“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carriage House at Pocono Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pocono Manor
Carriage House at Pocono Manor
Save Saved
You added Carriage House at Pocono Manor to your Saves list
Route 314, P.O. Box 125, Pocono Manor, PA 18349   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I read all of the reviews…AFTER my husband booked the Carriage House through Interval International.
My heart stopped and I called and spoke with Management I spoke with a very polite and truthful woman named Debra.
She clicked onto trip advisor and addressed each review!
She informed me that They were certainly NOT the Marriott, (our home base) and that they are a 1970's style Motel going through extensive renovations.
She guaranteed a Clean room with renovated septic Systems Pool area and many of the rooms, "Royal Suites, "Mini Suites" and Studios renovated as well.
I was trepidation to say the least!
I thought I was entering the Shining Movie set when we arrived!
We choose the Royal Suite. I can honestly say the only misgiving I had was that the sheets hospital corners where loose and I had to redo them!!
No problem for my Husband & daughter!
The Major Family problem was that we could not ad two extra days to our week because they were booked solid.
The pool, large Game Room area, decks and especially the restaurant/Bar Speakeasy, was thoroughly enjoyed by all!
I would definitely recommend and stay here again!
Very clean, comfortable, accommodating and in good working condition.
So Relieved and pleasantly surprised after reading the previous reviews! They definitely have their game face on!!
Book it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Suite which had two queen beds a full Kitchen with dish washer & microwav...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
management521, Manager at Carriage House at Pocono Manor, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I remember the conversation we had over the phone previous to your arrival. We know until renovations are completed, we have to work twice as hard to keep everyone comfortable and happy. All our team Members strive to provide the best vacation possible for every person staying with us. Please keep in touch and let us know when you are ready to return.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Snohomish, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights here in June of 2012. We had a great time. We loved the place especially after we read so many poor reviews prior coming. We had a studio with a kitchenette, (refer, stove/oven all needed utensils, coffee maker). It was plenty big enough for both my husband and I. It was nothing fancy, but well equipped.
Bathroom was very clean, bed comfy. Front staff was polite and helpful. We never used the housekeepers so cannot comment on them.
Hot tubs were clean and toasty warm, pool was perfect with plenty of seating area and towels available. The adjoining restaurant had very good food and we really lucked out with their entertainment. (a great local band was playing).
Close (via driving) to many other off site restaurants too, that we found terrific.
We paid $257.00 for an entire week as a time-share Get-a-way. We had to pay for the entire week but knew due to our schedule we'd only be there 4 nights. That was the time share company’s policy, not the Carriage House’s. Even for 4 nights, $257.00 was a terrific price.
We don’t have children, but there was lots for kids to do between the swimming pool, hot tubs, arcade area, bing pong, pool table, exercise room, nature walks you could do and the scheduled activities they provide, you would have had to be a “high maintenance” kid to have gotten bored.
If you are looking for a high-end (overprice) posh, state-of-the-art kind of place, this is not for you. But if you want clean, comfy, efficient and affordable, this is just the place for you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Martinsville, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was compelled to write a review about the Carriage House for doing such an excellent job this past week for my wife and I. We could not have been happier with how the week went and the accommodation they provided. The ladies at the front desk were especially nice to us. I had spoken to one of them a week before checking in and explained some concerns I had with my wife’s conditions. The Carriage House went out of their way to make it wonderful for us both.
The studio apartment was extremely clean and up to date. All furniture was new and in perfect condition. The kitchen was new with all the things you need for cooking, the bathroom was very clean and all new. Our mattress was perfect, the décor in the room was inviting and warm. Once we settled in our room the first evening after check in, someone called to make sure things were just right for us! We enjoyed the hot tub that was very clean every day and the pool was perfect as well. The staff kept them very clean. The area around the pool was set up nicely with towels put on each chair each day for guests.
If you have children this would be a great place to come. It seems the children we saw there this week were having fun with all the games at the pool area and swimming in the pool. The Carriage House is centrally located to many things to do in the Poconos. I would definitely return to spend more days in the there very soon. I would not hesitate a second about staying at the Carriage House again. We actually look forward to it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I didn't have the highest expectations for this facility. Given the price and that it was the only place available, my expectations were a clean place to sleep, get a hot shower and have a bed for the night. It had none of those things. The first room they tried to put us in had no bed, only a sofa bed with a "mattress" that was about 3 inches thick. The ladies at the front desk tried their best, and put us into a room with a Murphy bed. There was a terrible odor in both rooms. Like a really musty/mildewy odor. The shower was lukewarm at best. The carpet was filthy, the sheets and pillowcases had holes, the windows were filthy. The cabinets near the stove looked as is "something" was gnawing on them. I took photos of all of the above. I wish I could post the stench, but I had to wash everything that was in the room, even if it was just there for a few minutes. Besides, I was afraid of the possibility of bedbugs. In fact I was so afraid of the possibility of bedbugs that I slept with the AC on full blast in a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up and with my pajama pants tucked into my socks. It was totally gross. An

