1st this has always been a favourite Hotel of mine( see previous reviews) however I'm adding this review having had to spend a night at Pittsburgh Int Airport.Arriving late on Nov 14( around 9.15 pm ) at Pittsburgh Airport.. I called as usual from the telephone bank inside & politely asked if they had a room.The conversation after 5 mins resulted in the phone going "silent".I was asked which room? and said "any" ( having flown from the UK via Paris and NY and pleaded for the shuttle to be sent round.She said she "just took bookings" and did not know if there was a senior rate,and when I "pleaded" for the shuttle to be sent round she kept asking me what room I wanted..in spite of me saying "any" and agreeing to take the $79 room..She did not sound like one of the excellent staff that man the front desk and I was extremely upset when the phone went dead and hung up!,especially after being on the road for nearly 20( TWENTY ) hours from England.I'm a RedRoof card holder and wanted to stay 4 nights having got in early but next day found a 3.5* Hotel through a discount Hotel seller and went there instead.The Red Roof Inn was one of my favourites and I've always recommended it and still have 2000 points on it,the front desk staff in particular and the Hotel Shuttle Express has always been reliable..but getting hung up on after polite request to take any room and send the shuttle round still upsets me.I'm reluctant in future to recommend this one time favourite of mine and usually stay there once a year after being treated this way and having had to spend a night at the Airport..tripadvisor may wish to see my previous good reviews of this Hotel..
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Pittsburgh South Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Red Roof Inn - Pittsburgh South Airport Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 12 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh and 6 miles from Pittsburgh International Airport, Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport is just ¼ mile from The Mall at Robinson. IKEA, Bayer Corporation, and RPS corporation are all just 1 mile from Red Roof South Airport, while Robert Morris University and Penn Motor Speedway are both only 5 miles away. The University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University, the First Niagara Pavilion, The Rivers Casino, Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh Convention Center, PNC Park and Heinz Field are all only 10-12 miles away. This hotel is within minutes of several great restaurants. When you check in, check out the fantastic new amenities in our Next Gen ® design rooms! The rooms at this 100% Smoke Free inn feature a stylish, boutique design with all new furniture, spa-inspired bathrooms with modern vessel sinks, new comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, plush high-end bedding, modern design flooring, comfortable new seating and a large, flat-screen TV. Also offering Red Roof Inn's new Order Inn program, where guests can order delicious food for in-room delivery. Located just 6 miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport, Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport offers a Park / Fly package, as well as free shuttle service to and from the airport. All rooms offer free WiFi as well as in-room safes. Experience our coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. This location offers “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, as well as pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Red Roof Inn - Pittsburgh South Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.