You added Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Family Movie Night Offer
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

We stayed here for 3 nights and were not disappointed. The hotel is in an executive park with very beautiful landscaping. There is also a Doubletree hotel right across the way in the same park. It is located less than a quarter of a mile from the Plymouth Meeting mall, so, if you need to do some quick shopping, there it is.

The room that we had, a standard room with a king bed, was quite comfortable, at least I found it to be so. My wife felt the mattress was a little too firm. An adequate number of pillows were supplied, and we found it quite easy to get more (as I am a pillow fiend). The pillows were very comfortable.

We found the room to be very clean.

Being the middle of the summer, the air conditioner was more than adequate. I actually had to turn it down because we started getting too cold (or had to climb under the covers).

Even though our room was just across from the elevators, we couldn't hear a thing from people coming and going. Neither could we hear anything through the walls from adjacent rooms.

The service was first rate. My wife has a disability and as such we travel with a cheap shower massager (along with a pipe wrench to swap out the stock shower head with ours and then reverting it, of course, before we check out). Well, the shower heads that they use at this hotel require a special tool, so, the pipe wrench didn't cut it. So I called the front desk, and, in about 20 minutes, the engineer showed up and swapped out the shower heads for us. The stock shower head yielded an excellent stream at a good pressure, so, I was not wanting there. There was also never a lack of hot water for those that prefer hot water showers. Although I did notice that the sink tended to lack quite a bit of water pressure for reasons beyond me.

This hotel provides a complimentary hot breakfast every morning: hot eggs, cooked to order, bacon, waffles, pancakes and toast. Cereal and fruits were also available along with the expected coffee; cranberry and orange juices were also provided just as milk was. The food was good.

The hotel also sports an indoor swimming pool and a jacuzzi. We did not use either, although I took a look at the pool (as I thought I was going to have time to enjoy it, but alas, our schedule was not that kind to us). Maximum depth was five feet, so, a small pool. It was clean, but, I cannot attest to its chlorination degree. I did happen to notice quite a number of people using the pool, people of all ages.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2004

Just spent two nights at the Plymouth Meeting Courtyard and found it clean, quiet and convenient. It's located in an executive park so it's away from traffic but near a mall and lots of restaurants. The front desk clerk was extremely helpful on several occasions. There's a very small workout room (but it was empty when I used it). I would highly recommend this hotel.

York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2003

Just got back from a Friday and Saturday night stay at the Plymouth Meeting Courtyard. I had called the hotel directly when I won my bid and asked for a two bed, non-smoking room. The wonderfully helpful person at the desk gladly noted that on my reservation as well as my rewards program number.The hotel is located off the PA turnpike in Plymouth Meeting Executive Campus directly beside the Plymouth Meeting Mall. There are several chain type restaurants located nearby.We arrived at the hotel rather late (8:00 PM) and were checked in quickly. It was mentioned that my reservation was through Priceline, but no other comments about that were made. Front desk staff was courteous and cheerful.We had asked for a upgrade (with added charge, of course) to a suite, but the hotel was obviously full and one wasn't available for both nights. The desk clerk stated that it would have been possible, but she would have had to ask the manager what the upcharge would have been. We were assigned a room on the second floor on the back side of the building. Our room did not have a balcony, but I was told later that I could have requested one since they are assigned on a random basis. It was a dreary weekend, so we wouldn't have used it anyway.The room was spacious with two double beds, a desk with computer hookup and a overstuffed chair with ottoman. There were nice landscape pictures above each bed. The colors were primarily greens, beiges and burgundy. The furniture was cherry. There was a light over the desk area, a table/light combo by the chair and double lights over the nightstand between the beds. The mattresses were a little too soft for my tastes, but everything was clean and well kept. As I said the room was spacious and we rearranged the chair, ottoman and desk so that we could place my son's inflatable bed on the floor next to the window. We requested extra sheets/blankets and they quickly arrived in less than 10 minutes.There was a small closet opposite the bathroom vanity area in the entrance area of the n iron and ironing board in the closet. A hairdryer and small coffee pot with Maxwell house coffee was provided. The bathroom was a nice size with an adjustable massage type shower head and toilet. Pantene shampoo and soap were the toiletries provided. No conditioner or lotion. My hubby forgot his toothbrush and deodorant and they gladly provided both free of charge.There was a gazeebo and namesake courtyard which would have been nice had it not been raining the entire time. Off the lobby there was a nice fireplace, large screen television, several overstuffed chairs and glass tables. There was a coffee bar area as well as an area where a manager's reception is set-up Monday through Thursday evenings. This was not available since we stayed over a weekend. There was a room with a washer and dryer. Vending machines were located on every floor. There was a nice sized pool and hot tub with plenty of seating and towels. Very clean and well kept. The exercise room had two nautilus type machines, a stair stepper, two treadmills and a stationary bike. There was a TV and a water cooler in the room.They had an all you could eat breakfast buffet which had wonderful choices. An adult buffet was $8.95 and children were $3.95. There were cold and hot cereals, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola bars, various juices, bagels, bread and English muffins, made to order omlettes and eggs, Belgian waffles, pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage patties, bacon, assorted types of milk and hot beverages. Service was quick, the food was fantastic and the staff was warm and friendly. We ate there both mornings.All public areas were very clean and modern looking.The only problem we had was a basketball team of 10 year olds were staying on the third floor above us (apparently unsupervised most of the time). We didn't hear them until we turned off our TV at 11 PM and then it sounded like they were jumping on the floor. Calls to the hotel desk were of little help since they were aware of the problem and were trying to caPM, I finally went upstairs to the room directly above us. I could hear the wild banshees through the door. I knocked on the door and it was answered by a young boy who was obviously unsupervised. When asked where his parents were he indicated next door. I doubted that since they were so obviously loud. I told them to keep it down or we would call the police. Two younger boys appeared and they quickly all ran down the stairs to the pool area where apparently their parents were. We were soon able to fall asleep. I don't understand why the front desk couldn't/wouldn't talk directly to the parents of the offenders.There were several minor improvements that I could see being made in the rooms and which I suggested on the comment card. There is ample space for two queen sized beds instead of the smallish full sized ones. A retractable clothesline in the bathroom would be great for hanging wet bathing suits. There was a curtain (for decoration only) hanging over the air conditioner. We pulled it back using the excess wiring from the phone modem so that the air would not be blocked. Other than the noise issue, it was a wonderful place to stay.I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again even without a great Priceline rate.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!