“Clean, comfortable hotel that underwent renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
McKinney, Texas
“Clean, comfortable hotel that underwent renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently switched from the DoubleTree to the Hampton Inn for my frequent visits to the area, and was favorably impressed by the Hampton Inn. The location is a little less convenient, and the lobby less "grandiose" than the Doubletree, but what a different a little money invested for renovation can make! The rooms are good, comfortable and very clean. The bathrooms work and are maintained very well. The TV works... Everything you expect in a hotel at this price is there. The lobby was just renovated and offers a pretty comfortable space to relax or watch TV. The breakfast is OK. There is Ruby Tuesday attached to the property if one wants to eat without going out to one of the many restaurants around the hotel. Overall, a good experience and I recommend it for anyone who wants a decent, clean hotel for a very good price

Room Tip: Make sure your room has the correct remote control for the TV.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Western NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am a professional firefighter and I had to go to Conshohocken PA for some training in September. Ordinarily, I am willing to stay at any reasonably clean but economical hotel. Our department secretary searched for one and could not find a hotel like this in the area. (that appeared safe) So we went with the Hampton Inn. It was very near the training academy and the highway as well.

I found the desk staff to be friendly and helpful.

The room was on the third floor. It was clean. Had two double beds. A Flat screen TV. A nice bathroom and was very comfortable. It had coffee in the room and actually a little fridge and microwave. I had to supply my own meals so I went across the street to target and bought a frozen dinner one night.

I was there for 4 nights and didn't have a single problem.

They had breakfast in the lobby. Not bad but could have been better. Eggs, sausage, waffle, fruit, coffee ,yogurt, cereal etc.

It was immediately next to a Ruby Tuesday where I had a great but pricey meal. Another evening I had a couple Sam Adams Drafts. It would only be better to have the Bar right in the hotel so you don't have to walk outside to go back.

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

I have a disclaimer for these reviews. If you figure most hotels have like 25 to 50 rooms with 50% occupancy. there then are like 10,000 patron nights at each hotel. Many people go to the internet when they find something really wrong. So when you see 30 or 40 bad reviews on a hotel just remember how many people stayed there without a problem. (and vice versa)

Enjoy your stay!!

Oh, I forgot one thing. I think the hotel was almost $140 a night on a tax free government rate. pretty stiff for just a few nights. I thank the taxpayers for the opportunity and hope to pay them back in spades!

Room Tip: Great Location! Check out the Devon Horse Show at Bryn Mawr only about 20 minutes away. I caught a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed at this property numerous times and found its condition to continue to deteriorate over the last few years. It is currently undergoing renovation, which should improve things, though the refurbished lobby is sterile and cold and much less comfortable and inviting than the old one.

The staff's pride in the property's appearance is lacking. The view from the breakfast area is of trash strewn about the outside of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the first floor and on the even side of the building. Odd-numbered rooms face...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Not sure if I'm doing this correct,but I stay at this hotel during thanksgiving I checked in at 4pm the gentleman whoi checked us in could of not of been friendlier I forgot his name he was a bigger fellow he went out of his way to make us feel at home during holiday TOP NOTCH customer service keep up the good work HAMPTON INN.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
long island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed there last Saturday for 1 night. It's right near the PA turnpike exit, across from a shopping center having everything from a Dollar store to a Lowe's. Just down the road from Germantown Pike, so it's within a 15 minute drive from the town of Chestnut Hill, too. Great town to visit around this (holiday) time of year. The hotel staff was very friendly to us and made sure we had all we needed at the time of check-in. Weekends are a little less frantic there, when the business crowd isn't present.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This Hampton Inn was very fair.

- room was OK, but toilet didn't flush great
- allergies were bad in room
- pricey
- hotel was crowded. no spots for breakfast, but the front desk staff did open a meeting room for us to eat in, which was nice
- breakfast was OK. I've seen a better variety of cereals at other Hampton Inns.
- we wanted additional pillows for our room, but housekeeping didn't have any more
- front desk gave "goody bags" to our kids, which contained bottles of water and a snack (one child got M&Ms; the other got a pack of Chips Ahoy). this was a nice touch.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bucks County, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were without power as a result of Hurricane Sandy and after shivering at home for three nights decided to take one night off from the cold and get a hotel room. In hindsight, we should have stayed in our heatless and powerless home. I will also point out that my wife is a Diamond VIP level Hilton Honors member and stays in a lot of hotels in the Hilton family. This was the worst. As a Diamond member you are supposed to get at least some basic considerations: room type, smoking/non-smoking, high floor, quiet side of hotel, water in your room, etc. When we arrived we were assigned a room that reeked of smoke, contained an ash tray (my wife is allergic to smoke), was on the second floor of seven, and was sitting right on one of the busiest highways that runs into Philadelphia (The Blue Route). The dining area off of the lobby (which was under repair), was filthy with popcorn and paper goods strewn on the floor. Upon inquiring about another room, we were told that none were available. At 5:30am the next morning, my wife and I got up and went home, with all of our clothes reeking of smoke and having had a terrible night's sleep. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!