“So Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Pocono Manor Stables is located within The Inn at Pocono Manor in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. With a newly renovated barn and expanded services, a visit to the Pocono Manor would not be complete without a horse ride through our beautiful woodlands.With 3,000 acres in a magnificent setting, well trained horses, and a staff of professional guides, Pocono Manor Stables offers the perfect adventure. Come and ride along the exclusive picturesque trails and enjoy the abundance of plant and animal species. If you are interested in enjoying the splendor of the great outdoors atop a horse, look no further. Specialized in all levels of riding expertise. Many seasonal and special activities available. Please see our webpage.
Newark, Delaware, United States
“So Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The horse drawn wagon ride was so relaxing. Everyone at the stables was so friendly. They didn't mind all of our questions and didn't mind holding a conversation with us the entire time of the ride.

Visited February 2013

“No safety measures at all, wrong instructions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

You can fall from it. The trainers couldn't help at all. One is in the very front and the other one is in the very last but I would expect her to follow tightly with me(I'm the last amoung all customs) but she left us quite far. My horse was actually looking for her horse this is why he suddenly turned around and ran without listening to me.
My complaint is that:
1. The instructors should explain the safety measures. Like how do you react if your horse doesn't listen to you any more. What kind of holding back is enough, or how to jump off to minimize the injury all of these are missing
2. Give correct instruction. My instructor has never told me there are two strings, when you want turn right pull the right string. She always held two strings together to set example for me. So when I want turn right, I pulled both strings ; the horse actually fell more pressure from left side so he turned to the opposite direction.
3. Even I have the accident while im doing nothjg wrong. none of the staff there mentioned they should refund / discount my trip. After I fall, I walked back. I only had half trip, including a fall.
Horse riding can be fun they take measurement to fix these issues. Safety is a big thing!

Ohio
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We happen to get the pleasure of going on a sleigh ride. The horses were gorgeous, the staff was so nice to take pictures of the entire party in front of the horses. The ride was beautiful and the perfect length of time. My daughter went on a "pony" ride afterward, and grinned from ear to ear. They were patient and professional.

Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awsome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great scenery we crossed and little creek which was cool! My 10 year old daughter's first time and still talking about it.
We saw wild Turkey and had a great guide everyone was very pleasant and helpful

Visited January 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Horse and Carriage Ride at The Inn at Pocono Manor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We came from Florida and spent a week up in the Poconos. One of the best things we did was on Christmas Day, take the horse and carriage ride all around the most beautiful resort grounds of The Inn at Pocono Manor. It just happened to be a lucky snow covered day and if you have a great appreciation for the beauty of our wonderful world. This is a place not just for you to see, but as a nature lover a place you want to feel. The historic grounds around the property are some of the most picturest sites than we experienced during our trip to the Poconos. The people that run the horse and carriage ride make you feel very welcomed and take extreme pride in what they do. We were a family of four with two small children, and to see them enjoy this not to miss ride, as much as we did, will last a lifetime in our memories. If your staying there then go and take the breath taking ride. If your not staying there then you can still go there and experience a step back into time that will put a big smile on your face. To our horse and carriage driver, we just want to say thank you for one of the most memorable Christmas Day's ever. And also want to thank all the people that worked that amazing Christmas wonderland in one of the historic buildings on property. We enjoyed ourselves just as much as our children did. We loved our historic visit to the Inn at Pocono Manor !

Visited December 2012