“Great value with comfortable room and nice breakfast buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Tokyo
“Great value with comfortable room and nice breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our two young children at the end of December. The rooms were clean and comfortable and very quiet, despite the fact that our room looked out onto the highway. Obviously with the location near highway and across from a shopping center, this isn't a hotel for stunning views, but it was a convenient location for us to visit family nearby. We were really impressed by how comfortable our stay was. The hotel provided plenty of towels for all of us (often towels for toddlers seem to be neglected at other hotels, as if a two-year just needs a hand towel!) The room had an empty refrigerator (not filled with overpriced minibar items) and a microwave, which both were helpful with young children. The hotel has a program of giving out complimentary toiletries, which was helpful when my husband realized he had forgotten to bring shaving cream. We particularly enjoyed the included breakfast buffet. It had lots of options that our children enjoyed, such as cereals, yogurts, and fresh fruit. My husband and I both really liked the make-your-own waffles, which had a really nice vanilla flavor. The breakfast hostess was constantly cleaning the space, and as soon as we had taken something it was immediately replenished. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Philadelphia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kaushik l, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a hotel review. We appreciate customer feedback and pride ourselves on learning from each review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all that Plymouth Meeting has to offer. We are especially thrilled that you were able to enjoy breakfast and spend time in our newly renovated lobby. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've stayed at many Hilton properties thru the years, I'm a gold honors member, and have always been pretty happy with the brands. In the past, I have used the various properties interchangeably depending upon location. It seems that can't be done any longer with the Hampton Inn brands. The quality has simply deteriorated and it's not isolated, the last couple of Hamptons I stayed in were merely ok, to downright awful.

The Plymouth meeting location was thankfully, "ok," but nothing more. We stayed 2 nights over New Year's eve and the very best I can say is the staff was pleasant and friendly. That does mean a lot over a holiday when staff are most likely not regulars. The room itself was clean, by the looks of it, until I found an old bottle cap behind the nightstand when my chapstick rolled off the ledge. It seemed small with a king bed and a sofabed. The mattress was horrible. I did not get sleep well and woke up with a sore back. It definitely needed changing, as did the sofabed mattress. At 75 pounds, my child was almost literally laying on springs. Our toilet also didn't work properly. Either it was stopped up or something else was wrong, we had to flush about a dozen times after use. The tv was nice, the remote worked.

The lobby was just renovated and very nice, decorated tastefully with a fireplace. Breakfast was "eh," merely filling but certainly not with quality food. There were microwaved omelettes with an unidentifiable beige sauce and terrible, cold potatoes. The danishes and muffins were mass produced and tasted artificial. The oatmeal was watery. The best was the coffee, waffles you make yourself, yoghurt, and apples.

We didn't get a bill slipped under the door and our keycard was de-activated promptly at check-out time. Usually there is a 30min grace. I don't remember the last time I actually had to wait at the front desk to checkout and hand in my keycards.

Last note, was it was a little difficult to get to this location. You could see it from the highway, but it was a roundabout way to get into the lot. And, my husband said the distances given to various attractions were not accurate, and travel times were much longer than estimated.

Room Tip: ask for even number room on higher floor to avoid the noise. thanks to the person who gave this tip...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that your most recent stays at a Hampton Inn have been anything less then amazing. I am glad that you were able to notice the newly renovated lobby. I along with our management team will discuss your check-out experience and determine ways in which we can make this a faster process. We will take a look at our website and re-determine the proximities listed to local attractions. All of your feeback is valuable and detailed which is great for us. We can only get better if we we know where we are struggling. We hope that you chose to stay with us again.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting over Christmas while visiting family in nearby Chestnut Hill, Our room was comfortable but there were problems in the bathroom - no stopper in the sink (a waste of water) and a missing art reproduction over the toilet (no big deal). The toilet became stopped up one evening. A call to the front desk brought a staff member with a trusty plumber's friend who solved the problem promptly and with good cheer. The complimentary breakfast was good, but not great. The staff member who took care of the meal was warm and friendly. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently switched from the DoubleTree to the Hampton Inn for my frequent visits to the area, and was favorably impressed by the Hampton Inn. The location is a little less convenient, and the lobby less "grandiose" than the Doubletree, but what a different a little money invested for renovation can make! The rooms are good, comfortable and very clean. The bathrooms work and are maintained very well. The TV works... Everything you expect in a hotel at this price is there. The lobby was just renovated and offers a pretty comfortable space to relax or watch TV. The breakfast is OK. There is Ruby Tuesday attached to the property if one wants to eat without going out to one of the many restaurants around the hotel. Overall, a good experience and I recommend it for anyone who wants a decent, clean hotel for a very good price

Room Tip: Make sure your room has the correct remote control for the TV.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Western NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am a professional firefighter and I had to go to Conshohocken PA for some training in September. Ordinarily, I am willing to stay at any reasonably clean but economical hotel. Our department secretary searched for one and could not find a hotel like this in the area. (that appeared safe) So we went with the Hampton Inn. It was very near the training academy and the highway as well.

I found the desk staff to be friendly and helpful.

The room was on the third floor. It was clean. Had two double beds. A Flat screen TV. A nice bathroom and was very comfortable. It had coffee in the room and actually a little fridge and microwave. I had to supply my own meals so I went across the street to target and bought a frozen dinner one night.

I was there for 4 nights and didn't have a single problem.

They had breakfast in the lobby. Not bad but could have been better. Eggs, sausage, waffle, fruit, coffee ,yogurt, cereal etc.

It was immediately next to a Ruby Tuesday where I had a great but pricey meal. Another evening I had a couple Sam Adams Drafts. It would only be better to have the Bar right in the hotel so you don't have to walk outside to go back.

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

I have a disclaimer for these reviews. If you figure most hotels have like 25 to 50 rooms with 50% occupancy. there then are like 10,000 patron nights at each hotel. Many people go to the internet when they find something really wrong. So when you see 30 or 40 bad reviews on a hotel just remember how many people stayed there without a problem. (and vice versa)

Enjoy your stay!!

Oh, I forgot one thing. I think the hotel was almost $140 a night on a tax free government rate. pretty stiff for just a few nights. I thank the taxpayers for the opportunity and hope to pay them back in spades!

Room Tip: Great Location! Check out the Devon Horse Show at Bryn Mawr only about 20 minutes away. I caught a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed at this property numerous times and found its condition to continue to deteriorate over the last few years. It is currently undergoing renovation, which should improve things, though the refurbished lobby is sterile and cold and much less comfortable and inviting than the old one.

The staff's pride in the property's appearance is lacking. The view from the breakfast area is of trash strewn about the outside of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the first floor and on the even side of the building. Odd-numbered rooms face...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Not sure if I'm doing this correct,but I stay at this hotel during thanksgiving I checked in at 4pm the gentleman whoi checked us in could of not of been friendlier I forgot his name he was a bigger fellow he went out of his way to make us feel at home during holiday TOP NOTCH customer service keep up the good work HAMPTON INN.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!