“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Pittston

You added Comfort Inn Pittston to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Pittston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I love this hotel anytime i have ever had a problem it has been addressed with ease. My husband and i stay atlases once every other week for business or other. The staff is friendly and remember us by name.

• Stayed December 2014
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about the Comfort Inn Pittston / Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Airport Hotel. We always enjoy having repeat guests such as you and your wife because it shows what a wonderful hospitality experience we provide. Thank you for being a loyal guest and continuing to stay with us! We look forward towards seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Thought the Comfort Inn Pittston PA was a gem in the middle of nowhere in October 2013. Well, in June 2014 ... there are truly housekeeping problems there. In the first room, I turned down the sheets to see a hair. The desk clerk immediately assigned another room - better but .. hair along the baseboards and more ... My complaints were taken seriously, but I would rather simply have it right the first time at a hotel. A few days later on the return trip, there was a note on the reservation that I required a really clean room. It passed.

So, in September 2014, on the outgoing trip, I reserved there again. The room was grimy. I wouldn't recommend the Comfort Inn in Pittston and on the return trip, we cancelled our reservation there and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the time to apologize for your most recent stay with the Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes Barre / Scranton Airport. We always strive to provide and clean and friendly atmosphere throughout the hotel and we failed to do so according to your review. I apologize for your most recent stay and please know that your comments have not been taken lightly. We have hired a new housekeeping supervisor and we are taking extra precautions to make sure that this does not happen again. Next time you are in the area please make sure to give me a call and I will make sure that your stay is an exceptional experience 570-655-1234.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

This is a very nice hotel for the cost. Rebecca at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. We were traveling with our dog and Rebecca greeted her with a welcome bag filled with treats and convenient baggies.

The complimentary breakfast was hot and delicious. Real eggs!!! Very nice gym with machines that actually work.

Since we are traveling across country from coast to coast we have stayed at quite a few places and we highly recommend this Comfort Inn.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review about the Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes Barre / Scranton Airport. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and the Choice brand. We always provide each and every one of our guests a hot complimentary breakfast and a warm cozy bed. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Check-in was quick, room was clean, everything worked including wi-fi, double pane windows kept the room quiet, breakfast was above average and breakfast staff was attentive and kept the area clean and well stocked.
Con: the next door bathroom fan was loud and the occupants ran it for at least an hour every evening.

Room Tip: Upper floor was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and everything was great. We provide a complimentary hot breakfast to each and every one of our guests every morning. We also strive to make sure we are providing the best hospitality experience which includes clean rooms and a friendly environment. Thank you again for the kind review and we look forward towards seeing you again in the future!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 10pm. The clerk was unable to use her computer as she had locked herself out and couldn't reset her password, but that I had already been assigned to a room.

When I entered the room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very well appointed for a Comfort Inn. My surprise turned to dismay when I entered the bathroom and found used towels from a previous guest hanging on a hook. The room had obviously not been properly cleaned.

Returning to the front desk, I was moved into a different (upgraded) room. That room was both clean and comfortable. I set my alarm for 4am, and went to sleep. At 1:30am, I woke to a scrabbling noise at my door. It grew louder and louder, and soon became apparent that someone was trying to force their way into the room. I called the front desk to send security, and was told that I was calling from room that was supposed to be vacant. They had re-sold the room to another set of guests.

The clerk that had checked me in had never recorded the room change, and hadn't bothered to even leave a note for the overnight clerk. If I had not bolted my door, those patrons would have walked in on me while I was sleeping in my bed, which would have not been a pleasant situation for either of us.

I couldn't even get an apology out of the clerk when I checked out. She was more interested in pointing fingers at who was to blame. I can't give this hotel a recommendation. The rooms may be nice for the price, but the staff leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the time to apologize for your most recent visit to the Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Airport hotel. We strive to provide each and everyone of our guests the best possible hospitality experience and we failed to do that for you. Please accept our sincerest apology for your most recent visit and know that this is not a typical stay for our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can provide you with a better experience. If you will be in the area in the future please let me know so I can make sure you are provided exceptional accommodations. eliza.carey@comfortinnpittston.com
Troy, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

I travel for business frequently. My barometer is clean, quiet, comfortable., reasonable value. Choice Hotels is one of my favorite chains in the selection process and they are good and predictable. This location has a good value in their rates so made a reservation. And then the issues began: 1/ Could not connect to the internet. Inquired at front desk and said it sometimes happens (maybe weather) 2/ Morning shower at 7:15am - NO hot water (later when checking out at 9am it was hot (?). 3/ Checking out the 'seasoned' clerk said they can not give me a written receipt and I needed to go online to get it. I indicated I needed for the business report and never went online for a receipt and she said she did not know what the rate was. I indicated I went thru the Choice website and upon registration, I initialed the rates.
The front desk clerk needs a class in 'customer service' and get away from the 'I know it all attitude'.
Breakfast was traditional and acceptable.

Room Tip: If you do not need much in amenities (like wifi) or a receipt or water for a shower in the early mor...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear Jcdltravelers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Comfort Inn - Wilkes Barre / Scranton Airport. I would like to apologize for your experience at the hotel during your last visit. This truly is a isolated incident that typically does not happen. We hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with better service and a better room. Please contact me next time you are in the area and we will make sure that you have a better stay with us. - Eliza Carey 570-655-1234.
Pinehurst, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

Walking into the lobby was a negative impression. But it was late, we had reservations, and were exhausted. That impression continued to the elevator with it's scrapes in the trim, the hallway was uninviting but the room was surprisingly well appointed. The beds were one of the best I've encountered, the pillows were also and we both had a great nights sleep. The microwave and the refrig were an added plus. The design of a long countertop for the bathroom sink held all our stuff. But... there was no hot water, the toilet chain broke. With more attention to maintenance this could be a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Eliza C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pittston, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Everyone here at the Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport would like to thank you for your recent stay. We are glad you spent the night with us and enjoyed our location & rooms! All of our rooms are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave which provides a convenience for all travelers alike. I personally would like to apologize that you felt our hotel had some maintenance issues. I have made my maintenance staff aware of the issues and we will be working to fix them right away. We hope that this isolated incident will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns please call me directly at 570-655-1234

Been to Comfort Inn Pittston? Share your experiences!