakfast the next day at the Inn at Pocono Manor. We had a nice room with a comfortable bed. We enjoyed the trail to the waterfall and the beautiful fall foliage. We will return again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I’m very happy to hear that you were pleased with your choice. Our food and beverage TEAM has worked (and will keep working) extremely hard to keep all of our guests meals far above average. As I point out the effort that they have put in, I would like to mention that every employee takes pride in the job that they do here. Almost nothing is out of the question when it comes to the services we provide. I hope you return to find that improvements are being made every day to make our guests as content as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Hawthorne, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I checked in on 10/2/12 This hotel is very pretty and has nice setting. (needs a little tweeking)
The hotel staff is very nice. My room was clean and updated. The tv was a large flat panel and The bed was one of the best I ever slept in. If I could take the bed and sheets home I would. I really like the fact that there are 8 pillows on the bed. Each a diffrent size and type. The bathtub was clean, however the silicone around the tub was moldy. As far as being green, this hotel fails on two aspects. The bulbs in the rooms are regular bulbs and when I came into the room the airconditioner was set to 65 degrees. I went to adjust the thermostat and it was very old. I am in building management in NYC and can't believe that this hotel is wasting the energy and money it is. As far as the pool and gym, they are both outdated and dirty. The walls are tiled and has a look of 1980. The locker area bathroom is dirty and the toilet and shower were an ugly aqua color. The pool had these green mats by the locker covered in mold and dirt. The lounge chairs were cheap plastic and dirty. The towels are tiny and like drying off with sandpaper. There is also no hot tub. I tried to use the gym and all of the bars to adjust the weights are missing. The whole gym and pool area needs to be gutted. When I checked in there was no schedual of activitys given. The map and brochure they give is limited and needs to be updated. The hotel manager should spend a weekend at the Mohonk Mountain House, or the Sagamore Hotel to really see how a 5 star hotel should be. They can make a few adjustments and increase their rates 50% or more. This hotel has the potential to be on that level. They are just not there yet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Pocono Manor and sharing your experience. I agree completely with regard to the beds – our guests love them! With regard to the grouting with the bathtub; each year during slow periods each room is visited and general maintenance/upkeep (like grouting) is done. I realize that we are not to ‘green’ standards but are working towards being so. Your room HVAC being set to 65 degrees is a housekeeping issue and often addressed with the Housekeeping team. We offer two areas for fitness, one is the smaller area near the pool. The equipment is aged and requires a ‘pin’. The ‘pin’ keeps children from using the equipment un-chaperoned and possibly getting hurt. This fitness area is rarely used as our guests prefer the full service center that is on our property and complimentary for our guests – this is a modern facility with various classes, cardio equipment, racketball, tennis and more. I regret that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy that facility. After reading your review, I did personally inspect the pool shower rooms. I did notice the matting is a bit worn but I found no evidence of it being ‘dirty or moldy’. Although we did just complete a $5 million renovation, we did not feel that the indoor pool was in need of a renovation. Although the tile work may not be to your liking, it is in excellent condition. I appreciate your advice on reaching towards a 5-star status. However, our goal is to offer our guests clean, comfortable accommodates at an affordable price. Most of our guests are families, golfers and various types of groups. In spite of the economy of the last several years, our annual revenue/occupancy continues to climb. Therefore, I believe we are priced ideally for clientele.
Macomb, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here last weekend. Celebrated our 20Th wedding anniversary. It is a nice place, don't get me wrong. The problem is it is remodeled however, the floor in our room squeaked so so bad it was extremely annoying. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I felt besides the breakfast buffet, the restaurants were very fancy and over priced. We were told we have to make reservations if we want to eat at one of them, however there were two people in there?? I was happy to stay here but really was just your typical hotel. We do not golf. The fire place was never lit inside. Asked about outside fire and the employee said only sometimes we do that. movie theater had movies from ten years ago. It just was not meant I guess for younger people. It is nice, however just wish it was like they describe on the web site. Not sure where the couple stayed for the 1st anniversary but we did not get that stuff in our room. Please do something about the floors. We realize it is a very old resort but they can do something about that for sure. I did call twice before we came to verify our room and everything. They promised me a view of the mountains. We were on the third floor towards the end. It was not the view I hoped for.

