I found the Hyatt Regency at the Pittsburgh International Airport to be below average for a property branded Hyatt Regency, which is not to say it is a 'below average' property in general, only that it falls in such a category relative to all other Hyatt Regency properties in which I have stayed. As an airport hotel, there is every reason to expect a higher degree of expediency amongst the staff. That being said, I was checked-in in literally twenty seconds, the desk clerk mumbling pertinent information at a lightning speed, and then found myself heading toward the elevator as the guest behind me was ferreted to the desk to encounter the same hurried reception. I had heretofore experienced an efficient, but professional and exceptionally courteous check-in at Hyatt Regency properties, and this left me somewhat nonplussed.
My room was clean and stocked with the usual amenities, however there were several differences (at least compared to other Hyatt Regencies in which I have stayed): Bottled water was offered in-room at a cost of $3.50/bottle (it costs $2 from the vending machine in the hallway), and wireless Internet cost $9.95/day. I find it unacceptable to have to pay extra for Internet, an amenity which is complimentary at properties such as Motel 6. Furthermore, other Hyatt properties (for example, the Hyatt Regency at Chicago O'Hare) choose to offer it for free.
I must make note of one cleanliness issue: The rubber floormat in the bathroom was stored rolled up; when I unrolled it, it was still damp and it had hair clinging to it.
For those arriving by car, parking is convenient; the hotel can be easily accessed on foot from the long-term parking lot, which costs $13/day. I do not include this point as a criticism of the hotel as this is true of any hotel with direct access to an airport terminal.
Aside from these negatives, this property is a comfortable place to stay; I only place so much emphasis on the negatives as I have become accustomed to only the highest levels of cleanliness and customer service at other Hyatt Regencies.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport
- Hyatt Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pittsburgh's newest full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story boutique-style hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The Olive Press Restaurant has won critical acclaim for the Chef's crabcakes and our signature 7 layer Chocolate Tower Cake. With 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.