“"Comfortable stay, clean rooms, great service"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South Hills Motel

South Hills Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pleasant Hills
South Hills Motel
You added South Hills Motel to your Saves list
651 Clairton Blvd, Pleasant Hills, PA 15236   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pleasant Hills
Chicago, Illinois
“"Comfortable stay, clean rooms, great service"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. When we finally reached the motel, we had been traveling for a long time and were in desperate need of a nice cozy/comfy hotel to spend the night at. Luckily, we saw this motel while driving on route 51! The location is great. The motel is very close to a lot of great restaurants. Also, there was shopping mall located conveniently close to the motel. Another reason why we choose this specific motel was because the prices were very affordable compared to the other motels/hotels in the area. It looked like the place was recently renovated. My kids wanted a place with flat screen TV's, so they could play their XBOX and they were pretty excited to see that this motel offered that amenity. House keeping staff cleaned the room very neatly. Overall great stay, friendly service and clean/cozy rooms. If i am ever in the Pittsburgh area again, i will definitely choose to stay at this motel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great motel, staff was friendly and welcoming. Our needs were accommodated. Rooms were very clean. I've been coming to this motel on and off for business trips for the past 5-6 years.The staff here has always been very warm to me during every stay. Recently they put in new TV's which just add to the wonderful amenities they offer including their new and upgraded wi-fi. Overall all of my stays here have been great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

After driving 13 hours looking for a hotel we stopped here at the South Hills Motel due to the advertising. Do not stop, keep driving down the road. Not only did the attendant question why I wanted two beds, one for me and one for my husband, he actually shut the window on me and walked away when I asked about the rooms. RUDE is an understatement. We drove a few more miles down the road to another hotel where they actually welcomed us and wanted us to stay with them. Very bad experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ensenada, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Terrible motel. Paint peeling off walls. Stains on every wall. 1 bar of soap nothing else. Pillows were flat. Much better motels within 5 minutes. I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Not traveler friendly

• Stayed September 2013
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

The billboard on Rte. 51 indicated renovated rooms, so we went in. The owner was beyond rude from the start. The non-smoking room we requested smelled like cigarettes, not to mention the last time the room was renovated had to be in the 80s - and I'm being generous. Beyond this, the blankets and sheets had cigarette holes in them and there was hair in the shower. Had we not just traveled 8 hours there is no way we would have stayed.

• Stayed December 2010
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed there in February of 2010 on a business trip and it wasn't bad at all. I paid about $52 a night and stayed 3 nights. The room was clean, heated, with a working refrigerator and microwave. I can't comment on the TV or free WiFi because I didn't use those services. The staff was pleasant and cleaned the room daily. The motel was surprisingly quiet with quite a few other guests staying at the same time. Compared with the rates I was quoted at other hotels it was definitely the least expensive. Not a luxurious motel, but clean and affordable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to South Hills Motel? Share your experiences!