“Very nice, charming hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Omni William Penn Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice, charming hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We wanted to enjoy a weekend stay at a nice downtown hotel where we could walk to most of what we wanted to do including a Pirates game. We chose the Omni William Penn and found it to be well located in the downtown, clean, neat, and service oriented. The staff was friendly, helpful, and pleasant. Our room was neat, clean, and well appointed. We will stay at the Omni William Penn again on our future trips to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Fayetteville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our second wedding anniversary. It is a beautiful hotel. The lobby is breathtaking, especially during the holiday season. SInce the hotel wasn't very crowded, the check-in attendant upgraded us to a suite, which consists of a large living room, bathroom, and a luxurious bedroom. Of course, the rooms are VERY nice, and we both felt pampered. The only drawbacks to the OMNI are the amenities. The pub is overpriced (and nothing special), and for some odd reason, the spa and restaurant were closed the entire time we were there.
But, if you are looking for a little getaway, this is a great option. My husband and I left feeling pampered and relaxed.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for selecting the Omni William Penn for your special celebration! Congratulations on your anniversary! We are delighted you felt pampered and that we could make your stay even more special through a complimentary room upgrade. We will look forward to seeing you back with us on your next anniversary, if not before!
Pittsburgh, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We stayed at the Omni for a mother's day getaway. I booked a deluxe room with double beds. The room was very spacious and clean, though the linens were scratchy for a four star hotel, the bed was comfortable. As previous posters have mentioned the bathrooms are rather tiny, not a problem for an overnight, but wouldn't want to stay like that for a week. We ordered a movie and room service, the service was quick and friendly the turkey club and french fries were delicious. The quality and freshness of the ingredients was very much appreciated and the portions large.

The next morning we had appointments at the hotel spa "The Nail Galleria". Calling it a spa is a stretch, the omni should not advertise it as such, it is more like a neighborhood Bo-Rics. The atmosphere is non-existent and staff were too busy gossiping on the telephone to offer assistance. I had the worst massage of my life, the massage therapist blew cigarette breath on me and rubbed me with jerky quick movements. Then she used entirely too hot paraffin wax as a treatment on my back, I asked her to please not use it that hot on me and she said that is the only way it works. My next treatment was an eyebrow waxing, which turned into eyebrow removal. This technician was very friendly and apologetic after removing half my eyebrow. She called one of the owners who wanted to compensate me with free eyebrow waxing for a month?! I would not recommend this "spa" for many reasons, but mainly the prices are not justified for the atmosphere and service.

Overall, Omni was a nice hotel. Beautiful, clean and good food.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2009
Thank you for selecting the Omni William Penn for your Mother's Day Retreat! We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. Although the Spa is not managed by our company, we know it is frequently used by our guests and will share your concerns with their management. We hope to have you back with us soon!
philadelphia, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Older hotel, but modern rooms, except for the bathroom. Room is of a decent size and has great temperature control. Bathroom is very small, but able to maneuver around for the most part.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2009
Thank you for posting your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back at the Omni William Penn when you return to Pittsburgh!
San Carlos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

The Omni William Penn turned out to be a good choice. A Starbucks in the lobby is a big plus though the Terrace Room also does nice breakfasts. I did not check out their dinner options as I preferred to dine outside. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance and the hotel staff was very good about sharing dining suggestions. The ambience is very nice- clean comfortable spacious lobby with arm chairs, attentive staff- front desk, valet, housekeeping, restaurants- and nice rooms. The rooms are well maintained. Having windows that open is really nice as long as you dont mind the street noise. The bathrooms are perfectly adequate and well stocked. I ended up using both the valet parking and the self parking in the garage across the street. They both worked fine. I would definitely stay here again. I did wonder about a hotel shuttle. I dont think they have one unlike some of the other downtown hotels. I had a rental car so it didnt matter to me.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

A very grand hotel that is showing its age and thats part of its charm. The rooms were large for an older city hotel and were kept very clean. What really makes this hotel is the staff. While the valet and bellmen were not as attentive as the rest of the staff -- spending most of their time talking and avoiding actually working, but this was the exception here. Housekeeping staff was very considerate and accommodating. Barbara at the concierge desk was wonderful.

Initally I was planning on staying at the Hilton but out of curiosity, I decided to try Priceline and I got an amazingly low price on this hotel and yet, I was met with no hassle or attitude by the staff. I had special requests and they were cheerfully met.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

This was our second stay here. Friendly front desk, bell hops and wait staff in Terrace Room. Understand that the Terrace room will be upgraded which is good.
Beds are very comfortable. Valet packing is a little pricey.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
WmPenn, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2009
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your kind comments on our staff. We are very excited about the new look our Terrace Room will have this June! Thanks for staying with us; we appreicate your patronage!

Been to Omni William Penn Hotel? Share your experiences!