“Very nice room and all BUT...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Pittston

You added Comfort Inn Pittston to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Pittston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Portland, Maine
“Very nice room and all BUT...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for one night in April 2015.
Here are my highlights/lowlights:

-check in was very quick and friendly- welcoming for sure
-my room appeared in pretty new shape and was nice and clean
-bathroom clean and plenty of towels, paper, etc. The wall/door painting poor. Needs to be redone for sure

-BUT: the water took 5 minutes to get from being ice cold. I never could get it hot
-the water would be somewhat hot then turn COLD. Had to mess with the control and eventually it would get somewhat hot again
-water pressure terrible, and with cold water, forget it!
-ok so I get the hotel wants to try and save money on lights and all HOWEVER the bathroom light automatically turns off after 15 minutes or so with no activity OUTSIDE of bathroom. Well I did not have any dancing bears in my room! Let me tell you, nothing like being in a shower with the door closed and then the lights turn off automatically. Totally PITCH black. Add this with the cold water shower- just a terrible experience! AND I have to say... not that I was showering that long, but between using the toilet then having to mess with the shower water to get semi-warm water, it took a while before I even got into the shower. This was a stupid thing having the lights turn off automatically because from being in the shower it's lucky I did not fall trying to open the door and reach out to wave my hand to get the lights to turn back on!!
-GROSS: two dirty towels left behind on door from previous room occupant

-room work area/surface good with good lighting and outlets
-hotel outside looks clean and in safe looking area
-wifi signal strong and worked without issues
-no outlet between beds/at nightstand- not even behind nightstand. Would have to move bed to get one (not!)
-32" (maybe) TV with with decent channel selection however, not hi-def so blurry picture
-room a/c and high fan speed were both ok did never got the room cooled off enough
-bed very comfortable, all the pillows, while OK, were way too soft
-breakfast good here. Hot and cold items plentiful

-I get this is a pet-friendly hotel, but it would be nice if they kept guests with pets to one floor or one end of one of the floors as there was a dog barking in hallway at 7am. Only pet owners would understand I think

Would I stay here again? Hmmm, maybe. There are many other choices in the area so I likely would pick from one of those. Maybe the hotel can improve these things and make the guest experience better.

Room Tip: NOT near rooms with pets if you don't have one!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

anthony at front desk was exceptionally helpful working with my choice hotels account. Also friendly and welcoming with our kids. We will make a point of staying here whenever traveling in this area.
Breakfast is free and is really quite good. Nothing fancy but completely satisfied our entire family.

Room Tip: we stayed of fifth floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Customer service is #1 at this hotel. Check in was quick and front desk clerk very accommodating with recommendations for dining in the area (Leon). Room was a good size, clean and nicely appointed, very comfortable beds, one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel, and the courtesy and willingness extended by all staff to do whatever it took to make us feel comfortable was appreciated. Close to many attractions and easy access to 81. Thank you very much and we will be visiting again!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Wink100,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Airport hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our customer service and clean / nicely appointed rooms. We are so happy to read that Leon was able to provide you with exceptional customer service. Again, thank you for the nice review and we look forward towards seeing you again soon!
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tony @ front desk went above & beyond anything that would be expected. A real asset
for the Hotel.Problem with the original room was resolved quickly, & we were compensated even though we weren't upset, because it was not the front desks fault.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. Tony is one of our newest staff members and we are excited to read that his hospitality was to be remembered. I will be sure to show him this positive review. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room is large, nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable. It did what I needed for it to do as it gave me a place to sleep when my flight was very late and I was too tired to drive home. The breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear smalltowntravelerPa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Airport hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We strive to provide the best possible customer service experience possible. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi to all of our guests. We hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the comfort inn over the weekend for two nights. I flew into the wilkes barre scranton airport and they had the shuttle there when I had landed. Overall the room was clean. The breakfast was one of the better breakfasts I have had at hotels before. Typically I'm not a huge fan of hotel breakfasts but this one was pretty good. I will be back in a year to visit again and I plan on staying at this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com! We appreciate your great comments. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast! We provide each of our guests with a hot breakfast every morning. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward towards seeing you again next year when you fly into the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Airport.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Located minutes from Montage Mountain this hotel is an excellent value. It's clean, comfortable, and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I've stayed here numerous times over the past year and have never been disappointed. It's definitely one of the nicer Comfort Inn locations. It exceeds my expectation every time. Its within walking distance to Wal-Mart and a wine and spirits store which is convenient after a long day. After all my driving the last thing i want to do is drive more. I cant say enough about the staff especially the manager Eliza who was more than helpful with giving me directions to her favorite local spots for breakfast and nighlife. She is an added bonus to any hotel and by far made my stay at the Pittston Comfort Inn over the top!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for the Comfort Inn Pittston Hotel! It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again during your next leisure trip for the Peach Festival this summer!

Been to Comfort Inn Pittston? Share your experiences!