“Decent reno” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent reno”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Changes to the interior decor are nice, but outside needs much sprucing. The staff were very nice and even changed my fitted sheet when no housekeeping was there cause I found hairs all over upon arrival. There was also hair in the sink like someone had just shaved. Otherwise it was clean and air conditioning was in good working order. The hot water is also good and no issues with pressure in the shower. Noise level from neighbors was bad, so not for light sleepers. Getting in and out of the parking lot (which is actually through adjacent businesses) wasn't easy.

Room Tip: Getting in and out isn't easy as there's no light where the entrance/exit is. Not for light...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rochester, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff members were extremely rude and not helpful whatsoever. My group was the only one checking in at the time but they still rushed us out. They gave me snotty responses to all my questions and were extremely rude in explaining that they couldn't give us rooms next to each other even though we never asked for that to be done. I was so disappointed in dealing with them after check-in that I did not even bother going back to the lobby to ask for the welcome snack which was supposed to come with my room but I never received. Room was clean and comfortable. I stay at the Red Roof often and this is not what I have come to expect from the staff. I will do everything I can to not stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Recently, friend and I attended a concert at First Niagara and rather than traveling all the way home afterwards, stayed overnight. I stayed at this Red Roof last year for other reasons, and I'm happy to say that it is still an outstanding hotel for the money. Friendly service at the front desk, and a clean, quiet and comfortable room. Red Roof isn't fancy, but it also doesn't have a fancy price. If you want luxuries, pay for them at some upscale hotel. If you just want the basics with top-notch customer service at a reasonable price, stay at this Red Roof Inn.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Heredia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

No microwave, fridge, or breakfast, but if you are just looking for somewhere simple, it's really a nice place. Very clean, not a sketchy area, and the room didn't smell at all like smoke! We stayed only one night and made no special requests, so we didn't really test management's competency.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms face outward to the street, and the top floor rooms face inward to a hallway...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I got a King room. No noise complaints here. Clean. No urine stains on toilet. Only complaint is that I had six (at least) hookers knock on my door insisting that someone called and gave them this room number. Not sure if it was a prank by some other guest who was watching from far away.or some sort of scam they do...I didn't order these hookers...last one was around 3am...there could have been more but I finally quit answering my door and slept through them. If it weren't for the hookers, I'd give it a 4 or 5. It's silent, clean, spacey and I can relax (aside from unwanted guests at my door every hour.) There is also a Sheetz right across the street. Don't go to Smokey Bones Bar unless you want overpriced watered down drinks. I think the bad reviews may have been from the cheaper rooms, you get what you pay for. I spent the extra ten to have a bigger bed and nicer room. I couldn't hear anyone else's conversations, if it weren't for the hookers bothering me, this would have been an awesome stay all around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here knowing that this wasn't going to be a 5-star experience but expected it to be at least clean. The room on first appearance seemed clean. But when I went to use the toilet I found dry urine on the seat of the toilet! It was disgusting!!! When we told the front desk, the clerks response was, "Don't get me started on the housekeeping." There was no offers to fix the problem or a new room, or anything. Her comment really had us questioning how clean the room really was. Was I sleeping in clean sheets? Who knows. It really soured the rest of the night and made me feel very gross. When we checked out the morning clerk seemed more apologetic and tried to refund some money but was unable to since we booked through a travel site and not directly with them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Being able to listen to other people's conversations in your hotel room, other people's showers turning on, etc. Place has been redone but needs soundproofing.

Rommel was ok. Greenery outside. Stairway looked a bit unkempt.

No microwave, etc. Given card to get such but...??. Requested first floor room given late arrival, etc. But no response.

Overall, disappointing.
Thought it be closer to airport. Does have shuttle.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport? Share your experiences!