“Great hotel just outside of downtown” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Beamsville, Canada
“Great hotel just outside of downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Staying at this hotel was a fine experience. The staff and shuttle service were very accommodating. A great hotel to stay at if you do not want to stay downtown. The hotel is situated in a quite neighbourhood. Commute to downtown fluctuates considerably, so be aware of the time you leave the hotel. One downside, is that there is not much to do around the hotel (i.e. eating, shopping, etc.). Again, it is close enough to downtown that this is not too much of an issue. There just isn't anything within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Harry S,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were happy with the location of the hotel. I agree that we are a great option for guests that want to be close to town but not in town. I am glad that the shuttle was able to assist you in getting around Pittsburgh. I know not having restaurants and shopping in walking distance is not ideal but in addition to being a close drive to downtown there are many restaurants within a few minutes drive of the hotel as well as many options that deliver. I hope we will see you again the next time you are in Pittsburgh!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Frostburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel was lovely and clean, staff very helpful. I loved the always-available and free coffee and tea, lemonade and cookies. Pool was very nice too, and the location was perfect for being near, but not right in, Pittsburgh.
Best (free) breakfast anywhere!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
marym21532,
I am so happy to hear that you found your stay with us enjoyable! I am glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast and 24 hour coffee and tea service. We want all of our guests to feel they received a good value and great service! Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked a block of rooms for my wedding this past weekend.We booked this hotel over the hilton Doubletree because we were offered a shuttle to and from the reception which was 3 miles away. I know there was several misunderstandings and miscommunications when several guests booked rooms and weren't given the group rate right away. Everything worked out, the shuttle was great, and the problems were dealt with in a timely manner. I would like to thank all of the staff for being so accommodating to our guests. Especially Bob who worked the desk at night and who was especially helpful and willing to let our guests stick around in the welcome area after the wedding. All around great stay!

Sunchic11,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Greentree for your out of town wedding guests. I am glad that the booking issues were resolved in a timely manner, and your guests were able to take advantage of the shuttle for the reception. Congratulations on your marriage, and we are glad we could be a part of it!
Drexel Hill, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because the bride and groom of the wedding we were in town for had reserved a block of rooms for the guests there. I wasn't expecting much out of a Hampton Inn; just a simple, basic hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised by the updated decor in the lobby and room. Although I didn't like the elliptical I used in the gym or the look of any of the other cardio machines (very old, clunky, and outdated compared to what I'm used to at my gym), I did like the variety of equipment available at the gym, especially the medicine and stability balls. The staff was super friendly and helpful with great information and recommendations for out of towners.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Kerian A,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations for a Hampton Inn. We will definitely take your comments regarding the fitness center into consideration. Thanks for staying with us!
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Would and will advocate staying at this facility. Room was very clean entire staff was Above and beyond expectations, Very professional and accomodating. My family was experiencing a medical family emergency and the thoughtfulness and service given to me was outstanding. Thank you to the entire staff. i was given every consideration from the desk and shuttle van staff, As a high mile traveler with mega hotel stays I rate my stay here as one of the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Karen L,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We enjoyed having you, and I am glad we were able to make your difficult time a little easier. I hope the next time we see you it will be under happier circumstances!
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend for the Pittsburgh 1/2 Marathon and it was a great location! By the time we decided to get a hotel room, the rooms in the city were sold out. Driving to the city and parking at the convention center was convenient! Staff at the hotel were friendly and the rooms were clean and comfy. Would definitely recommend!

Travellgrrrl,
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and congratulations on running the ½ marathon! I am glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I hope you will stay with us again next year if you decide to run in Pittsburgh!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just stayed here for 4 nights from 4/29 to 5/3: and while it is not a luxury resort witb a ton of amenities, it is a clean hotel with a friendly service. The breakfast buffet was a surprise. Over the 4 mornings they offerred omelettes, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, kibalsie, waffles, cereals, fruit, bagels, oatmeal with juices, coffee or tea. Monday to wednesday they offered happy hour from 5 to 7 with beer,wine and finger foods. They also have a free shuttle that will take you into the city and surronding area. The room was good and big enough for two. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
SmilinRon9,
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We want all of our guests to enjoy a clean and comfortable room and friendly service at a great value. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree? Share your experiences!