“we loved it and we'll be back!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #46 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
New York City, New York
“we loved it and we'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is our families fave hotel, excellent location next the big shopping center, low price but have free breakfast , room is clean service is excellent only thing we don't like is no ice machine on each floor

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

For a 2-star hotel, our room had charm a window seat and mirrors and paintings to offset the usual drab surroundings. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. Continental breakfast had adequate variety; I especially liked the various flavors of Danish. The in-room coffee (one cup at a time) was not good and they seemed to be very short of caffeinated coffee. However, the hotel not only supplied USA Today but also the Pittsburgh daily paper. All in all, though, an excellent value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cheektowaga, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here a night o our way through pa, thought that it was the candlewood suites. We waited to check in then got the room key and went up to the room or shall we say closet. The room could barely fit a bed in it but the first room we stayed in the window was open and the screen was broken. When I went to close the window there was 2 bees nests in it and now the bees were in our room. We went and asked to be switched to a different room. The next room had a cracked window, the lock on the door was broken, and the toilet seat was completely off the hinge. We did not want to have to come and ask for another room so we stuck it out the night and left early in the am. That hotel is not at all a good one, the rooms are really small, the entire hotel is dirty, the lobby is a joke, and would never stay there or wish anyone else to stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I am not going to waste my time to write a long story but this place is disgustingly dirty, hair and terrible stains on the linens, street is cleaner than the carpeting..we had to go to another hotel because I could not even touch to bed....it needs to shutdown by health department..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

First, we waited almost 20 minutes to check in. There were 8 people in front of us and the the 2 men doing the check in didn't seem like they had done this before. Of course part of the problem was with one woman who DID NOT make her reservations online (who does that anymore?). When we finally got our turn, it took him much longer than usual to find our reservation. We went up to the room and it was FILTHY! The couch looked like they had found it in an alley the previous day and put it in the room. My wife said the bathroom floor was "sticky". Also, we had reserved a queen bed suite and this bed looked like a full at best. When I went downstairs, they only had one other room available which we took. It was much better than the first. Another customer took the room we vacated and we saw him later and he also commented on the poor condition of the room but mentioned that there were no rooms for less than $250 available in the area, so I'm glad we didn't just leave. We have stayed at Microtel's for years and have always loved them, but this one is a dump and would not recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Prairie Home, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My flight was canceled due to an issue with the plane, and US Airways put me up in this hotel. I should have spent the night in the airport-- this place was disgusting! At the front desk, my impression was that the place was small and a little run down. I was quickly checked in by a pleasant East Indian lady. The nightmare started when I stepped in the elevator, which reeked. Not sure what the odor was, but it was strong. When I got to the room, I couldn't believe how small it was-- like a box. I had to search around to figure out the light situation-- there were no lamps or anything, just a bunch of switches all over the place that controlled different built-in fixtures. The TV worked OK. When I finally got the main fixture on, I looked at the one-time-white bedspread which had a big yellow stain in the middle and found dozens of black hairs all over it. On the wall next to the bed, there was something that had run down it (vomit?) and dried. After barely sleeping (all I could think about was bedbugs) I got up and showered to find more of the same black hairs in the shower. I would NEVER have stayed there if I wasn't forced to! US Airways should be ashamed putting people in a place like this.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

My wife and I have had the privilege of traveling internationally, with multiple trips to third world countries. We also are grateful to be Americans that allow full freedom to immigrants - which all of us once were. However, when we took a smelly elevator (vomit?) to the second floor the entire floor reeked of Indian food odors. The housing for the hallway hvac unit was off and laying in the hall, and there was a door off the hinges laying in the hall. The towels were badly stained. In the morning, upon entering the hallway, the temperature was about 40 degrees as they had opened windows to rid the floor of its terrible odor. When trying to check out, the printer did not work and the desk clerk wanted us to wait until the printer was prepared because we had no receipt to sign. We politely said, no, we had to catch a plane. One would think that the comfort of hotel guests is more important than the eating preferences of the owners/managers. We have stayed in third world hotels that were better than this one.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!