“Overpriced for whats offered.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   651 Fountain Road, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Pittsburgh
“Overpriced for whats offered.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Let me start out by saying that the staff was very friendly, especially the waitstaff during the breakfast hours. The hotel was located nicely in the business community. Plenty of restaurants around the area. The room was above average with a balcony (very cool!) My biggest gripe about my stay was the smell of smoke in my room 24/7. I'm guessing that since there are balconies attached to each room, people go out there to smoke (the hotel is supposedly smoke free). Being a non smoker this drove me crazy. Id wake up to the smell of smoke coming through my closed balcony door! Minus that experience the room was clean and the bed was EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE! Debatable if I would stay again due to the smoke smell.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
nymetfan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The Courtyard at Plymouth Meeting is tucked away in a corporate campus. It's next door to the Plymouth Meeting Mall and there are a number of restaurants all within a few minute drive. We spent the weekend there with 10 other families attending a soccer tournament in the area. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool area was clean, well stocked with towels and the fitness room although small has fairly new equipment. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant employees were always pleasant and helpful. If your in the area this hotel is a terrific place to stay.

Stayed August 2009
SusanK6461
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I spent three nights here and I can't say enough about the professional, courteous staff all the way around: front desk, management, breakfast crew and housekeeping. Even just in casual encounters within the hotel any staff member I encountered couldn't have been friendlier. The web site said there was a refrigerator in the room but there wasn't (you have to ask...but they were extremely accommodating once I asked for one). The breakfast was great (not free but well worth the money, and they do have a children's rate). The pool was comfortable (air temp 80), well stocked with towels, and well maintained. I saw the exercise room and it did look like all new state-of-the-art equipment (and TVs).

The Plymouth Mall is within walking distance, as well as a Houlihan's down the street. If you want more then you'll definitely want transportation. It's convenient to downtown Philly, Chestnut Hill, King of Prussia Mall and I'm sure much more...that's all we discovered during our stay (We live 5-1/2 hours away and my teenage daughter was hospitalized here).

One thing that I found a bit odd, but not really a big deal for me: You have to sign a "no party" agreement when you check in. I don't know if this has been a problem in the past for this particular hotel (apparently so). I did find it odd though that, while they do sell wine they are not able to sell it on the weekend (of all the times). Obviously the "no party" clause is designed to ensure a comfortable stay for everyone, which I can very much appreciate. No full service restaurant, just the breakfast.

I got a great AAA rate for my 3-night stay but I can guarantee I will stay here again if I find reason to be in the Philly area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Maybe the place has new management, but I thought it was really nice. It's not easy to find as the hotel is tucked back in an office park, and as noted, your really need a car to come and go. It was quiet. The room was clean and really comfortable. The small gym had all new equipment (2-3 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, free weights). The pool was good sized for a hotel and there was a hot tub that was hot, not lukewarm. The pool room had one wall that was all windows looking out onto a garden area. The breakfast buffet was good with omelets made to order. I would stay here again. I got a great rate: $62/night for 3 night min. stay!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding. I am a Project Manager and book hotel stays frequently for my co-workers and thus know how easy it is to have a taxi called from the front desk or what have you. The reception was about 4 miles from the hotel, and we didn't want to drive. When I called the hotel regarding any services they may have offered, they advised they only offered airport transportation complimentary - not a problem do you have any suggestions? She suggested a few companies for which the cost for a 4 mile ride would have been about $200 - so obviously that wasn't the way we wanted to go. She did say that when we arrived at the hotel that we could ask the front desk to call a cab (I am from the area but know that this is located in the suburbs - not the city and a cab might not be as easily accessible). I said great, how long is the wait typically? She said 20-30 minutes - again - great! So....when we got there I asked the guy at the front desk to call a cab and he looked at me like I had three eyes. He said we don't normally do that...ok fine...but you are a hotel and you don't have a designated conceirge - thus, you take care of guests requests. He advised that "there is only one cab company locally that will pickup for local drives but since they don't want to pick you up for such a close ride they will take almost an hour to get here." No kidding - this is what this guy told me! When I called and talked the first woman - the one I refer to above - I called the actual hotel and front desk - not the main 800 number. I could have argued it and asked for a supervisor but I was going to a wedding, I didn't want to ruin my mood - so I figured the best way to handle it was to write a review. Beware, if you are staying here and don't have transportation - they tell you one thing and when you get there its something different.

• Liked — Room was clean.
  • Disliked — the poor customer service at the front desk
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

I have stayed at this property twice in the past year, both times for four days or more. The hotel itself is nothing special -- your basic Courtyard, but the grounds are well cared-for and the location in a small corporate park affords it more privacy and quiet than many other area hotels. The staff is very professional and the beds are comfy. No free breakfast, but a Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks are nearby.

• Liked — Good beds, free hi-speed
  • Disliked — no free breakfast, had to log in to the internet each day
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

Normally, Courtyard by Marriott has a comfortable bed and a very clean room, but that was not the case for this hotel. Shower curitain had scums, and some of the drinking glasses were very dirty.

I stayed here for a business purpose for four nights, and one of the morning, before 8 am, a housekeeping lady came to clean my room while I was still in the room. I had to ask her to come back a short while later.

The fitness room had two very old, not so great treadmills which made a lot of noise.

On a positive side, the hotel is located away from the main street, and relatively quiet even during the day.

It wasn't a terrible hotel, but for $140 a night, I expected a little more.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!