“This Place is Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting

You added Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   437 Irwins Lane, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This Place is Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I and our pets came to know the hotel and this location in particular during a Feb 2014 winter storm in which we lost power. We were afraid for 2 of our pets in particular, who have compromised immune systems.  To our shock, none of the the pet hotels were willing to accomodate our pets in this emergency situation - either the vaccine statuses were unverifiable due to the vet hospitals being closed OR they required 48 hrs advanced vaccinations before boarding (I was willing to get them revaccinated that same day) AND we were given a hard time about our elderly dog who shouldnt get certain vaccines, but they are required for boarding...we were so stressed out thinking they could suffer in our freezing house through the emergency.

Hotels in the area were unsurprisingly booked, especially the ones willing to accept pets. The Plymouth Meeting location of ESA was an unexpected surprise in the middle of the chaos and should be commended for their pleasant, helpful customer service and approach during a community crisis. First, they started a Wait List that other nearby ES Americas did not offer, aleviating some stress for my family - and thankfully, we got in!

Next, the manager, Kathi Hilgert agreed to waive the 2 pet rule for us, since this wasn't a "fun" visit. That in itself endeared my husband and myself to the chain. We are so grateful for the flexibility offered by Extended Stay Plymouth Meeting that we didnt find elsewhere. In addition, Kathi took my calls with gracious humor, as did a lovely staff member - Kahmilia (I likely butchered the spelling of her name). They must have been under tremendous pressure last week, but their perky attitudes never led you to know it.

The room we stayed in was clean and there was no odor - you could not tell it was a pet-friendly room. The rooms had great climate control, ample pillows, and the mattress was comfortable to sleep in.

What added to our stay was that the hotel is in a perfect, convenient locale - right off major arteries, a 1 minute walk from Starbucks, across the street from a Mall with several nice, sitdown restaurants and a small food court, a Whole Foods, several screen movie theater AND perhaps 5 minutes away from a Big Box shopping center with a pet store, bookstore, supermarket and housewear store, and a few others....You do not have to be familiar with the area to get around easily.

We would stay here again hands down, especially out of gratitude for how accomodating the staff was to our pet situation. If I had only one less enthusiastic observation, the tv channels left a little to be desired and there was no pay per view. However, that really is negligable considering the value we got overall.

Thank you to everyone who allayed our fears and provided us with a great stay. Other businesses should learn from their crisis mode managment and become more flexible and a better neighbor.

Lisa, Paul and our beloved pets

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Lisa – Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to help you and your family during your recent power outage. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and courteous during your stay with us. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and comfortable beds. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hotel amenities are convenience-only; you're close to a mall with good restaurants & anything else you need. Location was perfect for me during the holiday esp. for traveling by car, and there was covered parking at the back of the building. I'm writing this mostly to commend the staff at the front desk, who were helpful and friendly. They did a great job at check-in going over what to expect the next few days during the holiday, like limited housekeeping and the breakfast option. I would have been totally okay staying longer if I had to.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mall are quieter. The elevators are squeaky; if you are a light sleeper, ask to be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Kim - The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and the service our staff provided. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer.

Metuhen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Im a contractor who was staying here with my crew. Our over all stay wasn't bad. Rooms were clean. What you would expect from a extended stay. While staying there one of our vans was broken into in the parking lot while we were sleeping. While I don't hold this against the hotel the fact that I received no help from the manager or the hotels loss prevention really angers me. I have called, left messages, and emailed. I am completely ignored> The manager is apparently always busy and does not return calls. Not a good way to run a business if you ask me. Not sure if they assume all of their problems go away by ignoring them> so good luck to anyone staying he who encounters any problems.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize for the incident regarding your van and that your concerns were not responded to in a timely manner. Providing our guests with a great stay is our top priority, so we will be more diligent in responding to guests concerns quickly. Still, I am glad to hear that you found your guest room to meet your standards and expectations of cleanliness and comfort.

Your concerns are very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at PPM@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions as I am much more accessible at that address. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here because I got a discount that made the price much lower than other hotel ain't. H surrounding areas but I had low expectations after reading google reviews. I was pleasantly surprised- the room was immaculate and modern, there was every amenity you could want, and the staff was friendly and went out of their way to help. If all Extended Stay hotels are this nice with staff this great, I will be using them much more often!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Alyssa - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and accommodations. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Key Largo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

great value for the money. While definitely not for luxury seekers it is clean and comfortable. WIndows were stuck when opened. Kitchen is VERY BASIC and can not really be used for cooking a regular meal. Sheets were old and scratchy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the sheets were not up to your standards. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean comfortable room. We are also having our maintenance staff look into the issue with the window.

Waterbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just want to say how blown away by the service we were.
The room was great, clean and big and had everything you could want, but the real plus of this place is the wonderful people that work there.
Ciara the concierge or desk person went out of her way to make sure that we had everything that we needed and that we knew how to get to a place to eat and that our room was fine.
The next day when I realized 4 hrs out of town that I had left my camera and bag in a drawer in the room, I called and Ciara reassured me that they had found it and that arrangements would be made to send it back to me as I was all the way up in Vermont.
The next day the manager Kathy was wonderful and said that she would bring it over to Fedex and have it sent up to me.
These folks couldn't have been any nicer.
This place was great and made what was a trip for a not great reason (funeral) into as pleasant time as it could be (despite my absent mindedly leaving my electronics in the drawer).
I wish I could remember the woman who was at the desk on the morning of Sunday Sept 15th. She was very nice and helpful as well.
Great place to stay.

Josh L.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I live in hotels about 200 nights per year. I never tried Extended Stay. I was pleased. I am a true Marriott customer until now. The same room set up was $100 cheaper. They offer long term contracts at reduced rates. I would recommend this location for any Philly trip. I do wish there was a pool or hot tub.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Lisa - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the team and the hotel. I am proud of our team for the levels of service they provide on a daily basis. It is great to know that you truly enjoyed their work as well as everything our hotel had to offer.

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!