“Great Value & Location...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #9 of 54 hotels in Pittsburgh
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great Value & Location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

IMHO.. This hotel is a great Value and is in a great location...
The hotel staff are expedient and friendly...check-in occurred w/o incident.
The Facilities... & our room was very clean... there were no incidents or complaints here as well. The room was comfortable and the bed and linens were very conducive to sleep...
There is a very nice Free Breakfast w/Hot foods as well as the usual continental fare...
The Coffee in room and in the lobby is very good.
The hotel does provide shuttle services... the parking is free by the way...
There are ample restaurants, and activities close to this hotel... as it is only a 5 min ride thru the Ft. Pitt tunnell to downtown pittsburgh.
I have stayed here several times... & would recommend this to any traveler.

Jugajim

Room Tip: Ask for King bed Room... if it applies...the bed was comfortable and linens were very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
James M,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. A clean room and a hot breakfast are things that we want all of our guests to enjoy, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle as well. The next time you visit us, we may look a little different to you because we are having our lobby area renovated, so you will have an even better experience while staying with us. Hope to see you again soon!

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of my many trips to Pittsburgh and this hotel has a great value and top notch service. The rooms are always clean, the front desk employees are always thorough, polite and knowledgeable. The daily breakfast changes some menu items daily. I haven't used the shuttle service but sitting in the lobby at night heard the front desk employee and the hotel guests getting rides all over Pittsburgh. The rrooms are quiet and the beds extremely comfortable. The only thing that should change was the noisy air conditioning compressor that was a bit noisy. I was surprised because I wasn't even running it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Wyobob,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Greentree. I am sorry to hear that the noise from the heating unit disturbed you, and you will be happy to know we are in the process of upgrading all of our HVAC to a quieter model. We hope this upgrade will improve the quality of stay for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!
Wyoming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We come to Greentree area every year to visit my aunt and we always try to call far enough in advance to be able to stay here-----top on my list is CLEAN -- I check over the room and mattresses for any evidence of bugs-----they do an OUTSTANDING job here---the rooms are spotless, the dark green carpeting thoroughly vacuumed, the bathrooms squeaky clean (stocked with extra towels)---we get a great night sleep in the comfy beds and the hotel must have great insulation for you can't hear other doors closing or folks walking in the halls., I can't say enough for this establishment but I need to add that they staff from the front desk to the breakfast buffet worker and cleaning staff not only do a great job but they are friendly and helpful. The rooms now have a small frig and microwave which are very nice touches. See you all next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
MichiganderMom,
I am so glad that you have returned to stay with us again this year! Thank you for recognizing the staff members. They work very hard to make sure our guests are in a clean comfortable room, enjoy a hot fresh breakfast, and experience friendly service. I am glad this is why you chose to come back and stay with us every year. We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here for one night and wish I was able to stay longer. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and nice. The service was phenomenal! On the checkout day my brother had an interview so he had the car...I wanted to get lunch somewhere nearby and asked if i could walk anywhere. There were plenty of places within walking distance but the kind shuttle driver offered to drop me off and pick me up wherever I wanted to go. And I didn't even have to ask. Great place, thank you Hampton Inn...i will be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Noworries171,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our shuttle drivers are always looking for ways to help out our guests. I am glad he was able to assist you! We look forward to seeing you again, and we hope your brother’s interview went well!
Frackville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a weekend. This place is top notch and the service was impeccable! From the staff, breakfast, shuttle and amenities, we would recommend this to anyone. From the no-hitter Friday to us leaving Sunday, Hampton Inn Greetree made us feel welcomed!

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the end.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Travelinggolfer_1,
I am so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to take advantage of our hot breakfast and shuttle service to the Pirates game! We hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh! Thank you for staying with us!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in town for a recent Steelers game. The staff here was very kind and helpful. That includes the shuttle staff that will drop off and pick you up pretty much anywhere and anytime you would like. One driver, Ron or Don I think (retired firefighter) was very knowledgable about the city and recommended some good restaurants. The hotel was clean as most are and they had a managers dinner one night with chili, free beer and soft drinks. Although we had just eaten, still a nice touch. If you are looking for a nice hotel outside downtown Pittsburgh for a Steelers or Pirates game (they are right beside each other) at a cheaper rate than downtoen, I really like this choice. Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dakotan,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We want all of our guests to enjoy clean and comfortable rooms, and friendly service. I will make sure Ron is aware of your positive feedback! I hope to see you again the next time you are in town.
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. When we arrived we were told that the price had gone up. I explained that we were never notified of the price change. The front desk manager did not make us pay the increased price b/c we were not notified. To be honest, I was disappointed that "they" tried to raise the price on us. But happy that we were not charged the higher price. When we went to our room, the floor by the a/c was wet. We were both exhausted and decided we would wait until the next morning to notify the staff.
We did tell the staff and they said it would be fixed.
Friday night we went to a Pirate game. We took the shuttle. The gentleman driving the shuttle was very nice and explained the sights on our way to the park. The shuttle is to stop at 9pm, but since the game wasn't over until late, he did stay on and brought everyone back to the hotel. Thanks for staying late!
Saturday we noticed that on top of our a/c was a big pool of water and the floor was wet. So I told the front desk again about the problem. By the time we got back to the room, it was cleaned up.
Overall, this is a very clean and nice hotel. I did use the pool on Friday which was relaxing. If we were going to a Pirate game, I would probably stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimol,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that there was an issue with your A/C unit. I hope maintenance was able to address the issue in a timely manner, and the issue did not affect the rest of your stay. I am glad that you were able to utilize our shuttle service to get to and from the Pirates game.

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree? Share your experiences!