“How bad can bad be????” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #47 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Frederick, Maryland, Usa
“How bad can bad be????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We arrived late due to construction on Rt. 60, and were exhausted. The food from the previous folks hadn't been cleaned out of the refrigerator, nor the waste baskets emptied, and the man refused to do it -- not his job, the cleaning people do that in the morning. A sheet was missing. There were two towels, two little soaps ... and hair in the bath ...

We put the food in the wastebasket and left it in the hall. We slept late, and had to get ourselves ready for a wedding in the afternoon. The ironing board and iron, which I carried up myself were pretty worn ... actually quite dirty as well.

After the wedding we returned to find ... even after the complaints we'd left the night before ... no one had cleaned the room. We left too late. So ... no towels, the refrigerator still smelled, I had been itchy all day (were the sheets clean???) ... and when I complained again, he gave me rags so I could clean it myself if it bothered me so much.

NEVER will stay there again. There is one in Blacksburg, VA -- which is EXTREMELY clean, all kinds of soap and shampoo samples, kind people who ask if you need anything everytime they see you ... and are friendly!

This one is the absolute worst place I've ever stayed at.

• Liked — Would be convenient to airport, town, etc. w/o construction on Rt. 60
  • Disliked — Service -- there wasn't any, and the utter filth
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

I have not had the worst staying in the hotel in my whole life. There were bedbugs in my bed, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling that something is biting me and saw the little red bugs under my blanket, on pillows and even climbing on the wall.
I got a 10 dollar account, but nobody apologized to me. The reaction of the staff was like it was something normal. I still have those itching bites all over my body to remember the stay in this hotel.
The breakfast was also very poor.

• Liked — the shuttle
  • Disliked — bugs in my room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

We stayed here for one night. The rooms are very, very small, but clean. The rate was super cheap, and the area safe at night. Suburban area with good access to restaurants.

If you are looking to stay somewhere very cheap but clean - maybe on your way to or from the airport - this could be your answer. They also have a special where you can leave your car there while you are on a trip and they shuttle you to and from the airport.

If you are looking for a getaway or somewhere nice, charming, romantic, luxurious, relaxing or entertaining, this would not be a good choice.

• Liked — price, safety, convenience
  • Disliked — decor, size of room
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Harrisburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

The hotel is clean. The rooms are clean. If your staying here in transit to your vacation it should fit your needs. If you are looking for an extended stay hotel for any reason there are plenty of hotels in the area that will do. Me and my partner stayed for 30 + days during an outage at Beaver Valley and I was charged almost $1,500.00 a week with the money they held in advance even though we payed in cash every week. Verry disappointed with the non- English management and staff.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — The non - English speaking staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Pittsburgh,PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

1.Prior flight stay at the Microtel Motel at Ross near the Pittsburgh Airport---we were promised a shuttle flight to the airport while we could leave our car at the hotel for the duration of our vacation. There was no shuttle available from 1:00 a.m until 5:00 a.m. We had to secure a taxi reservation. We did this and no taxi was to show the next morning as no driver picked up the contract. Unfortunately, the Yellow Cab Taxi Co. of Pittsburgh failed to inform us of this very important information. We had to hurry and secure our own parking at the Charlie Brown Parking and pay an additional $51.00. This money must be refunded to us as we were promised free parking and a shuttle.
2.The Microtel Motel was a huge disappointment as the room was dirty as was the bathroom with remains in there of the past guest. This was gross.
3.At the Microtel Motel we were told to expect a new only two year old motel. We found a dirty room and turned down the bedspread only to find a large brown stain on the inside. It was disgusting.
4.There was no safe at Microtel. Because of this when we went out for dinner, we had to carry our most precious travel documents, passports and funds. This caused us a definite level of stress.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — brown stains on the sheets
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
west virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

My hubby and I stayed one night and kept our car parked there while we went to Vegas!! It was clean and the staff was super nice!!I recommend it!!!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2004

We just spent the weekend at the Microtel, Inn. If you are planning to do stuff downtown, it's a bit far flung, but it is convenient to the Parkway. The surrounding area is fabulous if you are into the convenience of Mall America. Tons of chain restaurants and shops.
Target is directly behind the Inn.

The rooms are very spartan. I said they were much like dorm rooms.
Melamine furniture, very small rooms. My husband said it was a Motel 5.
Not quite up to being a Motel 6.

Don't forget anything, the only thing they provide is soap and towels.
My sister was upset about there not being a blow dryer provided. Get a room on the ends since they have problems getting hot water to the rooms in the middle. Not funny in January.

Free shuttle back to the airport is nice. A bowl of Fruit Loops is provided at breakfast.

My take on this experience is that who really wants to spend money on a hotel room in Pittsburgh? If I were stranded in a snow storm the Microtel Inn would be wonderful. I don't think I'll be choosing it again for any other vacation destination.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!