“Meh. ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown

You added Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown to your Saves list
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Commonwealth Place, Gateway Ctr, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Odenton, Maryland
“Meh. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

That's all I can muster for this hotel. Can hear everything in the room next to us. Wireless is spotty at best. TV quality is poor. How do you not have Root Sports on your cable package, btw? Can't even watch local hockey from your room. Room appeared clean upon arrival and it is in a convenient location I suppose.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Great location to Heinz field for the Steelers game! Hotel bar and restaurant were good too! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet was very accommodating when we left stuff in our vehicle. Overall good experience!

• Stayed December 2014
Bessemer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place is right across the water from Heinz Field! You can't stay at a better location for the game. You have great views of the 3 Rivers, Heinz Field and some fantastic Christmas decorations in the "Fort" parks. The room was nice decorated but a bit small for the price. The oversized furniture made it a bit tricky getting your luggage in the room and the bathroom is a bit tight also, it has a somewhat narrow shower stall (due to the safety rail) I also had a problem with water running on the floor each time I showered, I guess because there was not seal on the bottom of the glass shower wall, so I had to mop up water with every towel in the room afterwards. Other than that, it was not a bad experience and I would stay there again. But beware on game days of the VERY ROWDY visiting team fans!! oh Boy! Can you say quit drinking while you can.... They also have a very nice restaurant "3 Rivers" the food and staff were excellent and "3 Rivers" Lounge is a really great spot also, good drinks, appetizers and friendly staff. Can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, lots of traffic outside the hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Checked in. Came back after work the following evening and housekeeping drop the tstat down to 50! Room was freezing!
They also left a full garbage can on top of a desk. Took them over 30 minutes to come pick it up.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Made a reservation here for Christmas week. Haven't stayed yet, but had a question so I called the hotel directly. It took over ten rings just to get the hotel operator to pick the phone up, and it sounded like I had woken her from a sound sleep. She then immediately transferred me to the front desk. Where the woman asked if she could place me on hold I mistakenly said, "yes." I've been on hold ever since. 22 minutes thus far. This hotel is either horribly under-staffed or staffed by complete incompetents.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
WYNPITmgmt, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Ed, Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday to let us know you are bringing your pet. As you know, we are a pet friendly hotel. I was happy to waive your pet fee due to the inconvenience of your wait time while on hold. If there is anything we can do to further assist, please feel free to contact me again directly.
Bryan Forsythe
Hotel Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

T hotel had a glass shower that you couldn't turn the shower on without stepping into it. It was completely enclosed and the door opened in at the opposite end of the shower head . You couldn't turn the water on unless you stepped inside. I didn't realize I had to pretend I was joining the Polar Bear Club to initially start this shower! Whew it was painful! I thought I was doing something wrong but no it was an engineering flop. The staff was SUPER, the rest of the room was okay, but the bathroom shower a dud. Don't take room 925. You can't let the shower warm before you get in it because you have to get in it to turn the water on :/ what in the world? Sorry I forgot to take a photo. We only stayed one night or I would have ask for another room. I like this hotel just won't take this room!
P.s. The remote needs new batteries.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
WYNPITmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sharon, We are glad to hear your recent experience with us was pleasant and that you would return. We will make sure our engineers double check the remotes in the guest rooms as they make their rounds. With regard to the shower design, we will share your sentiment with our ownership for consideration on our next renovation. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a Wyndham Rewards member. I was told I would receive rewards points for all 4 rooms I booked. I only received points for one. I called and was told I could only get points for 2, so I gave the information for the second room, but still no points have been credited. I never have these problems with my Starwood program. Get your act together.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

If you ever have an issue in the future, please reach out to the property directly, as we can take care of this locally in a speedier fashion. Thank you for sharing your concern and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh.

Been to Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown? Share your experiences!