I reserved a room at the Hyatt Pittsburgh Int. Airport last week on Priceline.com. I got a great rate--$59--normally their rates are around $200. If you're flying out of the airport this is a fantastic situation, as the hotel is located right in the airport, literally connected to the terminal via a long walkway. However I was just looking for a great deal on a hotel room somewhere in the Pittsburgh area south of the city, and the airport area was one of the regions I checked on Priceline when I bid on the room. Parking is a challenge--you have to park in the long term parking lot for the airport, and try to get as close as you can to the hotel. This is very confusing. There are signs for the hotel parking but they are directing you into long term parking. I kept looking for a hotel parking area once I got into long term, but there isn't any. This is something you need to know ahead of time. Drive into long term parking lot, make a sharp LEFT (don't go straight ahead) and then try to find a parking spot as close to the Hyatt as you can. Then walk into the enclosed walkway following signs to the terminal. About halfway down the walkway you will see the entrance to the Hyatt. If you keep going straight you will walk into the terminal.
The hotel itself is very nice, typical of Hyatt Regencys. Clean room, nice beds and comfortable work space. The restaurant is quite good and I enjoyed my Mahi Mahi very much. Prices are reasonable too considering the location.
One thing to know: if you don't want to eat in the hotel, you can go back out to the walkway and go into the terminal. There are a number of restaurants and bars as well as a Paradies gift shop before you go through security.
One other thing about parking, the hotel does not validate since the lot is owned by the airport. I ended up paying $13 for parking overnight. Not terrible but still need to add the cost of the room.
Overall a very nice hotel with super friendly staff, and good food. Once you understand the tricky parking situation it's a breeze.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport
- Hyatt Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pittsburgh's newest full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story boutique-style hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The Olive Press Restaurant has won critical acclaim for the Chef's crabcakes and our signature 7 layer Chocolate Tower Cake. With 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.