“Can't beat the location” 5 of 5 stars

Omni William Penn Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Bristol, West Virginia
“Can't beat the location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We just spent 2 days at the William Penn in downtown Pittsburgh and I can't think of any negatives to say about this grand old hotel. The lobby is a classic and the service was first class all the way. We were given a corner room on the 14th floor with two great views of the city. The room was spacious and modern with a flat screen TV and and electronic safe and extremely quiet.

The Tap Room was a great place to have an evening drink and relax with friends after a day walking around the city shopping and sightseeing. As I said in the title, you can't beat the location of the hotel. It's right in the center of the cultural district and convenient to everything. Parking in any downtown city in America is always a problem and it's no different in Pittsburgh, but while the valet parking was a little pricy at $27 per day there was a public garage right across the street for $5 after 4:00 with a maximum charge of $13.25 per day.

We will be definitely be staying at the William Penn any time we come to Pittsburgh in the future.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and quiet with great views from the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Many thanks for your complimentary review of The Omni William Penn. We are delighted that you enjoyed our convenient location and your time and with us and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Springfield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed there four nights while attending a conference at the nearby conference centre. The room price was reasonable, but the hotel food was rather pricey. The room was great, so the food probably would have been great too. There was lots of old-fashioned charm; the foyer was huge and stunning. Parking was underground and right across the street, not inexpensive, but close, and the hotel, though downtown, was easily accessible from the highway.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at The Omni William Penn Hotel. If your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh, we hope to once again have you as our guest.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights during a recent visit to Pittsburgh. The hotel was a typical Omni. Great lobby, nice rooms, all the details. We used priceline to book and got it for half the advertised rates. There is public parking lot across the street that was half the price of valet (and free on weekends).

Room Tip: Even the least expensive rooms were nice and large.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the Omni William Penn. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will be our guest again soon.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights while taking a mini vacation and visiting with friends.After reading several negative things about hotel, we could not have been happier starting with a very friendly check in,and a very nice room. Although the room was somewhat smaller than some of the newer hotels,this one had the charm that made you feel you were in a different era. Room service was great,each time ,and the food good and not terribly overpriced.Also a pot of coffee and paper was set outside door in the a.m. at any time we wanted.Also used hotel dining and found it to be good as well. Everytime we passed any employee, we were greeted with a smile and a hello. If in the area again,would certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Join the Omni select program for extra perks
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Omni William Penn for your mini vacation to Pittsburgh. We are delighted that your expectations were exceeded and we appreciate all of your kind compliments. We will look forward to your stay next time you in Pittsburgh.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here one night and loved it! Would put this hotel right up there with 4 and 5 star hotels I've stayed at in Chicago and other major cities. Rooms are well appointed and the lobby is impressive! Self park right across street, but we used the quick and convenient valet. Close to restaurants and retail, including high-end department stores. Loved this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011
We are thrilled that you had such a great experience at our property. Thank you for taking the time to review The Omni William Penn on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My son is a student at Pitt. I have stayed at the William Penn many times in the past 2 years and I am always delighted with the service, the rooms, the meals, and the people I interact with at the hotel. I am a frequent guest and when I arrive I don't even have to approach the desk, my room key is ready for me to pick up and I simply go to my room.

Once I settle into my room, I head down to the terrace for dinner, I always have a wonderful meal and when my son and his grubby college friends join me for dinner they are treated royally! I enjoy treating the kids to a good meal and they are always thrilled with the food and I appreciate the tolerant and gracious service that the kids receive from the wait staff.

The rooms are wonderfully comfortable. The underground parking is great. I park my car and walk to the hotel. I am usually packing light and don't have much to tote to my room, so the self park is a good deal.

We/I will return many times again.....I just love the William Penn!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
We are delighted that you have found the Omni William Penn to be the perfect home away from home while visiting your son at Pitt. It is our pleasure to pamper all of you during your time with us and look forward to your upcoming stays over the next few years
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Hotel is in quick walking distance to concention center, ballpark, and downtown buildings. Hotel restaurants are very good, the bar downstairs offered fast service for food and drinks. Superb old world charm all around, Would definately go back. Just remember that down town Pittsburgh is a long cab ride from the airport when planning transfers

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Omni William Penn. We are glad you enjoyed the many Pittsburgh attractions that are within close proximity and we hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Been to Omni William Penn Hotel? Share your experiences!