“Very impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree

You added Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Holiday Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15220 (Formerly Clarion Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I understand the location was newly renovated and you can tell—in a good way. Everything had a new appearance. The lobby was attractive and the rooms comfortable.

The bar/restaurant mentioned in the hotel's description is essentially part of the front lobby. An "open concept" design seems, to me an odd choice for a small hotel without a second, more intimate option. But I'm arguably nitpicking here.

The staff I interacted with were all a pleasure. Jenelle at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Surprisingly rare qualities in a postion that shouldn't be anything else. The bartender, Will I think, was a delight. I'd stay there again just to get more of this signature drink he made me.

My only real complaint was the location. Halfway between the downtown and airport may sound good in theory, in practice, it doesn't put the hotel near anything. And traffic can make going into downtown a 30 minute trip. Not ideal.

Pros: freshly renovated, friendly staff, good bar, comfortable rooms

Cons: unideal location

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
William T, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you Liam for taking the time to share with others about the excellent experience that you had while staying with us. We pride ourselves in providing our guests the newest IHG Full Service hotel in the region and, with that the clean, comfortable and friendly service that guests come to expect whenever they stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel. I have already passed along your praise of the staff, including Will & Jennell to the rest of the staff here in order to congratulate them on a job well done. We hope that you will stay with us in the not-so-distant future.
TheissW@CPpittsburghwest.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My group recently held a three day training at the facility. The hotel staff went over and above the call of duty to ensure that our needs were addressed. They were responsive to any and all requests, even to the point of running out to the store to get more batteries when the microphone battery died. The food was excellent each day and was served efficiently and with a smile. I will definitely hold more events here. We felt well cared for by the staff who seemed to genuinely want to be sure that everything went smoothly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you Lori for taking the time to share with others about the recent conference that we hosted. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer, and have passed along your praise to Helen & the rest of the staff here in order to congratulate them on a job well done. We hope that you will continue to allow us to serve you in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The thing that stood out: requested an accessible room. Arrived after 4 p.m. and was told room was not ready . . . they'be been cleaning all day. You'll have to wait until it's cleaned. We settled for a non-accessible room. Breakfasts not included here. After asking the desk clerk about breakfasts, I asked if I'd made a mistake, was the room we got really accessible (it had a grab bar in the tub). No, he said, but let me make it up to you and he provided chits for free breakfasts for two; I wangled those into two days' worth of free breakfasts. No fridge in room; no arm chair. Otherwise, the stay was good. WiFi excellent. Room and hotel newly remodeled, clean, pleasant, quiet. Breakfast was good. Given the rate, we'd stay here again IF we didn't have to contend with terrible traffic getting to this west-side hotel via the Ft. Pitt tunnel, to be avoided at all cost during rush hour. Traffic was not stop-and-go: it was just STOP.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ask for.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
William T, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us recently, and I would like to take this moment to apologize for the experience that you had while staying with us. We always try to have as many rooms available to checkin by 3pm, however when a specific request or room is asked, sometimes there are occasions that the rooms are still being cleaned after 3pm. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with the alternative room, and the breakfasts that I was happy to let you wrangle. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Pittsburgh!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My room was clean and well decorated, but the shining star of this hotel is the staff! Jay at the front desk is friendly, and professional job. A great find for the hotel, incredible customer service.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you Ms Long for taking the time to share with others here about your fabolus experience here at the Crowne Plaza. It was a pleasure talking to you the other day, and thank you again for your positive comments that I have shared with Jay and the rest of the staff here to congratulate them on a job well done. We hope that you will continue to go past your company's per diem and see why we are quickly becoming one of the best kept secrets here in Pittsburgh!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed with my daughter while visiting Pitt. The Crowne Plaza was clean with a good sized room. Jay the night clerk was super helpful. Breakfast is provided. I would stay here again. I stayed with my daughter while visiting Pitt. The Crowne Plaza was clean with a good sized room. Jay the night clerk was super helpful. Breakfast is provided. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
William T, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you Jeff for taking the time to share with others about your recent stay here in Pittsburgh. We are honored that you thought so highly of us and have passed along your praise of Jay & the hotel to the rest of the staff here to congratulate them on a job well done. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town! (and don't forget, we do offer discounts to PITT Parents)
Tionesta, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although the decor was nice in the rooms, it was still sightly shabby. Our first room the light fixture was falling out of the wall. We changed rooms about 15 minutes after arriving. There was construction going on the entire time directly below our room. The ac was so loud it was almost intolerable. There was no mini fridge, I thought this was odd. I also found a staple in the sheets of the bed. Which makes me wonder about the overall cleanliness of the beds. I did not go to the bar, therefore I can't comment on that portion of the hotel. On a positive note, the shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water. I would most likely choose a different hotel next time I am in town for business.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay here at the newly opened Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West. I would like to personally apologize that your stay with us was not a Excellent stay. We have finished up the majority of our construction, however there are moments that the contracting crews can overlook and disappointed that your stay was affected by this. We never want to have a guest leave us unhappy and if you could contact me, I would love to give you another opportunity on showing you why we are one of the best kept secrets here in Pittsburgh!
412-922-8100 x195
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We travel through Pittsburgh regularly but this was our first stay here and we had a great time. The room is nice and the amenities are a good value. The lobby is great and while limited beverage-wise, the restaurant actually had really great food (you have to try the fries!). We enjoyed our stay it was quiet, clean, and convenient.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
William T, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you Bryan for staying with us on your recent stay. I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the room and your liking of our Loaded Fries at Bistro 401. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time your travels brings you back to the area!
TheissW@CPpittsburghwest.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree? Share your experiences!