“Convenient Hotel in Pittsburgh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center

You added Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center to your Saves list
Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Lytton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 (North Oakland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My colleagues and I held a board meeting and a three-day conference, including an evening reception, at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center in March 2014. The hotel/staff contributed to making our events successful and our stay a wonderful experience. First, the location is great. Situated next to the universities, medical facilities, museums, libraries, and great restaurants, we had everything we need to satisfy a group of 85 participants. The hotel facilities, including the meeting rooms, hotel rooms, lobby, restaurant were all well-maintained, clean, spacious, and tastefully decorated. The service was amazing… two staff (Debby the Banquet Captain and Cathy Tunon the Rooms Manager) deserves special mention -- they went above and beyond to ensure our conference needs were met and accommodate our changing schedule/menu orders/room setup. The room rates were excellent given the quality. Erin Sharpe, the Catering Manager, was so easy to work with… she responds promptly and is detailed oriented, organized, and patient -- a true professional. We did have problems with AV -- Wyndham's AV is contracted to an outside company which makes it difficult when we ran into technical problems. However, after having AV issues the first day, the AV contractor stayed after setting up to show us how to troubleshoot on our own.

Of the four conferences that my colleagues and I have organized, this was the best and this hotel was the best! I wholehearted recommend this hotel to anyone on business, vacation, or whatever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Your review has made our day!

It is wonderful to receive confirmation from our valued clients that we have indeed accomplished our goal of providing an excellent hotel setting to conduct business, and enjoy the service and amenities which the hotel has to offer; resulting in both a productive and relaxing stay at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review!

Best regards, Coleman
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in the Wyndham with my two sons on February 15th 2014 having just driven 8 hours from New York City so my oldest son could audition the following day at Carnegie Melon for their musical theatre program. The entire ride up was in a snow storm in a rental car and I had gotten a ticket in NYC just before getting on the Lincoln Tunnel for pulling over to clean my windshield etc. and the drive was extra long due to the hazardous conditions so needless to say when we arrived almost at midnight, I was feeling very stressed. I was immediately greeted with a smile and kind words and because the hotel had several functions parking was impossible but I was immediately helped out with parking and taboot my son had a sore throat and since nothing was open nearby, The front desk person, Nicole, went into the back and came out with a role of cough drops. She was so soothing and reassuring it just made all the stress melt away. The Hotel was fabulous, the room was comfortable, clean and inviting and every time I called the front desk with questions such as how to use the shuttle service to get to the college or get a wakeup call or find an ice machine that was working, Nicole was warm and generous. The following day Cathy, rooms manager, was equally wonderful helping us secure our shuttle and return and since the audition went much later than expected she offered a later checkout to complete our absolutely fantastic experience in Pittsburgh and at the Wyndham.

Before going to Carnegie I had never been to the area and didn’t know what to expect. I feel that because of the incredible service we received at the Wyndham my son had a wonderful audition and we absolutely loved Pittsburgh. The staff went above and beyond and we really appreciated it. Unfortunately the storm had arrived in Pittsburgh that day so the drive back was equally long and stressful but we made it home safe and sound.

I want to take the time to single these fabulous people out and to say how much we loved the Hotel and will not only recommend it as well as revisit next year when my other son auditions, but really hope my oldest gets into Carnegie so I can come visit and stay at this hotel every time I do.

Thank You Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, Hotel Extraordinaire!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to articulate your excellent guest experience at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center.

I am going to share your review with our team at our staff meeting, and extend kudos to Cathy and to all involved for delivering the excellent product and service standard which we hold ourselves accountable to.

Thank you again for taking time to write such a wonderful review of the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

What a great place to stay in Pittsburgh. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean, quiet, well appointed and had a great view. I loved being in the heart of the University Center. The Cathedral of Learning was just down the block, I was able to walk to all of my meetings on campus and it was a short walk to the restaurants and shopping on Forbes Avenue. I look forward to staying here again on my next trip to the University.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Your review made my day! Thank you very much for taking time to write it.

We use the word "excellent" often here at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center. We strive to streamline our processes to be easy to do business with, and look for ways to always be focused and centered on our customers. Internally we discuss the difference between a "good hotel stay" and an "excellent hotel stay." Suffice it to say that seeing the title of your review "Excellent Customer Service" serves as an indicator that our efforts are directed in the right areas.

Thank you again and warm regards, Coleman
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed at the Wyndham University Center a week ago and had an amazing experience. From the moment we checked in until the time we checked out, we couldn't have had a more positive experience. The staff was courteous, attentive, and demonstrated a genuine love for their job. Cathy Tunon went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay most enjoyable. We stayed in an executive level guest room which provided wonderful views of the city and were greeted with a warm welcome from Stacie in the private club lounge upon arrival. Although the hotel has an exceptional Pittsburgh location, we took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service during the snow storm and Jack graciously drove us to the Carnegie Museum of Art. We will definitely stay here when visiting Pittsburgh.
Strongly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review of the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center!

I am going to share your review with our staff at our daily meeting today, and extend kudos to Cathy and Jack for their excellent service to you!

We appreciate your business very much and realize you have several choices in the market. We will strive to always be your venue of choice extending the highest degree of hospitality and standards of excellence to our loyal guests such as yourself.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights, while my husband was working at the university. Rooms were spacious and everything was clean. We got to be in the 9th floor, what was perfect for us having a small baby (access to the lounge with microwave and drinks available the whole day long). Wonderfully remolded!! We missed just the sauna (they used to have it but it disappered when they renued it). Location is perfect!

Room Tip: Go for the 9th floor..