“2nd time good as the first” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6404 Steubenville Pike, Pittsburgh, PA 15205   |
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“2nd time good as the first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This location is wonderful. The hotel is clean, modern, comfortable and in a wonderful location near lots of shops and restaurants. We stayed here once before and the second time around was just as good as the first. We had the executive king. It's a large room with a very comfortable bed, desk chair and other seating. Lots of lights too. The staff at check in and check out were wonderful as well. The only complaints I have are A) the lights fixtures directly above the bed have sharp edges and I banged my hand twice while stretching. B) not enough towels in the room. Yes you can get extras at reception, but it'd be nice to have more than 2 of everything in a king room and C) the pillows were very hard.
We will stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.Thanks also for the recommendation.I'm glad your second stay was as good as the first. I'm looking forward for your third stay being as good as the first two.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My son is in the hospital in Pittsburgh, and being die hard RRI fans, we decided to check out the Pittsburgh South location because they advertise that they have all new rooms. They were NOT kidding!! The rooms are very upscale for the price we paid, and not to mention VERY clean and comfortable. The bedding was amazing, the TV spectacular, and the decor was very modern and tasteful. I can't understand how such a nice hotel can charge so little for their rooms. I personally cannot understand why anyone would stay anywhere else. Take it from me, if you're looking for a great place to stay in Pittsburgh, this is the hotel for you. Thanks to everyone at the Inn for your hard work in making us feel welcome and wanted.

Room Tip: Request a bottom floor room. They always do their best to accommodate our request!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofInnpitt, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience. It is great to know you enjoyed your stay and like our recent renovation. I will share this with my staff . They do work hard and our very proud.. Your feed back will surely help others with lodging their decisions. Thanks again and look to see you on a future stay
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was one of the least expensive places we found next to the airport that included a free shuttle ... yet one of the nicest hotel rooms.

I admit I ususally go for more stars when staying in hotels, but figured it was for just one night. This room was nice enough to have been thrilled with my stay even if it had been a week.

Small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and safe ... all in-room. Brand new everything done in a very modern decor. The sink and faucets and the flat screen are much higher end than the price shows.

The lady at check-in was also good, professional, and quick.

We will be staying here again when in Pittsburgh. Way to upgrade, Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: It's built on hills, so if you're using the shuttle to the airport and you have a disability...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank You for reviewing our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrades from our recent renovation. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this place for one night in late December as a quick stopover on our road trip. Very good value for what you pay. The room was clean, nicely decorated and service was friendly.

The only negative point I have is that they stated very explicitly in signage as well as when we checked in that it was a non-smoking facility and we would be fined $200 if we smoked (we don't). However, when we got to our room it reeked of smoke. It was so strong that we were worried our clothes and luggage would smell once we left in the morning. Had we not been so tired from driving we would've asked to change rooms.

As long as you get a room that doesn't smell like smoke, I would still recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property as well as the recommendation. Some of our guests have abused our non smoking policy and we do our best to enforce it and return a room that has been smoked in to proper condition. Thanks for staying with and looking forward to seeing you on a future visit.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked this motel after looking on Google Hotels for places matching our criteria. I also saw that it had 4 stars on Tripadvisor.
All rooms are newly renovated and our room was very clean. The beds are comfortable. The heater is a bit old but works great. All floors are laminated so rolling the suitcases is easy. All rooms have flatscreens with a HDMI port on the side, so you can connect laptops etc easily. Our room also has a microwave, coffemaker and fridge, there's really not much more to ask for.

The only slightly negative would be the very small bathroom, and the shower doesn't have great pressure. But those things you can easily live with. We'd come here again for sure.

There's a mall really close, as well as all the big shops (Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy etc) for those who need stuff to stock up on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
north olmsted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was in Pittsburgh from Nov. 2 until Nov. 6 and stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Pittsburgh South Airport location. As always my stay was absolutely delightful. The newly updated and redecorated rooms are wonderful. They are so comfortable, and everything is so convenient. My room had been beautifully cleaned, and everything was in excellent working order.

However, what always impresses me most about the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport location is the professionalism, courtesy and welcoming demeanor exhibited by the entire staff. This was certainly the case on this most recent visit. Everyone made me feel so welcome.

I particularly want to commend and express my appreciation to Ava. Ava's sincere interest in, and consideration for, customers is always so evident. However, I particularly wish to thank her for the assistance she extended to me on my most recent visit.

I am blind and have a new iPhone 5 which I absolutely love. Even though the accessibility features on the phone are marvelous, there are still some features which are much more quickly and easily accessed with sighted assistance. Ava very thoughtfully and kindly assisted me with these features. I sincerely appreciate her help and commend her on her knowledge.

Ava's thoughtfulness and enthusiastic assistance was indeed another example of the exemplary customer care extended by the Red Roof, Pittsburgh South Airport staff. I am very much looking forward to my next visit to Pittsburgh in a few weeks.

Marion Lanham

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

In town for a last minute meeting. Staff nice, room clean, close to everything, including a 3am trip to Walmart, lots of shopping in area. Stayed in back where it was quiet.

Had dinner at a Hibachi restauraht called "Saga" at Settlers Ridge a shopping center near by, we really enjoyed ourselves

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport? Share your experiences!