“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Clarion, PA, United States
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

King size bed was very comfortable and room very clean. No noise whatsoever and we were very close to the elevator. Shuttle service provided. When the soda machine did not give me water, the front desk gave me a free water and refunded the $2.00.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Starla P,
I am glad you enjoyed a comfortable and clean room while staying with us. Sorry the vending machine malfunctioned, but I am glad to hear the front desk was able to provide you with a refund. Thanks for staying with us!

Dayton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was extremely comfortable for business travel. Rooms were pristine and well arranged. The quality of breakfast and amenities was good. The location was very convenient to downtown Pittsburgh, allowing us to conduct business without the higher cost of a hotel in the heart of downtown.

Susan P,
I am glad that our hotel was able to offer you a comfortable stay at a great value! I hope you will stay with us the next time your business brings you to Pittsburgh!
Hampton Inn/Pittsburgh/Greentree, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

College Football weekend. Staff was very accommodating and shuttle to downtown area by stadiums great. TV connection not as good. Very clean . Safe , well lit area. Would stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Beverlie B,
It is great to hear that you would stay with us again! I hope you enjoyed the football game you were in town for. We did have the issue with our cable equipment fixed, so the next time you stay with us you will not encounter the same issue. We hope to see you again soon!
Rocky Mount, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Front
Desk personnel were extremely rude. Would not honor any Corporate Discounts, AAA, or AARP and did not even acknowledge I was a Diamond Member of the Hilton Group.
Rooms were nasty. Also morning personnel came in and ate breakfast in front of guest. Both were very rude and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. No restaurants nearby.

Afternoon personnel after 330PM were nice and helpful, but I would still never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Doubletree a few blocks away if you have to stay at all.
JEB985,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our discounted rates like AAA and AARP are subject to availability and I am sorry if one was not available the night you stayed with us. I am also sorry to hear that your room was “nasty”. I hope you reported the issue so we can make sure it was addressed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
jefferson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

water wouldnt drain in sink or shower had to prop something under stoppers to drain beds were to stiff had hard time sleeping way out of the way of things felt like i was in the woods for the price way to much money we paid never stay there again, good resturants were way out of the way

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Kenneth I,
I am sorry to hear that you did not find the beds comfortable. That is not the usual feedback that we hear regarding the comfort of the beds and I would like to know which room you slept in so we can have the mattresses changed if needed. I also hope that you reported the maintenance issue regarding the tub and sink drain so that was fixed before it could affect another guest. Please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure all the issues have been resolved.
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my second time staying at this Hampton Inn in Pittsburgh/Greentree. I found it as before very accommodating. The ease of making reservations by telephone was better then doing it online.The person at the front desk was very helpful and also gave us a nice room rate for our stay. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast that was served that morning was excellent. Better then you would get at some restaurants. The shuttle service and the shuttle driver (Doug) was wonderful. He got us into Pittsburgh with no delays and picked us up at the time he said he would and got us back to our room safely after the event. Great place to stay and shuttle service while in the Pittsburgh area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danny214
Danny214,
Thank you for staying with us again! I know you have many choices in the Pittsburgh area and I am so glad you returned to the Hampton Inn Greentree. Our breakfast hostess and van drivers work really hard to make our guest’s comfortable. I am glad that you noticed their efforts! We hope to see you again soon!
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Will stay there again on my next drive through. Was clean and modern decor. Omlette's at breakfast were kinda gross tasting. Entry to rooms are a little tight. Love the 24hr hot beverage station. Staff were polite and smiled (that means alot to me).

Lise A,
It is great to hear that you would stay with us again! I am sorry you didn’t enjoy the omelets, but I hope you were able to find something you did enjoy. Thanks for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon!