“Actually left & stayed elsewhere; even had 2 level Suite paided for us!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites

You added Quality Suites to your Saves list
Quality Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Mansfield Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (Formerly Greentree Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Actually left & stayed elsewhere; even had 2 level Suite paided for us!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I wish there was a positive to start off with and work into the bad then end with a positive (aka "sandwich approach") but there really isn't. The really sad thing is that me and my family had this suite paid for by a charity for a veteran's reunion, and I wound up taking my family somewhere else every night for the weekend because I couldn't even stand to have them walk on the floor in this place. I called the front desk as soon as we got there to have it cleaned again (we passed guest services as they came out of the room as we were going in) and they assured us it would be taking care of immediately. Then we had events to go to, and came back hours later to find the same filth (dirty floors and beds that weren't cleaned, bathrooms that weren't cleaned, and a Murphy bed that had dust and food behind it! I called again and they said someone would be up immediately. We then had another event, and once again came back and nothing. I went to front desk and no-one was there and a sign on desk that said to call a number because desk unattended. I called and they said no housing services for the night (it was about 10 hours after my first call) and I would be the first room for the morning. I went back and took my family elsewhere. I wouldn't have returned but my military unit's reunion was centered at this facility and I wanted to be around my guys. So the next day when we returned the room still wasn't touched. I went to the desk again, and the new guy said he wasn't aware of what happened the day before and would make a note for the room to be touched. I showed him the pics and said it was unacceptable to expect 3 kids and my wife to stay there and he didn't seem to care. Needless to say, when we returned from the events that night, the room wasn't touched. At that point, we left for good and cut my weekend short. For all I know, that food is still behind that Murphy bed.

The pool area was bad. It's small, dirty, and not kept very well. I looked at the pics online and they are really misleading. What you don't see are the 20-30 foot cement walls on the other sides that enclose this area and have paint over them like graffiti was covered up. The sitting areas around the pool were very small also. A guess that can be said about a lot of properties but seeing the pics of the pool, front desk, exercise room on the website after being there... wow - must be a wide angle shot or some type of focus trick.

We might have had an atypical stay or maybe it was more common then not. But, I know several of my brothers in the unit also had major problems and I drove a one couple to downtown (Pittsburgh) because they couldn't take another night there also.

Room Tip: The 2 Level Suite was really large, but only had one "real" bed and the other was a Murphy...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
QualitySuitesPgh, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry you were faced with issues when the Wounded Warriors Event took place back in June. Several changes have occured since then. I hope you will consider us again if you are in Pittsburgh.

Yours In Hospitality,

Jennifer Yocum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Upon arriving, we were checked in to a first floor room. The room did not even have a lock on the door. In addition to that, there was sticky stuff on the kitchen stools, the mircrowave was not clean, there were spills on the floor in front of the refrigerator, hair on the toilet seat and the curtain were hanging (and not in the normal way) from the rod.

We went back to the front desk and asked for another room. We were "upgraded" to a second floor 2-story room with two bedrooms. This room was probably nice in it's day, but not now. The murphy bed on the first floor had damage and it did not look safe and both bathrooms had mold in the tubs.

We returned to the front desk and asked for a refund then found another hotel. (This hotel actually charges your card when you check in, instead of just authorizing the card like most hotels.)

This hotel is very run down and not at all sanitary. We did not know for certain that we would find another hotel, but felt sleeping in the car, if we couldn't find another hotel, would have been better than staying at this place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QualitySuitesPgh, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you were not happy with your recent stay with us. We are in the process of making changes to better serve our guests. The deep cleaning and preventative maintenance plan are completing around 10 rooms per week. I hope you will consider us if you are in Pittsburgh in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms were beautiful and the landscape meticulous. I was surprised how the architecture of the buildings made me feel like I was in a Resort Chalet instead of only a few miles from downtown Pittsburgh.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad you were pleased with your recent stay with us. Our team has been working hard to make the necessary changes to the property and your kind words prove we are working in the right direction. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Yours In Hospitality,

Martinsburg, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had arrived on a Sunday & the Front Desk agent was really nice. However, when we went to the room (we reserved a 2 Floor Suite), we found that the ONLY thing that was clean was the bed. There was a ceiling fan that didn't work & had 2 INCHES of dust! There were a few lights that didn't work (which I know happens). When we went up stairs & opened the closet there sat SOMEONE else's DIRTY towels, there were cracks in the shower & a whole in the doors to the bathroom & when I called the front desk, the response I got was, "Housekeeping is almost done for the day, but I'll let the manager know." When we came back to the room from a function I noticed that there was glass on the kitchen floor & the floors were filthy. We stayed due to convenience & location. We had my daughter stay at my mother's because I wasn't comfortable with her staying there. I should have listened to the reviews that were already listed!!! Do yourself a favor go elsewhere until they change management!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QualitySuitesPgh, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you were not happy regarding your recent stay. I am the new general manager at the hotel and have been here just two months. We as a team are making the changes the property needs for guest satisfaction. I hope you will consider us again if your are in Pittsburgh.

Cogan Station
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last Friday. We arrived very late and went straight to bed. When the sun came up in the morning and we looked around we were appalled. Coffee left in the pot from previous guests. Sink was filthy, microwave was dripping with spills, the sliding glass doors in living area were so filled with greasy fingerprints it was difficult to look out. The bedspread on second bed was covered in black stains, and the shower surround had mold in the seams. The best part was it appeared someone either vomited or threw some liquid against the bathroom door and the wall. Phoned the manager who was too busy to come to our room. She did send the head housekeeper (who was helpful).
Of course, we were refunded for our night's stay, but I still feel like I need to scrub the filth off four days later. This experience was the worst I've ever encountered in my travels.

Room Tip: Go to the next hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you were not happy regarding your recent stay. I had a scheduled conference call I had to take at that time. We are making changes to better serve our guests. We have started a process of deep cleaning which includes carpet cleaning all of the guest rooms two weeks ago. I hope you will consider us again if your are in Pittsburgh.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Horrible.... Dirty, Filthy.......Things broken, Bulbs missing, Rude n unhelpful staff, on the whole a very bad experience.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your recent stay. We have made some changes this past week of the inspection process at our hotel. This will prevent issues like this to happen in the future. We hope you will consider us again if you are in Pittsburgh.

Whitmore Lake, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I will never stay here again. The carpeting is paint stained. The shower is awful. I couldn't get it to work decently, water flowed out of the faucet and little out of the shower nozzle. I admit leaving later in the day for a wedding but house keeping never did make my bed or empty the trash cans or bring in new towels until I called the front desk. When I returned after the wedding the bed was made and towels were not put in the bathroom, dirty towels were not taken away, the trash cans were not emptied. There is no desire that I could see to offer good customer service. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I do apologize you did not enjoy your recent stay. I have reviewed this complaint with the housekeeping staff so others will not have this experience in the future. Please consider us again if you are in Pittsburgh.

Jennifer Yocum

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!