“Amazing family vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carriage House at Pocono Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pocono Manor
Carriage House at Pocono Manor
Route 314, P.O. Box 125, Pocono Manor, PA 18349   |
Sewell, New Jersey, USA
“Amazing family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked our family vacation this year at the carriage house via our timeshare company, after we booked we saw all the bad reviews about the place and we what did we get ourselves into! We even thought about canceling but we are thankful we gave the place a chance because we had an amazing family vacation!! Don't get me wrong the place needs updating but it's clean and the staff are great. The kids loved the 24 hour pool and we loved the hot tubs and the propane grills to cook outside!! We had two sleep 4 units (mini suites) they put us right next to each other which made it easy for our family. We even had a newly renovated room our kitchen had stainless steel counters and brand new appliances! We loved it! We tried out the onsite restaurant (the speakeasy) it's small but the bartender was very friendly and we had a great time making new friends and enjoyed a few cold beers... So again the place has some updating to do but if you're looking for clean and friendly accommodations then do yourself a favor and give the carriage house a shot. We will definitely be staying there again!!

• Stayed June 2013
management521, Manager at Carriage House at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place was a mess; what you see on the internet is not what the Hotel look like. This place look like the Bates Hotel and had Bed Bugs!!!!!
And the rooms smells like something bass was left in there dead.

Room Tip: We changed our room 5 time and all the rooms were the same; out dated and smell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
management521, Manager at Carriage House at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your views on your stay with us. Customer service is our number one priority, therefore, these comments were investigated thoroughly. Please allow me a moment to respond to your observations. We make every attempt to meet requests. If a guest's displeasure with a room is reported, immediate action is taken as was the case that night.
If ever a hotel/resort receives a report of insects, an immediate inspection is completed. Doctors will forward information to a resort to assist in identifying the origin. Please know, we did complete an inspection with nothing found and are still waiting for the doctor's report we requested from you. We will continue to do everything within our power to make our guest's stay an enjoyable one.

Thank you for your time.
Peckville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just spent a long weekend at the Carriage House and loved it so much we are considering getting a timeshare here. We own at Simpson Bay in St Maarten and live in PA so we exchange most of the time as the air fare it just too high to go to St Maarten every year. We typically go to at least two timeshare resorts a year within the US and until now have we never considered getting a second one. That is how strongly we feel about the Carriage House. The staff is wonderful. Debra, Dawn, Gerta and Bob of maintenance just to mention a few are all terrific. We felt as if they were old friends. They are methodically renovating the resort and the improvements are amazing. This resort is on its way to becoming a 5 star as long as you are not a prima donna, and you all know who you are, then stay home. The Speakeasy Lounge on the premises was a great place to eat and have some drinks and fun. We can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was, we give it two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We strive to make every guest feel at home. We hope to see you again.
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I bought a very modestly priced time share ownership at the Carriage House about 8 years ago after staying as a guest for two weekends. Our eyes were open to the overall size of the studios, mini-suites, and royal suites as well as the fact that this facility was not an upscale hotel. It is, however, the host of the friendliest staff we have ever known, from the registration personnel, the those on the housekeeping department, to those on the maintenance staff. We also own for 16 years a more expensive, less personal, larger, more updated, 2 bedroom unit elsewhere in the Poconos about 20 minutes away. There is no comparison between the two facilities. Though the Carriage House is by no means a Marriott Hotel, it has long been "home" in our opinions. As will be the case in a more dated facility where a problem might exist, the staff is willing and more than capable of attending to the needs of all.

This past weekend, we invited three families to join us in the place we call home. I was more than pleasantly surprised by the very positive feedback I received. Is the Carriage House perfect? Far from it ... but the liabilities are far outweighed by all the positive aspects, not the least of which is their indoor pool and hot tubs. I had a concern in that I warned my friends that the facility was fully booked this weekend and I had boasted about how quiet and relaxing it is for us and that a crowed facility was unknown to me. To no surprise, the large group that had attended and booked two thirds of the rooms and held their functions for two nights in the pool area only added to a great experience. They opened their arms and invited us to join in the festivities they had organized. Again, this place is home!