Room Tip: not sure calling twice before to verify everything even mattered.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks for sharing the experience you had with us at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I am quite unhappy to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. We do not want our guests to feel as though they are staying in a “normal” hotel. We do try to go above and beyond for all our guests. It is also very disappointing to hear that you were promised a view of the mountains, and that was not provided. I will most definitely speak to our staff that would be responsible for such a mistake. We will continue to do everything within our power to improve all the services we provide. With that being said, I would like to wish you many more happy anniversaries to come.
Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I decided to plan a trip to Mount Pocono for our one year wedding anniversary weekend! We decided to stay at the Inn at Pocono Manor after researching local attractions and could not have had a more memorable time! The staff, including the GM who we had the pleasure of meeting, was very courteous, accommodating, and approachable. There were brochures available for many of the local attractions and were very polite in providing us with wonderful directions to and from the hotel for each. When we arrived, we were very surprised to find champagne on ice and six large chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room. This was such a nice gesture and very special to us! Our first night there, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant, The Exchange, which was very lovely and delicioius. Again, the servers were very nice and made us feel "at home". Another big highlight of our stay was our hotel bed. Our bed was one of, if not THE, most comfortable bed we had ever slept in. We described this to family members as, "literally feeling as though we melted in the bed". The bed seemed to form to our bodies as we woke up feeling very refreshed and relaxed even after spending long days at Bushkill Falls and The Crossings Outlet Stores. The hotel also has a cozy lounge that we enjoyed spending time at in the evenings which even had live entertainment one night we were there. They have a nice gift shop that we enjoyed shopping at as well. We included breakfast in our stay, which was buffet style, including an omelet and waffle station that was very delicious and filling. These are just a few highlights that made our stay and first anniversary memorable as we are very pleased with our decision to visit the Poconos and stay at the Inn at Pocono Manor!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us! I am extremely pleased to hear that your first anniversary was as special as anyone could ask for. I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to play a vital part in the success of such a special day. Our staff is very aware that milestones such as these cannot be re-done. Knowing that, each and every employee makes efforts far beyond what would be considered “normal” for all of our guests. It is delightful to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the things that this area has to offer. I hope you return soon to experience some things that you were not able to the first time around. In high spirits, I would like to wish you many more exultant anniversaries to come!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked for three nights and liked the place so much we stayed a fourth. Rooms were clean, service was good, and there was plenty to keep us busy. There is a large outdoor water park about 15 minutes away which was very nice, but the indoor and outdoor pools at the hotel were fine too. Mike and Loretta at Manor Sports were very helpful for planning outdoor activies and I recommend you see them for all your outdoor needs. We don't play golf but drove past the courses and they seemed well cared for and I heard no complaints. Will be going back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at The Inn at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy an extra night with us. This area has endless amounts of activities to offer. Our facilities also offer a number of different activities for all seasons. I hope you return very soon to see what we have to offer for the Fall and Winter months.
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were returning from a visit in NH and wanted to check out the area for a future golf excursion with friends in 2013. This is an older, but well maintained resort that offers a back to the past venture to the 20th century. Our room was updated, a bit on the small side, with a view of the pool area. The service, dining, and other related amenities were very good. Our opinion was that they should have switched the location of their higher end dining room with the bar/grill room as the atmosphere and views of the latter was far superior.

We're hikers, so we got to check out and photograph many of the older larger classic home architecture of summer estates were built when size mattered adjacent to the Manor.

