“great experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
BDR
“great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

checked in on a saturday evening. Hotel was easy to get to and looked good from the outside. It turns out that hotels.com completely messed up my reservation, the only thing they got right was my last name. All my info was wrong, and the evening manager didn't want to give away the room to me in case the real Mr "XYZ". showed up. I can understand that, and he found a room for us while keeping the reservation for the 'other' person (whom I am 99% sure never showed!!). I also asked for a 1-day extension to my stay and he easily made that happen!! I asked for a smoking room facing the airport (Im an amateur plane spotter) and he also made that happen!! Great service from the evening front manager, and many thanks!!
The room was clean, fridge and microwave and TV all worked well. Wireless internet worked well. I did not make it to breakfast, but they have a dining area with fresh cookies and popcorn all ready during the day. They had many local newspapers and local info available in the lobby. We did not have the room made up for the couple of days that we were there, but they did offer it and we declined as we're not messy people!!
The only down side was that the elevators had a damp/humid odor to them, but it wasn't that bad; kinda like they mopped around the floormat and it never really dried.
Other than that, it was a great stay, room and parking was excellent and the staff was way more than helpful!!! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montrose, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Park n Fly was great. They took us to the airport and picked us up. 24 hour service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hempstead, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

For starters, this is not a bad hotel. It is a clean, quiet and comfortable and you will get a great night sleep. The breakfast is outstanding! I would stay here again, but I also will be checking out other hotels when I return here for the next Pocono race before I would make another reservation here.

I was in a room with two beds, so this room is designed for families, right? Well, there was one chair and one desk. Very little room to walk around in the room, which is made more of a challenge by the limited closet space. There were only two of us in this room, I can only imagine the difficulties faced by a family of four or five.

Hotel Staff is average. Nothing to make me write a report about great service, nor a report about bad service.

It's a Holiday Inn Express, so you get what you pay for, right? No. I stayed on a peak weekend so my rate was high, but for curiosity purposes I inquired about the rate for a random date in early November, and found that they still want over $100 for this room. This hotel is simply not worth that in a market in which rates can be around the $70 or $80 range. That range would be fine for this hotel, but not triple digits on a non-peak weekend.

Consider this hotel, for sure. But don't commit to it without a little shopping around.

• Stayed June 2009
towanda Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

This was a great hotel to stay at. we took advantage of the park sleep and fly and had no problems. The room was clean comfortable and the staff was great. When we returned from California the shuttle came right away to get us and took us right to the car which was parked securley . The coffee there was great also always fresh and hot.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Yardley, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

My daughters and I stayed 1 night at this hotel after attending a Jonas Brothers concert in Scranton. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and a nice breakfast was included the next morning. We did not use any of the hotel's amenities but they appeared to be fine.
Shortly before the concert, I discovered I left the concert tickets home and Rak, the hotel's general manager, was extremely helpful in ensuring we had replacement tickets in time for the concert. His actions were absolutely above and beyond the call of duty and we definitely averted a major crisis for my girls.
I read reviews about the hotel prior to booking our stay and most were positive to very positive. We did not encounter any of the negative items expressed by some in their reviews (our room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the location provided easy access within minutes via the interestate highway to any area amenity).
Based on our overall satisfaction with the property and friendly staff, and particularly the exemplary actions of the general manager, we would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.
PS - get there early for complementary freshly baked cookies at the front desk!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
fightingturnip
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We stopped here while on a road trip. The staff was wonderful. It was pleasant to be met by a cheery front desk after hours on the road. The room was very clean and well decorated. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was hot and fresh including fresh fruit and warm cinnamon rolls. The stay was a pleasant break after driving for hours and having hours to go on the road the next day. The only slightly down thing I can say was when pulling up the lever for the shower I felt as if I was going to tear the tub spigot off it was loose in the wall. But the shower was good, great water pressure and temperature. If in the area again and needing a room this would be on the top of my list of places to stay!

• Liked — The wonderful staff and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Loose tub spigot which wasn't much
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Very nice looking facility (looks new). My room had a very spacious, open feel to it (larger size than what you will normally see). The room was well appointed (and included a fridge and microwave hidden away in nice looking large cabinet). Wi-fi was good speed in the room (just plug in & go . . very easy & fast).
Only negative I will express was . . . this hotel is in an area that is still being developed and I couldn't find a lot restaurant choices nearby. There's a restaurant next store that appeared to be closed. I'm sure this situation will improve in the future. Although the hotel is near the airport, there really was NO problem with any noise.

• Liked — Large spacious room, nice facility
  • Disliked — Lack of eating choices close by
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport? Share your experiences!