• Stayed June 2012
Richboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We bought this timeshare in the early 80's and then upgraded to Split Rock. When they went deeded we purchased at Carriage House. At first it was great but the last few yrs it was horrible. We would go Xmas holiday week and it was usually crowded. There were kids running up and down the halls at all hours. Mind you, I also have kids and they were never permitted to run amok in the halls. I blame the parents first, but since this was an ongoing problem year after year management needed to do something about it. The last time we stayed there in 2010, there was always another excused why there wasn't a security guard.
Last year when we received our maintenance fee we couldn't believe how much it went up. We had a 1BR unit with a mini kitchen and we were paying $100 less than another timeshare that we have in VA that is a 2BR on a huge resort. They told us that Carriage House has new owners and there will be a casino built across the street. We sold our unit and couldn't be happier!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this resort. Pay a little more and go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We booked the hotel through our timeshare. It was kind of hard to get to the hotel especially when driving at night. The GPS navigator led us to the other nicer Inn. Make sure to follow the directions written on the reservation. the hotel is closer to the stables. We had noticed when we pulled into the parking area that there was only 1 car parked, (probably the receptionist's). Check in was a breeze. The hallway was dark. We probably had the hotel wing to ourselves. We decided to take a dip in the pool before retiring. Again, we had the pool area to ourselves. We can hear our own echo while in the pool area. It would have been okay if it didn't creep us out. The bed was a tad bit uncomfortable and the A/C hissed a rather loud white noise. We decided 1 night is more than enough so we left the following morning. We feel that the hotel has seen better days. the other reviewers who gave good rating were probably placed in newer renovated rooms. We were not that lucky.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I must.

Issues:

-while taking a shower, the pipe that holding the showerhead came out of the wall as I went to just tilt the unit a bit. (I could have pulled 1/2 the pipe right through the wall, it was crazy)

- the baths are slippery, with no coating at all on the bath. Even if you have good balance, you can go belly up. For children or especially the elderly, downright dangerous.

-blackout in our room (actually all the units on our floor on our side of the hallway) that management would not attempt to fix, yelling at US because of our concern that our ADHD child (who has bad balance in a regularly lit room) was potentially in danger locating the bathroom in pitch darkness at night. The murphy bed located in the wall within feet of the bathroom makes it much more dangerous cause the bed can fall right on his head. It took multiple calls to front desk to get the owner to get us to switch rooms (the hotel was dead we were the only occupants.)

- front desk ladies were very nice, but at the mercy of a slum lord like owner, who treated our family horribly.

- wireless access. Good luck with that. They stated that they were installing it, and that our room would have it upon arrival. It wasnt done. When they finally got it routed, it was 1 bar, barely enough to get Google to load ... and about 5-6 minutes to get it to return a search! No thank you.

- Sleep quality is the worst I've ever seen in a property, The beds creek and it feels like you are going to go through the bed right onto the floor. Mattresses are of the lowest, and i mean lowest of quality. The murphy beds are dangerous... kids could easily get caught in that bed and have the bed fold back up, seriously injuring them.

The rooms in general are dangerous, extremely old and dated, and the entire building in fact looks dilapidated. Mark my words.

- no doubt management will attempt to sugarcoat my review with their review, explaining in detail where I mislead anyone. These are factual and they know it.

We left in 3 days (we would have left the first day but we needed to find a room big enough for 5, not an easy task in the Poconos)

The bottom line? Go elsewhere. The Inn at Pocono Manor is significantly better and may very well be within your budget. Its right up the hill from this place, so continue driving up the hill! Its like night and day.

If you must have a suite with full kitchen, the Village at Pocono blows this place of the map. Just take a look at my reviews of those two properties.

Room Tip: Drive further up the road to the majestic Inn at Pocono Manor. That is all.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carriage House at Pocono Manor? Share your experiences!