“Great service, wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great service, wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great service, very helpful front desk, have directions to most places, shops, etc printed and ready for customers. Nice variety at breakfast and well planed albeit the renovations. Will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
SeniorBuyer,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do our best to anticipate all of our guests needs. I am glad the directions were helpful for you. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Stratford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Background: I made a reservation for 2 nights directly with this hotel as it was in a good location for business in Pittsburgh and close enough to the airport. Also, I was not getting a car and they provided a shuttle within a 5 mile radius. The hotel lobby was under renovation and the hotel did disclose this prior to taking the reservation. they did state the work would not begin until 10am so as not to interfere with the comfort of guests. I also requested a room at the end of the hall as I do not like to be near the elevator. Also, I requested and received confirmation, that I could have a 3:00 checkout as an AARP member.
What happened:
The bad: I was put in a room by the elevator. The good: they corrected it, though they said this was not noted in the reservation.
The bad: they said they knew nothing about a 3:00 checkout, even though I had email confirmation from a member of their staff (not with me unfortunately). The good: they gave me a 2:00 checkout.
The first morning, drilling began right under my 2nd floor room at 9:00am, vibrating the floor underneath. Had I expected this, I would have arranged to be gone before it began. The good: they comped the cost if the room for one night.
The bad: the shuttle was supposed to be running on the hour. I reserved a spot as requested and 20 minutes later than the hour, no one was there and they didn't have my name on his list. The good: the driver was as accommodating as he could be.
The bad: The temperature control did not work properly. It was too hot, even whe. I turned the temp down to 58 degrees. The button to leave the fan on didn't work and the constant on and off of the unit kept me awake half the night, both nights. The good: nothing good about not sleeping.

I did find the staff trying to accommodate, even though communication left something to be desired.

Debra G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Feedback like yours shows us areas where we can improve. Your feedback will be used so other guests do not experience the same issues you did. I hope you will stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort!
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We routinely stay at Hampton Inns. Our room here was very clean and all the linens seemed to be new, including towels, washcloths, etc. Our room was freshened very nicely each morning. That being said, we did have a couple issues. The lobby/breakfast area is being remodeled, which wouldn't bother us at all; however, we went for breakfast the first morning....the urn of hot water for tea was warm, not hot. I chose an English muffin and it was stale and hard....even for an English muffin. We decided to eat breakfast out and didn't bother checking it out on subsequent mornings. I do think the breakfast staff were at a disadvantage due to the ongoing construction. The breakfast is in a temporary location and I'm sure it's harder for them to maintain their usual high standards of a hot breakfast when they have to lug it halfway down a hall. We also had a barking dog in a room across from us. We were on an upper floor, so the dog had been brought in without the knowledge of the hotel staff. It was left alone in the room for quite some time. To Hampton's credit and the person on desk duty that night, they did graciously comp our room that night to make up for the barking dog.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
mizz0um0m,
I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay with us. While the removed location of the temporary breakfast is harder to maintain, it should not have an effect on the quality of your breakfast experience, and I am sorry for that. I also apologize for the dog barking in the room next to you. We assign any rooms with pets to the first floor if possible, but it seems like the pet owner did not notify us that they had a pet in their room. I am glad the agent was able to offer you the 100% satisfaction guarantee to resolve that issue for you. I hope you are stay with us again when our renovations have been complete so you can enjoy our new lobby and breakfast area.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

They are in the process of renovating this Hampton Inn. They have a couple of first floor rooms that they've turned into a seating area and bathroom while the construction is going on. I had a package delivered to the front desk and they called and let me know as soon as it was delivered. This hotel is very nice and in a safe/quiet area. The room was clean and the daily breakfast was delicious.

WesleaBrooke,
I am glad to hear that our lobby renovations did not disrupt your stay with us and you were still able to enjoy our hot breakfast. We tried to make this transition as easy as possible with our renovation station rooms with snacks and waters, as well as sitting and working spaces. I can’t wait for our guests to be able to enjoy our new lobby and breakfast area!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

IMHO.. This hotel is a great Value and is in a great location...
The hotel staff are expedient and friendly...check-in occurred w/o incident.
The Facilities... & our room was very clean... there were no incidents or complaints here as well. The room was comfortable and the bed and linens were very conducive to sleep...
There is a very nice Free Breakfast w/Hot foods as well as the usual continental fare...
The Coffee in room and in the lobby is very good.
The hotel does provide shuttle services... the parking is free by the way...
There are ample restaurants, and activities close to this hotel... as it is only a 5 min ride thru the Ft. Pitt tunnell to downtown pittsburgh.
I have stayed here several times... & would recommend this to any traveler.

Jugajim

Room Tip: Ask for King bed Room... if it applies...the bed was comfortable and linens were very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
James M,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. A clean room and a hot breakfast are things that we want all of our guests to enjoy, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle as well. The next time you visit us, we may look a little different to you because we are having our lobby area renovated, so you will have an even better experience while staying with us. Hope to see you again soon!
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of my many trips to Pittsburgh and this hotel has a great value and top notch service. The rooms are always clean, the front desk employees are always thorough, polite and knowledgeable. The daily breakfast changes some menu items daily. I haven't used the shuttle service but sitting in the lobby at night heard the front desk employee and the hotel guests getting rides all over Pittsburgh. The rrooms are quiet and the beds extremely comfortable. The only thing that should change was the noisy air conditioning compressor that was a bit noisy. I was surprised because I wasn't even running it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Wyobob,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Greentree. I am sorry to hear that the noise from the heating unit disturbed you, and you will be happy to know we are in the process of upgrading all of our HVAC to a quieter model. We hope this upgrade will improve the quality of stay for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We come to Greentree area every year to visit my aunt and we always try to call far enough in advance to be able to stay here-----top on my list is CLEAN -- I check over the room and mattresses for any evidence of bugs-----they do an OUTSTANDING job here---the rooms are spotless, the dark green carpeting thoroughly vacuumed, the bathrooms squeaky clean (stocked with extra towels)---we get a great night sleep in the comfy beds and the hotel must have great insulation for you can't hear other doors closing or folks walking in the halls., I can't say enough for this establishment but I need to add that they staff from the front desk to the breakfast buffet worker and cleaning staff not only do a great job but they are friendly and helpful. The rooms now have a small frig and microwave which are very nice touches. See you all next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
MichiganderMom,
I am so glad that you have returned to stay with us again this year! Thank you for recognizing the staff members. They work very hard to make sure our guests are in a clean comfortable room, enjoy a hot fresh breakfast, and experience friendly service. I am glad this is why you chose to come back and stay with us every year. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree? Share your experiences!