You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   640 Fountain Road, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Tampa, FL
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Here's my opinion....I stayed at this hotel recently for a business trip and only stayed for one night, thank goodness. When I arrived to my first room, the bathroom had not been cleaned. I won't go into details, but it was disgusting. I went back to the front desk and asked for a new room. The second room they assigned to me was not much better. When I looked for an outlet to plug in my laptop, I found women's undergarments behind my night stand. The floor was filthy and the bathroom had mildew. The bathroom sink was missing the stopper and the shower head was barely attached. I would not recommend staying here if you have the choice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

We were rather disappointed with our stay here, esp. after reading the previous reviews. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but the facility really needs an upgrade. We even had to change rooms after our first night because the heater was not really working -- and it was really cold outside! There were many things that needed fixing or cleaning, such as the broken closet door, the stained carpeting and sofa, the broken TV cabinet, and of course, the heating system.

Housekeeping did a generally poor job of cleaning each day (e.g., didn't replace tissue that ran out for two days, didn't clean up the coffee maker area, messy bedmaking). You can hear noise from the atrium since all the room doors face out over the multi-story atrium, esp. when there's a loud party going on (as there was while we were there). The full-sized beds are very small for two people (and we are pretty short and slender!). It's also difficult to find the hotel from the road because the signage is few and difficult to see.

The pluses are the low weekend rates, including the breakfast buffet, which was a hit with our kids, and the friendly staff. Also, it's close to Plymouth Mall, which has multiple restaurants, and convenient to Route 476. And the pool is very warm, although small.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I was pleased with my stay at the Double Tree in Plymouth Meeting, PA. At check in the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I felt safe and comfortable. Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

The hotel is somewhat difficult to find in the industrial park. Forget your navigational system..it will at least get you in the vicinity! The hotel is open spaced around the lobby and bar. Open balacony surround the atrium type atmosphere. Sound travels though.. and if you are aren't using the "living room" area for extra sleeping space, it really isn't a problem. For those that are sleeping on the pull out...noise could be a problem. The front desk was a bit rude over the phone while making reservations, however they rectified the differences when we arrived. The bar service was pleasant, but overworked. Definately not enough staffing to service the amount of people in the lounge. The food was good in the bar and the breakfast buffet was better then average.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I have family in the area and have been traveling to the Conshocken area for several years. We used to to reserve a suite at the Residence Inn (Marriott) , but my wife found staying nearer to the shopping malls more interesting for our free time. The Residence Inn was always nice, but had problems with air conditioning in the summer. Attitude was large there too. The Hampton Inn was always pleasant, clean and worthwhile for the rate. The breakfast left a lot to be desired there though. But for the money, Hampton was a good place. We do like to have a suite as my wife likes to stay up later looking at TV/ reading. So now for the review of the Doubletree Suites.
The Doubletree Suites is located in a great area a block away from a Marriott Courtyard and two mintes from the Mall. You enter a small marble lobby behind which is a grand lobby area with an attractive bar and dozens of places to sit. We were greeted by an exremely friendly clerk, Margaret, who had everything ready for check-in. We even received a call from the front desk in about ten minutes enquiring if all was satisfactory!
The lobby is surrounded by an inner courtyard going up 7 floors with balconies wrapimg around each floor looking down at the lobby. All noise vibrates upwards. When we checked in, Special Olympic buses arrived. What a pandemonium as the kids got off the buses and collected in the lobby. The noise could be heard in the front room of the suite, but not the back bedroom. Within 30 minutes, quiet ensued as the kids checked in for the night. On the next night, a high school anniversary celebration was in place, where the particpants gathered for drinks in the grand lobby for their cocktail hour. Again, the niose level was like being in the lobby itself with those people. We turned on the TV and that pretty much drowned out the noise. The bed room was quiet. In an hour, the party goers went into a dining area for their night festivities and it was quiet again. The suite itself was very nice with a pull-out couch, desk, TV, and three chairs. The bathroom was nice too with Neutragena soaps. The bedroom was also nice looking with a very comfortabe mattress. We enjoyed the fairly spacious suite and found it more than satisfactory. When we return, we now know know what to expect and it is within our tolerance level. The indoor pool is on the second floor - it is large and appeared clean. We had breakfast in their restaurant Sunday morning and the buffett was excellent.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Lewisburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

This hotel got great reviews but I did not find this such a wonderful place to stay.
1. We have a family of 4. They only gave us 2 cookies
2. The room had stains on the rug and we found dirty tissues on the floor behind the curtains.
3. The sheets had dirt stains and my bed had an old blood stain on the sheet. YUK.
4. The walls/doors and light switches had scum on them.
5. I called the front desk for more towels. They said they would send up housekeeping. We never got any. After several hours, my husband had to get the towels from the pool area.
6. I requested the sheets be changed (they only change every 3 days normally unless you request it) and they never changed them. Still had that same old blood stain.
7. They did not offer all-day coffee or tea (like other hotels do). I had to pay them $2.00 for a half pint (8oz) of milk for my kids!!
All in all this was a $150 a night hotel, with glass elevators in the atrium and ritzy looking clientele. I expected way more from them. I've stayed in cheaper hotels that were cleaner, more attentive and offered better guest services. I will never stay here again. I'll stick to Carlson or Marriott next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth Meeting hotels

Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

This DoubleTree was on the list of recommended lodgings for the LiveStrong Challenge bicycle event sponsored by the Lance Armstrong Foundation. We found it to be a totally comfortable, large suite with good amenities. The service was pretty slow when we requested drinking glasses & extra towels, but they eventually showed up. The breakfast was expensive, but the made-to-order omelets & waffles were delicious. No problems with noise. Nice central lobby with bar.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West? Share your experiences!