“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great food, great service!! Can't find a better place to go for lunch or dinner!!! The lobster was to die for, and the service was second to none!

Visited September 2012

Mehoopany
“Great Lunch,average dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

First off the lunch is very good. The dinners are I feel overpriced. The food just average. The place is neat to visit.The beer selection GREAT.

Visited April 2012
“Will be a long time before I return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Went for my birthday to get my free lobster dinner. As soon as we walked in a sign on the door stated "no petite lobsters til further notice"
Well, that is one of the free dinners . I asked our waitress why ad she said its because of the tsunami in 2010. They can't get quality lobsters but I can upgrade to a 8 oz for 12.99.
Ok so I upgraded. when salad came out, it was old and slimy, when the upgraded lobster came out it was tasteless and chewy.
Only good note was the Cheesy Crab Dip. That was awesome.
Unfornutally it will be a long time until I return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Gone downhill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I use to love coopers! But it's been going downhill for a while now. Last couple times I've been there the food was not food at all. The undercooked scallops even for me sick last year on my birthday. The drinks are good though, and the outside deck is nice for the summer. Also, the decor is cool. Wish the food was like it use to be though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Will Definitely Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We haven't been to Cooper's in many years so we decided to go one recent Saturday. We were there early - around 5pm and the place was virtually empty. Service was fast since there were so few patrons.

I had the Cooper's Broiled Seafood Platter; it was delicious. I can't resist ordering a dish that offers several different kinds of seafood. My husband had the Shrimp & Lobster Linguini. The portion was big but he wasn't too crazy about the sauce; he thought it was too spicy. I'm glad we didn't get appetizers because we never would've been able to finish our dinners. We especially enjoyed the small loaf of bread that they served, fresh and delicious.

If you go, I would recommend trying their Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri. It's HUGE and delicious, especially on a hot day.

Prices are pretty reasonalbe considering seafood isn't cheap.

• Visited July 2012