With a limited time period there, we were only able to get out one evening for a trip to the local casino approx. 4 miles away which had a couple of very nice restaurants from modest to higher pricing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your comments with regards to your recent stay. We do everything within our power to keep our property as preserved as possible. The Pocono Manor property is also surrounded by a number of older homes that are easy on the eyes. I’m happy to hear that you had the chance to stop by and get a feel for what we have to offer. I’m looking forward to your return to our property in the near future.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our family stayed two nights at the Inn as part of a church retreat that included meeting facilities and all meals. As most of the retreats I’ve been to in the past have been at low-end, usually non-profit retreat centers (think bunk beds and shared bathrooms), the professionally run Inn at Pocono Manor was a nice (although far more expensive) change of pace.
The Inn itself is like any other hotel, although with a lot more history and a lot more land. The grounds, which total over 3000 acres, are unique. The Inn has its own Post Office and may well have its own zip code. It’s over a mile drive from the main entrance to the Inn. The grounds include two full 18-hole golf courses, shooting ranges, hiking trails, a waterfall, and even some private houses. Unfortunately, we didn’t have much time to explore – all we really got to enjoy was the indoor pool and a small playground. Some fellow attendees took the hike a waterfall on the property and had fun even though getting lost.
There’s a lot of history at the Inn, much of which is documented in the historic photos that are used almost everywhere for decoration. (One interesting exhibit detailed the Inn’s use in World War II as a rest and relaxation center for US Navy Armed Guard troops). In general, the Inn seems to have aged well; I believe our room (and possibly most of the property) was renovated recently.
Our room was traditionally decorated, and while perhaps a bit dated it looked elegant. It was a bit on the small side, with just enough room for two twin beds and a desk. It wasn’t Manhattan style tiny, but it was smaller than most rooms I’ve stayed in elsewhere. It did have a large closet, however. The view from our room was nice, although it might have been better if someone had cleaned the windows.
There were a few other negatives as well, none of which were critical. In general, the property was in line with my expectations for a three-star location (perhaps even 3.5 stars). There were some stains (blood?) on our sheets – they were small (pea sized) and set in – just a bit disturbing. The A/C unit (located above the bathroom) dripped and made quite a bit of noise. The walls were a bit thin; we could hear our neighbors. Check in was a bit slow; check-in was at 4:00 PM, and since none of the rooms were available early (we asked at 3:00pm and were told to wait) there was a mad rush at exactly 4:00 and the line got pretty long. The staff was helpful and friendly but didn’t seem in a hurry.
More seriously, the elevators were old, slow, and not really up to the job. We often ended up waiting a few minutes, and at times the elevator that did arrive was full. It didn’t help matters that the indicator lights on the cars were broken, so we could never tell if the elevator was going up or down. We resorted to taking the stairs a couple of times, although they seemed very industrial and not really for guest use.
The conference facilities were nice. The main event rooms were lined with a wall of windows that looked out over the valley. Even though it was overcast for most of our visit it was still a nice view.
The indoor pool was a big with our kids who didn’t want to leave. It was relatively clean and while heated, still just a tad bit cold (would have been good for swimming laps). A row of Nautilus equipment lined one side.
Food service was a bit of a disappointment. Many of the attendees at the retreat were pretty happy with the food as it was probably better than most of the low quality stuff served at “retreat centers”. However, for a hotel restaurant it was quite disappointing.
Our retreat included six meals over two days, and almost everything we were served seemed like it was prepared in a warehouse and simply reheated. (One exception was fresh fruit, which was available at most meals and was pretty good). While this is a common technique for serving large groups, I would have been really disappointed if I had paid full price to eat here (although our group took up most of the space, a small section was reserved for other guests and we saw a few people dining at each meal). Most of the food was bland and tasted a bit stale. On the plus side, there was always a good variety of food and it was all-you-can eat. However, popular dishes seemed to run out quickly. A beef stir-fry served one night seemed to have only about ten small pieces of beef in a large serving tray all of which were quickly picked out leaving a tray of just vegetables. The best food choices were from two cook-to-order stations at breakfast, which offered waffles and omelets. Unfortunately, with only two stations open, the lines grew real long.
The staff was trying, but there weren’t really enough people for the number of diners, so it was hit and miss. At some meals we were offered coffee, ice-tea, and were able to ask for condiments, at other times the waiters were nowhere to be found.
If you’re expecting cafeteria style food you probably won’t be disappointed (as my son pointed out, the food wasn’t great but it was still way better than his school cafeteria) – but if you’re expecting a high quality fresh cooked meal you’ll be disappointed. (Our lunch at Red Robin on our drive to the Inn was the best meal of our trip). At least from the outside (décor and smell) the other two restaurants on site looked a lot better.

Room Tip: Allow yourself time to take advantage of all the facilities here, and make sure to check out the his...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We try our hardest to portray a very high level of professionalism here at The Inn. The history of the Pocono Manor property is very valuable to us. It’s nice to hear that we are not the only ones who find it to be quite intriguing. From the history; 1902 to present; we have always made every effort to make our guests as comfortable as possible. I am saddened to hear that there were a number of things that you were disappointed with, but luckily those things were not able to hamper your time with us. I will be sure to look into these issues in hopes that they can be resolved as soon as possible.

Been to The Inn at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!