Stayed here for one night in April 2015.
Here are my highlights/lowlights:
-check in was very quick and friendly- welcoming for sure
-my room appeared in pretty new shape and was nice and clean
-bathroom clean and plenty of towels, paper, etc. The wall/door painting poor. Needs to be redone for sure
-BUT: the water took 5 minutes to get from being ice cold. I never could get it hot
-the water would be somewhat hot then turn COLD. Had to mess with the control and eventually it would get somewhat hot again
-water pressure terrible, and with cold water, forget it!
-ok so I get the hotel wants to try and save money on lights and all HOWEVER the bathroom light automatically turns off after 15 minutes or so with no activity OUTSIDE of bathroom. Well I did not have any dancing bears in my room! Let me tell you, nothing like being in a shower with the door closed and then the lights turn off automatically. Totally PITCH black. Add this with the cold water shower- just a terrible experience! AND I have to say... not that I was showering that long, but between using the toilet then having to mess with the shower water to get semi-warm water, it took a while before I even got into the shower. This was a stupid thing having the lights turn off automatically because from being in the shower it's lucky I did not fall trying to open the door and reach out to wave my hand to get the lights to turn back on!!
-GROSS: two dirty towels left behind on door from previous room occupant
-room work area/surface good with good lighting and outlets
-hotel outside looks clean and in safe looking area
-wifi signal strong and worked without issues
-no outlet between beds/at nightstand- not even behind nightstand. Would have to move bed to get one (not!)
-32" (maybe) TV with with decent channel selection however, not hi-def so blurry picture
-room a/c and high fan speed were both ok did never got the room cooled off enough
-bed very comfortable, all the pillows, while OK, were way too soft
-breakfast good here. Hot and cold items plentiful
-I get this is a pet-friendly hotel, but it would be nice if they kept guests with pets to one floor or one end of one of the floors as there was a dog barking in hallway at 7am. Only pet owners would understand I think
Would I stay here again? Hmmm, maybe. There are many other choices in the area so I likely would pick from one of those. Maybe the hotel can improve these things and make the guest experience better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Brand New Renovated Comfort Inn Wilkes Barre/Scranton/Pittston Airport,offers 37 inch Flat Screen LED HDTV,Microwave,Fridge in each room. Start your day right with our free full hotl breakfast and coffee (available 24 hours) in our lobby. Appreciate the convenience of our on-site exercise facility, guest laundry facility, ATM machine, and business center,fitness center.Located right off Major Highways 81 and 476. Minutes from Casino, Free airport / casino shuttle service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Comfort Inn Pittston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Pittston/Scranton Hotel Pittston
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites-Pittston/Scranton
- Pittston Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Pittston