Next month is our annual weekend at the Carriage House with our children and grandchildren. The grand kids live in Colorado and when they are told they are visiting Grandma and Poppy in NY, their thoughts turn to the pool at the Carriage House and the excitement builds. Thanks to the Carriage House for an incredible experience ... month after month and year after year.

Room Tip: Go for the mini suites.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It is always good to hear from our Owners. We are working every day to improve the quality of everyone's stay. Keep in touch. We believe you will be pleased with the progress we plan on continuing to make with our facility.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I read all of the reviews…AFTER my husband booked the Carriage House through Interval International.
My heart stopped and I called and spoke with Management I spoke with a very polite and truthful woman named Debra.
She clicked onto trip advisor and addressed each review!
She informed me that They were certainly NOT the Marriott, (our home base) and that they are a 1970's style Motel going through extensive renovations.
She guaranteed a Clean room with renovated septic Systems Pool area and many of the rooms, "Royal Suites, "Mini Suites" and Studios renovated as well.
I was trepidation to say the least!
I thought I was entering the Shining Movie set when we arrived!
We choose the Royal Suite. I can honestly say the only misgiving I had was that the sheets hospital corners where loose and I had to redo them!!
No problem for my Husband & daughter!
The Major Family problem was that we could not ad two extra days to our week because they were booked solid.
The pool, large Game Room area, decks and especially the restaurant/Bar Speakeasy, was thoroughly enjoyed by all!
I would definitely recommend and stay here again!
Very clean, comfortable, accommodating and in good working condition.
So Relieved and pleasantly surprised after reading the previous reviews! They definitely have their game face on!!
Book it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Suite which had two queen beds a full Kitchen with dish washer & microwav...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
management521, Manager at Carriage House at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I remember the conversation we had over the phone previous to your arrival. We know until renovations are completed, we have to work twice as hard to keep everyone comfortable and happy. All our team Members strive to provide the best vacation possible for every person staying with us. Please keep in touch and let us know when you are ready to return.
Snohomish, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights here in June of 2012. We had a great time. We loved the place especially after we read so many poor reviews prior coming. We had a studio with a kitchenette, (refer, stove/oven all needed utensils, coffee maker). It was plenty big enough for both my husband and I. It was nothing fancy, but well equipped.
Bathroom was very clean, bed comfy. Front staff was polite and helpful. We never used the housekeepers so cannot comment on them.
Hot tubs were clean and toasty warm, pool was perfect with plenty of seating area and towels available. The adjoining restaurant had very good food and we really lucked out with their entertainment. (a great local band was playing).
Close (via driving) to many other off site restaurants too, that we found terrific.
We paid $257.00 for an entire week as a time-share Get-a-way. We had to pay for the entire week but knew due to our schedule we'd only be there 4 nights. That was the time share company’s policy, not the Carriage House’s. Even for 4 nights, $257.00 was a terrific price.
We don’t have children, but there was lots for kids to do between the swimming pool, hot tubs, arcade area, bing pong, pool table, exercise room, nature walks you could do and the scheduled activities they provide, you would have had to be a “high maintenance” kid to have gotten bored.
If you are looking for a high-end (overprice) posh, state-of-the-art kind of place, this is not for you. But if you want clean, comfy, efficient and affordable, this is just the place for you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Martinsville, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was compelled to write a review about the Carriage House for doing such an excellent job this past week for my wife and I. We could not have been happier with how the week went and the accommodation they provided. The ladies at the front desk were especially nice to us. I had spoken to one of them a week before checking in and explained some concerns I had with my wife’s conditions. The Carriage House went out of their way to make it wonderful for us both.
The studio apartment was extremely clean and up to date. All furniture was new and in perfect condition. The kitchen was new with all the things you need for cooking, the bathroom was very clean and all new. Our mattress was perfect, the décor in the room was inviting and warm. Once we settled in our room the first evening after check in, someone called to make sure things were just right for us! We enjoyed the hot tub that was very clean every day and the pool was perfect as well. The staff kept them very clean. The area around the pool was set up nicely with towels put on each chair each day for guests.
If you have children this would be a great place to come. It seems the children we saw there this week were having fun with all the games at the pool area and swimming in the pool. The Carriage House is centrally located to many things to do in the Poconos. I would definitely return to spend more days in the there very soon. I would not hesitate a second about staying at the Carriage House again. We actually look forward to it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Carriage House at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!