“What's with the wine servings?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Plumsteadville Inn

Plumsteadville Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plumsteadville
Plumsteadville Inn
Rt. 611 and Stump Rd, 5902 Easton Road, Plumsteadville, PA 18949   |
Warrington, Pennsylvania, United States
“What's with the wine servings?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Since the Plumsteadville Inn reopened under new management in January , 2012, my husband and I have come for dinners and brunch. The first thing I noticed about the menu vs. under the last ownership is a more versatile menu, ie. if you want a sandwich or salad instead of the entree and works you now have more choices. That is a good thing. The most glaring and reoccurring problem has been their serving of glasses of wine. There is no exaggeration when I say you may get a 2 or 3 oz. glass of wine. What the heck is that all about? I actually have wavered coming here due to the lack of serving amts. in the wine. I know I am not alone in this thinking since my friends in the area have experienced and complained to me about the same issue. Beer comes in specific amts. The mixed drinks look adequate so what kind of profit is the manager/ owner looking at with regards to wine? I have not looked at the cost of their bottles of wine, but it is clear that the patron is getting screwed with regards to a glass of wine. I would seriously like to know what he is thinking since everything else to me at this restaurant is on par.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Recently went here for dinner. Quality of food does not match the prices. Had cool pasty potatoes and just average chicken marsala with not enough sauce. Noisey TV's throughout dining room. Would not go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Doylestown,pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very average food quality. Prime rib was special on a Friday night. We got there at 6pm and they were out of it. Service was slow and the food was of average quality. Not a place I'm anxious to return to

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had a great cozy family dinner by the fire place. Service was pleasant and prompt, especially appreciated getting new utensils instead of other places that make you keep the already used ones. Atmosphere is lovely for a casual and relaxing evening. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Have been back Several times since the new owners have taken over in January. The food is excellent with a wide variety to choose from. My personal favorites are there burgers, steaks and crab cakes. They also have half price martini's on Thursday which makes it easy for meeting friends especially with live music at night.

The decor is simple and relaxing. Although there are TV's on the wall, my husband and I can watch the games without having to hear them since the sound is off on the TV's. I love the fact that we can watch without the distraction of hearing the tv's.

I am so glad the Inn =is back and can't wait for the rooms to open up since we often have guests come into town. I believe they are expected to open in the fall. Have already been to an affair in the banquet room, which was wonderful.

I am looking forward to some of the upcoming events I hear they are planning such as a future wine dinner. I understand the last wine dinner was a of fun. Going to be a great place for Sunday football with my husband, he can watch football, and I can chat and eat......perfect match.......Good Luck to the Plumsteadville........Can't wait to have drinks out by the fire pit. Wish they would put a TV out there for the MLB play-offs, now that would be perfect for me.......

Room Tip: I did not sleep there or have to travel a distance, so it is in a perfect location for me........
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I recently treated some of the office staff and teachers to lunch to say thank you for all their hard work over the summer. It has become a tradition to go somewhere nice that they would not usually. I decided to travel a bit outside the area. Made reservAtions ahead of time. We waited at least 15 minutes for someone to take our order, after I requested a wait person from the hostess. Food was good, but nothing special. The restaurant was very busy, but nonetheless less there were empty tables. Inhale been there before, but not recently, I wonder if something has changed.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Went today for Mothers Day Brunch. After an hour and a half we were asked to wrap it up and leave because they needed our tables. We spent $400 in less then 2 hours and we were asked to leave. RUDE! When seated we were never told any of the drink specials. Mimosas and Bloody Mary's were on special $2 & $3. Great deal but didn't find out until we were given the check. Food was okay. It was a buffet and we were in the last seating so none of the items were refilled but we paid as much as the first seating did that got fresh servings.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Plumsteadville Inn? Share your experiences!