“Mixed Review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
“Mixed Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We routinely stay at Hampton Inns. Our room here was very clean and all the linens seemed to be new, including towels, washcloths, etc. Our room was freshened very nicely each morning. That being said, we did have a couple issues. The lobby/breakfast area is being remodeled, which wouldn't bother us at all; however, we went for breakfast the first morning....the urn of hot water for tea was warm, not hot. I chose an English muffin and it was stale and hard....even for an English muffin. We decided to eat breakfast out and didn't bother checking it out on subsequent mornings. I do think the breakfast staff were at a disadvantage due to the ongoing construction. The breakfast is in a temporary location and I'm sure it's harder for them to maintain their usual high standards of a hot breakfast when they have to lug it halfway down a hall. We also had a barking dog in a room across from us. We were on an upper floor, so the dog had been brought in without the knowledge of the hotel staff. It was left alone in the room for quite some time. To Hampton's credit and the person on desk duty that night, they did graciously comp our room that night to make up for the barking dog.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
mizz0um0m,
I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay with us. While the removed location of the temporary breakfast is harder to maintain, it should not have an effect on the quality of your breakfast experience, and I am sorry for that. I also apologize for the dog barking in the room next to you. We assign any rooms with pets to the first floor if possible, but it seems like the pet owner did not notify us that they had a pet in their room. I am glad the agent was able to offer you the 100% satisfaction guarantee to resolve that issue for you. I hope you are stay with us again when our renovations have been complete so you can enjoy our new lobby and breakfast area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

They are in the process of renovating this Hampton Inn. They have a couple of first floor rooms that they've turned into a seating area and bathroom while the construction is going on. I had a package delivered to the front desk and they called and let me know as soon as it was delivered. This hotel is very nice and in a safe/quiet area. The room was clean and the daily breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WesleaBrooke,
I am glad to hear that our lobby renovations did not disrupt your stay with us and you were still able to enjoy our hot breakfast. We tried to make this transition as easy as possible with our renovation station rooms with snacks and waters, as well as sitting and working spaces. I can’t wait for our guests to be able to enjoy our new lobby and breakfast area!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

IMHO.. This hotel is a great Value and is in a great location...
The hotel staff are expedient and friendly...check-in occurred w/o incident.
The Facilities... & our room was very clean... there were no incidents or complaints here as well. The room was comfortable and the bed and linens were very conducive to sleep...
There is a very nice Free Breakfast w/Hot foods as well as the usual continental fare...
The Coffee in room and in the lobby is very good.
The hotel does provide shuttle services... the parking is free by the way...
There are ample restaurants, and activities close to this hotel... as it is only a 5 min ride thru the Ft. Pitt tunnell to downtown pittsburgh.
I have stayed here several times... & would recommend this to any traveler.

Jugajim

Room Tip: Ask for King bed Room... if it applies...the bed was comfortable and linens were very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
James M,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. A clean room and a hot breakfast are things that we want all of our guests to enjoy, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle as well. The next time you visit us, we may look a little different to you because we are having our lobby area renovated, so you will have an even better experience while staying with us. Hope to see you again soon!
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of my many trips to Pittsburgh and this hotel has a great value and top notch service. The rooms are always clean, the front desk employees are always thorough, polite and knowledgeable. The daily breakfast changes some menu items daily. I haven't used the shuttle service but sitting in the lobby at night heard the front desk employee and the hotel guests getting rides all over Pittsburgh. The rrooms are quiet and the beds extremely comfortable. The only thing that should change was the noisy air conditioning compressor that was a bit noisy. I was surprised because I wasn't even running it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Wyobob,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Greentree. I am sorry to hear that the noise from the heating unit disturbed you, and you will be happy to know we are in the process of upgrading all of our HVAC to a quieter model. We hope this upgrade will improve the quality of stay for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We come to Greentree area every year to visit my aunt and we always try to call far enough in advance to be able to stay here-----top on my list is CLEAN -- I check over the room and mattresses for any evidence of bugs-----they do an OUTSTANDING job here---the rooms are spotless, the dark green carpeting thoroughly vacuumed, the bathrooms squeaky clean (stocked with extra towels)---we get a great night sleep in the comfy beds and the hotel must have great insulation for you can't hear other doors closing or folks walking in the halls., I can't say enough for this establishment but I need to add that they staff from the front desk to the breakfast buffet worker and cleaning staff not only do a great job but they are friendly and helpful. The rooms now have a small frig and microwave which are very nice touches. See you all next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
MichiganderMom,
I am so glad that you have returned to stay with us again this year! Thank you for recognizing the staff members. They work very hard to make sure our guests are in a clean comfortable room, enjoy a hot fresh breakfast, and experience friendly service. I am glad this is why you chose to come back and stay with us every year. We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here for one night and wish I was able to stay longer. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and nice. The service was phenomenal! On the checkout day my brother had an interview so he had the car...I wanted to get lunch somewhere nearby and asked if i could walk anywhere. There were plenty of places within walking distance but the kind shuttle driver offered to drop me off and pick me up wherever I wanted to go. And I didn't even have to ask. Great place, thank you Hampton Inn...i will be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Noworries171,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our shuttle drivers are always looking for ways to help out our guests. I am glad he was able to assist you! We look forward to seeing you again, and we hope your brother’s interview went well!
Frackville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a weekend. This place is top notch and the service was impeccable! From the staff, breakfast, shuttle and amenities, we would recommend this to anyone. From the no-hitter Friday to us leaving Sunday, Hampton Inn Greetree made us feel welcomed!

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the end.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Travelinggolfer_1,
I am so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to take advantage of our hot breakfast and shuttle service to the Pirates game! We hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh! Thank you for staying with us!

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree? Share your experiences!