“very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Mansfield Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (Formerly Greentree Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
fair lawn,new jersey
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for A Steelers game the weekend of Oct. 20th and found the accomodations very acceptable. The only problem I found in my room was the TV. All the channels worked except that HBO had no sound. When I brought this up to the maintainance guy he told me it was the cable and not the Tv, but I wasn't in Pittsburgh to watch Tv so it did not really concern me too much.My room was spacious and clean although a little dated.The bed was comfortable,there was even a fireplace in the room,which I did not get to use,since it was pretty warm that weekend. I found the staff friendly and helpful,and the breakfast they served was very good. The jewel of the trip was Marwyn(hope I spelled that right) the shuttle driver.he went above and beyond the call of duty Picking me up at the airport , taking me wherever I needed to go including to the game and back ,of course,but especially picking up guests late Saturday night so we didn't have to take cabs. I had a different shuttle driver for the return trip to the airport, who was also extremely friendly.I also made some new FB friends with other guests at the hotel. I would definately stay here again, and the Steelers beat the Ravens!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
QualitySuitesPgh, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear jbauerfan,

I want to take the time to thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was friendly and courteous. Most guests like yourself really do enjoy our shuttle as an added convenience as well as our breakfast which is your last impression of our hotel. We strive to continue to meet and exceed your expectations, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Pittsburgh. Thanks again.

412-279-6300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chesterfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel breakfast that was provided to me was truly fantastic. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the hotel employee that was in the eating room on Sunday morning (8 December 2013) had a great personality and had everything hot or cold as required.

The hotel room had all of my needs met. The room, however, looks like it requires a renovation. The walls needed painting and chalking and the carpeted floors needed upgraded.

The bathroom also need a touch up. Overall, for the price I paid for this room, was more than adequate for my needs.

I would have liked a bigger HD TV in the room and would have paid an extra price to have it in my room.

Room Tip: Request a room, on the 1st floor, that has two double beds and a sleeping sofa. It is a bigger roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
QualitySuitesPgh, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Frederick B,

Thank you for posting your response. I am happy to hear that you were happy with your breakfast, and our breakfast attendant. We do strive to provide our guests with a cozy atmosphere and excellent service, and certainly hope that you would choose to stay with us again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Quality suites in Pittsburgh was the worst one i have ever stayed. Being new to US i was shocked to see such a management. Every service they provide (Room, shuttle, breakfast) are hopeless. Internet WIFI connectivity is useless. You cannot even check emails. Even for check in and check out be careful they charge for extra days without receipt. Even i faced it. Any complaints you take it they will not respond anything rather say "Ok sir" thats it. Corporate company employees please do not prefer this accomodation.

Room Tip: No choice. Please do not stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jayakumar,

Thank you for taking the time to post your response. On behalf of myself and the employees here at the Quality Suites, I would like to offer an apology for the inadequate experience that you had. Reading reviews can be disappointing when it comes to not measuring up to every guests expectations but it allows me to be proactive in correcting whatever issue that you had. We have come a long way with retraining staff and implementing new programs which we hope will improve every guests' experience when you choose to stay with us here in Pittsburgh. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The place was great! Arrived later than planned but Nick at the check-in desk was so helpful...welcoming...explained about the breakfast times...assured about daily cleaning service...just a true friendly and helpful desk manager...suite was clean, fresh, and bright. Furnishings were cozy...bed was wonderful...just like home...kitchen was stocked with every appliance needed as well as pots and pans. Thank you Nick and Staff!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
QualitySuitesPgh, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Girlie D,

I would like to thank you on behalf of myself and the entire staff at Quality Suites for your review. It is great to hear that we met your expectations and the front desk agents and housekeeping staff were able to take care of all of your needs and provide you with a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Manager, Quality Suites
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The owner of this hotel clearly does not take pride in this property. We arrived late, and upon getting up to our room it was a complete disaster. There was no toilet paper and on very dirty kitchen towel, the room was not clean at all. There were dirty dishes in the dishwasher and the refrigerator was disgusting. I cleaned off the counter tops and the nightstand before we went to bed. There was a dead cockroach on the kitchen wall that had been there for some time. There were no batteries in the remote for the TV, even putting the batteries in did not solve the problem as the unit was so old. I don't mind older hotels at all, actually prefer them, but I do mind dirty rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
QualitySuitesPgh, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Wendyd550,

Thank you for posting your response about your stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while you were here. Every guest comment that we receive is taken seriously, and addressed whether good or bad. Guest comments give us insight for what our guests expect, what we need to change, and how we can exceed your expectations the next time you stay with us.

The issues you experienced have been addressed with our housekeeping staff, and necessary action has been taken to prevent any future issue that you had with your stay. Without your valuable comments we could not be successful. We hope that you would consider staying with us in the future.

Manager, Quality Suites
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a Steelers game. Dated but the service was great. The young gentleman behind the counter when we checked in was great. He gave us directions and was very helpful both days. The hot breakfast was great. And appreciated since the suites were equipped with a full kitchen.the shuttle was also a plus. We had no worries getting to the game and back. He was also very helpful and talkative. If u ever decide to remodel, get rid of the bedding and start new and expand your bathroom. The room is big enough. Thank you for a nice stay and please let your check in people know we appreciated the hospitality.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
QualitySuitesPgh, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear TriptakerMichigan,

Thank you so much for providing us with your review. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff during your stay. We have been working hard to improve our customer service and guest satisfaction. We always welcome guest comments because it allows us to be proactive in addressing any concerns, and gives us direction on what we need to improve. This also allows us to see what guests like about our hotel, and those things we continue to. We really appreciate you staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

To be honest, I received more than what I expected for the price that I paid, but I came to realize that a suite offered certain amenities; however, this hotel did have some problems. The housekeeping staff didn't dust the top of the refrigerator or clean the inside of the refrigerator even after I brought this issue to the front desk. The housekeeping staff also didn't dust the cabinets. The maintenance man lied about replacing the light bulb over the kitchen sink and about fixing a broken circuit and tightening the bathroom door knob. I knew that the man lied because I left the hotel room for a few hours and returned and found the same problems. I asked the front desk what happened and I was informed that the maintenance man said that he took care of the problem. This was a complete turnoff for me! I was finally able to speak with Lachell Tressler, the general manager, and she offered a 10% discount to me. The 10% discount is still pending at the time of this message. Ms. Tressler hopes that I'd still consider returning to Quality Suites. Since these problems weren't major and that Ms. Tressler was nice to me, I'll return. However, I'd still say that the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff need to be replaced because they do the bare minimum, and if the hotel guests don't know what to look for, then the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff will get away with anything. To my fellow hotel guests across the country, please examine your hotel room for any deficiencies and not just hop in the bed and grab the remote! Please make sure that your hard earned money is well spent! Quality is just as important as quantity!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
QualitySuitesPgh, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Robert W,

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to know that because of our previous conversation I was able to alleviate some of your concerns. The maintenance issue that you had with your room has been addressed with the maintenance department, and is being taken seriously with management since I am working hard to improve the quality of every guests' stay.

In the past, we have had some issues that are currently being addressed. However, I am confident that with guest reviews like yours we can make the necessary changes and work toward continuously improving the guest experience.

412-279-6300

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!