“excellent staff, corporate customer service was horrible” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“excellent staff, corporate customer service was horrible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

OK...I booked this hotel thru hotels.com, an hour before arriving. when we got there, they had no record of my reservation, and informed me the hotel was full. we had bags of food, clothes, etc and were ready to shower and go out, so this was not good.

we called hotels.com and hampton corporate to try and find something that would help. No luck. we sat on the phone for an hour in the lobby on hold/ speaking to a barely understandable outsourced cust serv rep. to say they werent helpful would be an understatement. they were rude, and eventually, even while we remained calm and never raised our voices or used any foul language, were HUNG UP on, by corporate.
We asked for her name and she refused to spell it. Her first name was Fatima. Fatima, I pray your superiors read this, and fire you.
Hotels/com royally screwed up and had nonstop on hold music and was never a help.
as we were ready to pack back up and scrap everything, the guy behind the desk said " you know, you guys have been really cool about this, and although 99 out of 100 ppl would have bitc#ed me up and down, you havent. So Im going to give you a reserved room"
We were amazed with this guy. Absolute class. We thanked him profusely and gave him a pretty sweet tip which he tried to refuse, but I wouldnt let him.
I had to pay for the room, on top of what I already paid thru hell.com but, it was worth it.

So, I gave these guys 5 stars based on the great staff they had. NOT the corp cust service, which is -20. I am going to contact corporate and do everything I can to have Fatima reprimanded for her horrible service.

Room was clean, everything worked, nice lobby.

Room Tip: book thru the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed for 1 night and it was about 25 min from Philadelphia. Check in went quick and smooth. Room was clean. There is a Ruby Tuesday located on property and lots of shopping across the street (Super Target, Lowes, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, etc.) We ate breakfast the next morning around 7am and there was a nice selection of food to choose from. Overall, very pleased with our stay and will continue staying at Hampton Inns whenever we go on vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Sorry I am a little behind in my reviews…with that having been said…I LOVE THIS HOTEL. No it isn’t a 5 star resort, but it had 5 star customer service. The woman that checked me in was amazing and went well beyond what I ever expected. She gave me a number of tips about the area, told me about their Honors Program, which it turned out I was already a member of. She even took the time to explain to me that I could still apply the stay to my program. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and breakfast in the morning was a bonus. I will be back to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

When I asked for a blanket to use on the pullout sofa I was told that they were out. I then asked if they had anything else i could use like a bed cover or something. The night manager was quite rude when I tried to explain the i was travelling with another adult and did not care to share the same bed. When I pulled out the sleeper sofa, it appeared that the sheets had not been changed. I called the frant desk again, only to get the same poor attitude I got the first time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel is close to my in-laws house and we've chosen it as a base for our holiday trips several times. The staff at the hotel is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The hotel and rooms are always clean. The lobby is cozy. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which is very convenient. Also, there is a shopping center across the street for those last minute gifts (Barns and Noble, Best Buy, Giant's, Target, DSW Shoes, David's Bridal, etc). The only thing they can improve... brewing coffee more often. The free coffee at the lobby is often old and cold.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for my daughters move out of college. have already booked two rooms for her graduation next may. I found it very clean and your standard average hotel, one of the reviews was putting it down slightly, you want better pay $300 a night. the front desk people were actually noticeably extremely nice. there is a Ruby Tuesday practically in their parking lot and a large mall across the street. it is easy driving distance to just about all the colleges in the area (and there are a lot of them) and easy access to all sorts of stores.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Check in
No problems and we were late because of weather at the airport. We stopped to eat 1st and I think we were the last 2 to check in for the night.

Room
No problems and a nice size. The decor is a bit dated and it looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years. Nothing was falling apart but it looked grandmother-ish.

Bed
The bed really wasn't bad at all. It was actually more comfortable then i expected.

Pillows
The pillows were HORRIBLE. They were either so soft they were worth nothing or so hard it was like my head was point straight up in the air. I ended up having to fold the spot pillow like 3 times to get something usable.

TV
It was an old crap CRT TV. The picture was not good at all. Channels were fine.

Breakfast
Regular Hampton breakfast with nothing special.

Overall I'd skip this hotel next time. It just felt unclean and skeevy. No problems with the workers just the hotel itself was bleck.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!